can you fill me in?

DandyCandy

Hi Guys, been out of the cruising loop for about 2 years now ( had a baby) so please bear with me. Why aren't there any good 7 night cruises in the Caribbean with Princess anymore? Seems like all Princess wants you to take are 10-14 day cruises. Carnival seems to stompin' all over the earth. I know these 2 are under the same umbrella company, but I didnt get the memo that said Carnival is gonna be in your face no matter where you go. We like to cruise in Sept., when kids have gone back to school, and there is like one cruise giong in Sept.. Has it always been this way and I am just now noticing?

Please fill me in! :confused:

Princess has lots of 7 days to the Caribbean but not in Sept. they are still in europe and start coming back around Oct and go through the following May.

Marilyn

Hi Guys, been out of the cruising loop for about 2 years now ( had a baby) so please bear with me. Why aren't there any good 7 night cruises in the Caribbean with Princess anymore? Seems like all Princess wants you to take are 10-14 day cruises. Carnival seems to stompin' all over the earth. I know these 2 are under the same umbrella company, but I didnt get the memo that said Carnival is gonna be in your face no matter where you go. We like to cruise in Sept., when kids have gone back to school, and there is like one cruise giong in Sept.. Has it always been this way and I am just now noticing?

There are plenty of them, but they spend the summer and September either in Europe, or doing NYC departure cruises to Bermuda. 7-day cruises to the Caribbean start up again sailing out of Fort Lauderdale in October. Best times to go are October through early Dec, with the exception of Thanksgiving weeks. Another good time is January through late February. This avoids the various school breaks, which tend to be much higher priced, and (if you're looking for something relaxing just for grownups) have far fewer school age kids.

If you want to do a rare short cruise out of FLL on Princess, there are two 3-day sailings on the Ruby Princess on either 12/14 or 12/17.

Good luck! :)

Hurricane season starts 6/1 and ends 11/30. But the highest probability of stormy weather would be in August through October.

If you can locate the storm tracks of the last 3 years, I think you would surely try to avoid cruising in the Caribbean in September, regardless of whether you opt for Eastern or Western intinaries.

Maam,

Congratulations on having gifts now.

Children are such wonders as we all were once a child.

On your cruising ability..

Then try US New England as well Canada here on the East Coast.

A lot of cruise ships are plying the waters and in the wonderful Ports of Call.

History abounds .. yes your cj=hildren may be young but showing them photos, momentos and/or movies when they get to an age where they may care will be a wonderful recollection and memory for all.

CCL CUK :NYSE/LSE Carnival does have quite a few Cruise Lines..

RCL :NYSE does have a few too...

Choices Choices...

As a shareholder of Carnival Corp. CCL/CUK :NYSE you do obtain an OBC for each Cruise on any of the Ships and Cruise Lines too.. A great mutual benefit.

Ask your Travel Agent or Stock Broker about it!

But most of all youall no matter where you choose have a wonderful and safe cruise, then tell all of us the news and your views.:cool:

Princess has made the decision that they can make more money on the European and Alaskan cruises during the summer than by having a bunch of ships in the Caribbean.

Thanks to everyone who responded first off. This response though, I feel probably answers my question the best.

I should have mentioned that I didnt wanna have to fly, that I wanted to catch the cruise out of FL or one of the other states down south.

It's too bad Princess feels that way. :(

CCL/CUK :NYSE :LSE Carnival Corp. Made the decisions.

:cool:

Princess has made the decision that they can make more money on the European and Alaskan cruises during the summer than by having a bunch of ships in the Caribbean.

Archived