leaky cruise ship in NY Harbor

smeyer418

Yes, it is the former Home Lines' Oceanic. She has been chartered, I believe, to Peace Boat. Last year, when their previous vessel stopped In New York during a cruise, the Coast Guard found many serious defects during their inspection of that vessel. It was detained for some time, if I remember correctly.

It's surprising that the "Peace Boat" organization seemed not to learn much after their previous experience with old, poorly maintained tonnage.

Leaky ???

A gallon per hour ??

The drinking fountain in the engine room probably leaks more than that.

Let's see now........if they didn't fix that leak and didn't pump out any of the water leaking in, the ship would probably sink in a little over 300 years from now.

Leaky ???

A gallon per hour ??

The drinking fountain in the engine room probably leaks more than that.

Let's see now........if they didn't fix that leak and didn't pump out any of the water leaking in, the ship would probably sink in a little over 300 years from now.

And under sea conditions with that age and shape of vessel, a small leak becomes a large leak - and there very well could be more........

Let me see, NY to New Zealand - ah just a short hop!

Would you get on a "leaky" airplane?

And under sea conditions with that age and shape of vessel, a small leak becomes a large leak - and there very well could be more........

Let me see, NY to New Zealand - ah just a short hop!

Would you get on a "leaky" airplane?

Yes, NYC to New Zealand could increase the leak and it would then sink in only 50 years - if they didn't pump out the bilge.

News Flash. We all get on leaky airplanes. They are not even remotely airtight. Just stand next to an exit door at 35,000 feet and listen to the air rushing out.

Yes, NYC to New Zealand could increase the leak and it would then sink in only 50 years - if they didn't pump out the bilge.

News Flash. We all get on leaky airplanes. They are not even remotely airtight. Just stand next to an exit door at 35,000 feet and listen to the air rushing out.[/quote

Whatever - Happy sailing!

Archived