Okay, need some help....

Booman14

Okay guys, I need some help. Give me some idea of what I can do. I have booked a cruise on the Triumph in November out of New Orleans and booked using the early saver program. Now this is the third time the price has dropped and the sixth time I have submitted the price drop over a period of weeks, and so far no luck. The first time, I received a response, I recieved an email stating that someone would be contacting me, so far nothing. The second time, (about 3 weeks later) it dropped by another $100, so I just submitted the total again. Never hear anything, ever. (Even contacted my PVP twice, but he never returned my calls) Now the last time it dropped $50, now that is a total of $250, so I sent in a request, "again" and also contacted my PVP, and also contacted another PVP, just for the fun of it. I received a email today turning me down for all of it. It stated that they could not prove the price drop. WHAT?:eek: All they have to do is look on their own website. I just sent them a response containing a webshot of the "new" price, and a few choice words, but what in the world does a person have to do? So if anyone has any idea of what to do, please help. Thanks...

The prices you submitted were Carnival-advertised price drops? for the exact same cruise and Cabin Category?

Did you submit on the "Early Saver" form (not the 110% price guarantee form?

What Booking promo were the price drops for (past guest, .....)?

ken

I used the early saver form, and when I checked, I checked the early saver price for the sailing, deck, and the room right next to mine.... (I didn't look at any other rates. Past guest, Cash back, ect.) I just had my wife call a PVP, and ask about the early saver rate for the room right next to ours; she gave us a price that is $250 less then what I paid. When she said that, we told her our problem and went through the whole spill with her. She said she could not help, but would let my PVP know about the problem. I told her that I wanted to speak to her manager, and she said he would call me back, and she hung up. Hello, What? Hung up! What is going on? So tomorrow I am going to drive them crazy, I will call until something happens.....

Thats what I would do, I would start calling the 1 800 # and start asking for a supervisor.

I would also try Guest Services 1-800-929-6400, and work thru them too.

There is also a resolution dept you can get escalated to. I would start calling until I got a answer that made sense.

Don't give up on this one. Our ES rate dropped twice and twice they adjusted the price. On the third time, the 3rd and 4th passenger price went down 20.00 each (I know that is not a lot of money - but I had to try) Carnival would not reduce the rate that time said it had to be rebooked. I didn't bother to fight it - wasn't worth it. For your price reduction - I would totally fight!!!

I booked an inside cabin through early saver also. My first price drop went through fine. The second price drop I had to call many times to get them to honor it. Today the price is down $40 dollars for the inside I booked. An OV guarantee is the same price for what I paid for my early saver inside cabin. They said they would not give me the price drop because I also booked with the $50 welcome back guarantee which gets subtracted from the cabin price. Carnival states if you subtract the $50 dollars from my price my cabin is still $10 cheaper than what is listed today. It seems to me that they just took back my $50 welcome back money. I also asked them if I could just be bumped up to an OV then. I was told no. When I booked the cabin was $249 today it is $179 or $199 for an OV. I have recieved $50 obc but I see $70 difference. I think I am beginning to rethink booking this way. I already booked early saver for next year but I am regretting it. It was not worth the risk of losing the deposit if something happens and I can't go. I am caregiver for my 76 year old mother and who knows. OH well life's a gamble.

I booked an inside cabin through early saver also. My first price drop went through fine. The second price drop I had to call many times to get them to honor it. Today the price is down $40 dollars for the inside I booked. An OV guarantee is the same price for what I paid for my early saver inside cabin. They said they would not give me the price drop because I also booked with the $50 welcome back guarantee which gets subtracted from the cabin price. Carnival states if you subtract the $50 dollars from my price my cabin is still $10 cheaper than what is listed today. It seems to me that they just took back my $50 welcome back money. I also asked them if I could just be bumped up to an OV then. I was told no. When I booked the cabin was $249 today it is $179 or $199 for an OV. I have recieved $50 obc but I see $70 difference. I think I am beginning to rethink booking this way. I already booked early saver for next year but I am regretting it. It was not worth the risk of losing the deposit if something happens and I can't go. I am caregiver for my 76 year old mother and who knows. OH well life's a gamble.

I can't book ES rates because too many things are up in the air in my life so have to make changes sometimes.

With the rates they charge when not booking ES they are pretty comparable to Princess and RCI.

Bill

Archived