Manhattan pier to EWR area hotel

PSCruiser

Following a Sept. transatlantic into the NYC pier, we will need to get back to our car at an EWR area hotel (Elizabeth NJ). Thinking of a taxi, but some threads talk about hassles in the taxi line - would a car service be better? What will costs be for taxi, car service? Recommendations? Thanks!

Following a Sept. transatlantic into the NYC pier, we will need to get back to our car at an EWR area hotel (Elizabeth NJ). Thinking of a taxi, but some threads talk about hassles in the taxi line - would a car service be better? What will costs be for taxi, car service? Recommendations? Thanks!

Which pier??? Manhattan or Brooklyn???

Manhattan to EWR-about $75.00

Brooklyn to EWR-about $100.00

Car service will provide a FIXED price. And you are correct-you will have to NEGOTIATE to get a NYC taxi driver to take you anyplace OTHER than the airport proper. They DO NOT have to take you to your Elizabeth hotel. They DO NOT have to take you any place else in NJ. They DO have to take you to the airport.

Do a search on this forum for car services. I personally like Dial 7.

If you are not in a rush I would take a Taxi. It will be cheaper. Sometimes we've gotten a cab right away and other times had to wait about 15 minutes max.

But if you are in a rush I would arrange for a car to pick you up.

Keith

a cab from NY to a hotel near EWR will not be cheaper...the cabbie does NOT have to take you and they can charge what they want. They ONLY have to take you to the airport...

book a car service like

www.dial7.com

or www.carmellimo.com

I agree and I stand corrected. I didn't pick up on the fact that the OP was trying to get over to Elizabeth, NJ.

I would look at a private car service.

Keith

Archived