Live Band and Sail Away?

Caramel1398

Hello again,

Awhile back I read a post on here that was discussing the possibility of Princess taking away the live band in order to save money. Has this happened or is there still talks of it happening?

One of the things we enjoyed greatly on our last Princess cruise (three or four years ago) was the sailaway party. It was ten times better than Royal Caribbean's and we're wondering if it's still as great as it was before?

Thanks!

Hello again,

Awhile back I read a post on here that was discussing the possibility of Princess taking away the live band in order to save money. Has this happened or is there still talks of it happening?

One of the things we enjoyed greatly on our last Princess cruise (three or four years ago) was the sailaway party. It was ten times better than Royal Caribbean's and we're wondering if it's still as great as it was before?

Thanks!

As one of the other posters said about their Feb cruise, on our March cruise on the Ruby, the sailaway party was awesome, and the band jammed. Classic rock stuff. I remember we stood on deck 17 forward of Neptunes Reef pool, and as I looked down at the band and party on the Lido deck, I could also see across to the movie screen at the other pool...Wall-E was being shown. Awesome time.

Can anyone tell me if the awesome band wavelength is performing on the caribbean princess sailing on aug 13,2009?;)

Epithani is the current band on the Caribbean Princess...:)

Every time I have sailed the Caribbean there has been a live sailaway band. It used to always be a Caribbean steel band playing island music but lately just seems to be rock music. Are you listening Princess? Bring the Caribbean steel bands/Reggae/Ska bands back when sailing the Caribbean.

Every time I have sailed the Caribbean there has been a live sailaway band. It used to always be a Caribbean steel band playing island music but lately just seems to be rock music. Are you listening Princess? Bring the Caribbean steel bands/Reggae/Ska bands back when sailing the Caribbean.

I agree with you, and hope Princess is listening. We heard Epithani last year on the Crown and enjoyed their music.

Hello again,

Thanks!

What you might remember hearing about is in Seattle at Pier 91, some of the neighbors in the area were unhappy about the noise at sailaway, so I guess for a while Princess was not playing music during sailaway. I have heard that they are back to playing it, but maybe just not quite so loud. I hope so anyhow as we sail in about 6 weeks. And the sailaway is one of the best parts of the cruise.

What you might remember hearing about is in Seattle at Pier 91, some of the neighbors in the area were unhappy about the noise at sailaway, so I guess for a while Princess was not playing music during sailaway. I have heard that they are back to playing it, but maybe just not quite so loud. I hope so anyhow as we sail in about 6 weeks. And the sailaway is one of the best parts of the cruise.

How loud good it be? Why do people always have to find something to complain about?

THANK YOU RICKEK FOR THE INFORMATION EPITHANI IS A GOOD BAND THEY WERE ON THE CROWN PRINCESS TWO YEARS AGO WHEN I SAILED ON THE CROWN REALLY ENJOYED THEM ESPECIALLY ON ISLAND NIGHT THE CROWN PRINCESS WAS REALLY ROCKING :p PS I REALLY ENJOY YOUR PICTURE LINK

Epithani is the current band on the Caribbean Princess...:)

How's the weather been so far? Heard you missed Bermuda. Can you tell me who the CD and his staff are? We sail next week. I heard Tim Donovan is the CD, but I am hoping to see some old friends from his staff from last summer.

Also, is Epithani the Island type band? Do they have a more rock type band in the Explorers lounge? Last summer they had Wavelength, who were great. I know they are no longer onboard so I wondered if Princess replaced that opening.

Enjoy the cruise. I am looking forward to it.

Freddie

Also, is Epithani the Island type band? Do they have a more rock type band in the Explorers lounge? Last summer they had Wavelength, who were great. I know they are no longer onboard so I wondered if Princess replaced that opening.

I was also wondering if they replaced Wavelength with another rock band for this summer's voyages out of NYC? Last year we really enjoyed being able to listen to rock music, as well as jazz and island/reggae.

• 2 months later...
Princess please book the guys from Canada on any Princess ship, I want to listen to them perform again, they were great. Anyone else also have the same experience?

Ditto, please please please! We loved them. How about booking them on the Ruby, say round about Nov 24 2009 cruise??:D C'mon Princess!

I think Princess has had a band for almost every sailaway, although in recent years, they do not play as long.

I am a HUGE fan of live music, especially on deck and in the lounges at night. It is one of the prime reasons we've stayed with Princess. We love the Caribbean music when in the Caribbean, it adds so much to the overall atmosphere! Oasys was our favorite, but we haven't seen them since the one cruise.

The topic I read in the past on CC talked about Princess reducing the number of live bands, and the coverage. It may be only a reduction of one band per ship, but it has resulted in less time for dancing or just listening, and bands on deck have been the biggest casualty of this cost reduction.

I make sure to ALWAYS comment positively on the live music when filling out my end of cruise questionaire - Do you?

Archived