Coffee Card on Princess

jkshu80

Pardon my denseness, but I still have a question even after reading all the posts on this thread. If I buy a Coffee Card and use it just for good brewed decaf coffee, can I still share the card with my husband if he, too, is just drinking brewed coffee. I understand that it can be shared if you're ordering specialty coffees, but what about brewed coffee? Do we need to buy two cards in that case?

I think if you are ordering the brewed coffee and sharing the card you can only order one brewed as you have to show them the card. Give it a try and if they say they have to punch the card for the second brewed than either buy a second card or just go up to the counter twice! Keep in mind that in the dining room brewed coffee is complementary. In horizon court if you order regular coffee they will bring you the coffee from the buffet area which is a syrup type of coffee. If you order a specialty coffee in horizon court buffet they go all the way down to deck 5 to international cafe to get it for you! At least that is what my server did when I ordered a cappuccino out on the aft deck outside the buffet one morning. He went all the way down to get it. For the most part I just went down to international cafe myself on deck 5 and got the speciality coffees on my own, or ordered them from the formal dining rooms or other rooms that were closer to deck 5 so as to get it faster and save the waitier the time of running downt o deck 5. You can also get to-go cups at the international cafe. Ask for a large, and they only punch it once!! A large in a to-go cup could give both you and hubby a nice speciality java first thing in the morning if you want your card to go further. I also ordered two speciality coffees many times and they just did 2 punches. So you can likely order one speciality and one regular and just get one punch.

Is it possible to purchase the coffee card before getting on the ship? I'd like to get it for DH as a part of a surprise for his birthday which is a few weeks before our cruise. Thanks>Kade

As far as I know the coffee card can only be bought on board. You could call 1-800-PRINCESS and ask.

I think if you are ordering the brewed coffee and sharing the card you can only order one brewed as you have to show them the card. Give it a try and if they say they have to punch the card for the second brewed than either buy a second card or just go up to the counter twice! Keep in mind that in the dining room brewed coffee is complementary. In horizon court if you order regular coffee they will bring you the coffee from the buffet area which is a syrup type of coffee. If you order a specialty coffee in horizon court buffet they go all the way down to deck 5 to international cafe to get it for you! At least that is what my server did when I ordered a cappuccino out on the aft deck outside the buffet one morning. He went all the way down to get it. For the most part I just went down to international cafe myself on deck 5 and got the speciality coffees on my own, or ordered them from the formal dining rooms or other rooms that were closer to deck 5 so as to get it faster and save the waitier the time of running downt o deck 5. You can also get to-go cups at the international cafe. Ask for a large, and they only punch it once!! A large in a to-go cup could give both you and hubby a nice speciality java first thing in the morning if you want your card to go further. I also ordered two speciality coffees many times and they just did 2 punches. So you can likely order one speciality and one regular and just get one punch.

The diningroom coffee is complementary, but it is not brewed coffee. It is the same syrupy sludge you get everywhere else.

The diningroom coffee is complementary, but it is not brewed coffee. It is the same syrupy sludge you get everywhere else.

I didn't realize it was the same! It tasted much better to me than the cofee in horizon court and even better than the brewed cofee at international cafe! Neato! :)

I didn't realize it was the same! It tasted much better to me than the cofee in horizon court and even better than the brewed cofee at international cafe! Neato! :)

I think it's more of a psychological factor whereas you want that cup of coffee to end your full meal. :p

Last July my husband lost his coffee card while we were on the Island Princess. I never let him forget it. Well, we just got off the CB this June 29 and I lost my coffee card. We loved having the cards for as long as we had them. I reported the loss to passenger services but as there is no way to track the cards, it is impossible to replace them; although it might be good PR. Bottom line.....don't lose the card!

okay,i've read everything about the coffee cards but still have a question-what if dh and i use up all but one of the punches on lattes and still want more lattes? Do we buy another card in order to have the savings the card provides? Shelly :)

Last July my husband lost his coffee card while we were on the Island Princess. I never let him forget it. Well, we just got off the CB this June 29 and I lost my coffee card. We loved having the cards for as long as we had them. I reported the loss to passenger services but as there is no way to track the cards, it is impossible to replace them; although it might be good PR. Bottom line.....don't lose the card!

I keep my coffee card in a Princess luggage tag. Hard to lose something that big. It also preserves it, since it's really just a piece of paper. You can also keep it in a plastic pouch attached to your lanyard. If, you wear a lanyard.

okay,i've read everything about the coffee cards but still have a question-what if dh and i use up all but one of the punches on lattes and still want more lattes? Do we buy another card in order to have the savings the card provides? Shelly :)

That's up to you. Are you booked on another Princess cruise? Do you intend to book another Princess cruise? If the answer is no, just get your last latte and pay for the other.

I keep my coffee card in a Princess luggage tag. Hard to lose something that big. It also preserves it, since it's really just a piece of paper. You can also keep it in a plastic pouch attached to your lanyard. If, you wear a lanyard.

Not everybody has beaten up on the folks at trivia and won one of the highly prized Princess luggage tags.

Not everybody has beaten up on the folks at trivia and won one of the highly prized Princess luggage tags.

I'm sure they can improvise. At least I didn't suggest lamination, which I have all intentions of doing when I get around to it.

Really? I had mine replaced with no problem -- I lost my coffee card on day 2 of my cruise aboard the Dawn and the woman at the Purser's Desk was quite helpful. It wasn't immediate -- she had to check with the F&B department and that took a couple of hours -- actually, I think she just forgot about it until I came back two hours later to check. I had to show her my original receipt for the card, and voila, that was it. The bartender at the Patisserie was instructed to give me a new card (and he very kindly didn't even punch out the punch I had already used up on the old card, even though I told him to).

I have to say, that was typical of the service on the Dawn -- possibly the friendliest staff of any ship I've sailed on to date. But if anyone in the future loses their coffee card, rest assured, there is indeed precedent for having it replaced. Just don't throw away that receipt -- I got the distinct impression that having that in my possession sealed the deal.

Really? I had mine replaced with no problem -- I lost my coffee card on day 2 of my cruise aboard the Dawn and the woman at the Purser's Desk was quite helpful. It wasn't immediate -- she had to check with the F&B department and that took a couple of hours -- actually, I think she just forgot about it until I came back two hours later to check. I had to show her my original receipt for the card, and voila, that was it. The bartender at the Patisserie was instructed to give me a new card (and he very kindly didn't even punch out the punch I had already used up on the old card, even though I told him to).

I have to say, that was typical of the service on the Dawn -- possibly the friendliest staff of any ship I've sailed on to date. But if anyone in the future loses their coffee card, rest assured, there is indeed precedent for having it replaced. Just don't throw away that receipt -- I got the distinct impression that having that in my possession sealed the deal.

Ahhh! A happy ending for the caffiene dependent!:) (Right there with you! It is the only way I can survive school and my job!:D)

Want an honest opinion from a "coffee snob":D

Is the fresh brewed coffee you get with this coffee card okay? Or should you bring your own coffee maker:confused:

The fresh brewed is OK, but I still bring my coffeemaker. :D

Archived