water bottle question..

i just read a post about bringing on your own water and soda...i didnt think it was that easy!!

do they sell or give you bottled water on the ship?

i am thinking about taking some with me for my son when we go into the island so he always is hydrated!!

My husband and I always bring empty sports bottles aboard with us. This way we can fill them with ice water, or iced tea in the Windjammer and be able to carry it around the ship, into our cabin or out on an excursion. We've never brought any bottles with us on the ship, but there are plenty of posts here from people that have, so it seems like Royal Caribbean will let you as long as it's non-alcoholic. Just remember you have to lug it to the ship! I wouldn't bother with bottled water, since the water has tasted great on every ship I've been on, and I'm picky about that. If you're into soda though, it might be worth it.

Yes they sell bottle water. they even offer a bottle water package 4 , 6, 8, 10 bottles or something like that. I beleive the package has to be ordered before cruise date. never seen the package offered on board just on their web site.

We bring one "reusable" bottle for excursions where we may not have access to something "clean" to drink. Otherwise, we're not the sort of people who have to carry water with us everywhere....

I'm totally into "tap' water. It's just water, after all!

You can refill your own bottles as needed and sodas are available for purchase, if you want them. They will sell you water, too, but when it's free out of the spigot, why pay?

Yes they sell bottle water. they even offer a bottle water package 4 , 6, 8, 10 bottles or something like that. I beleive the package has to be ordered before cruise date. never seen the package offered on board just on their web site.

Have you seen the water package offered on the web site recently? About a month ago, I emailed RCCL asking if they have a water package, and they said no. We would definitley get it if they offer it.

From what I heard about the water package was that it was extremely inflated as to price. Like others have said, bring a couple sports bottles or water bottles and refill them at the water coolers by the Windjammer. Some excursions will even provide water.

I am supposed to (according to my team of Doctors) drink "Caffeine Free" cola. I prefer the Diet Rite Cola so I taped two 12 packs together securely and even made a handle for picking it up but it apparently got tossed around a good bit and 3 of the cans were smashed open.

DSCN8484.jpg

On our last cruise on the Monarch I put individual plastic bottles with screw on lids of Diet Cola in our suitcases. That worked much better!

I never knew about the bottled water package. Where is it on the website?

We always use a sports bottle for water. Our cabin attendant has filled it with ice for use when going on an excursion.. Single bottles of water have always been available for about $3 per bottle.

The water on the ship is good and there seems no need to buy a water package, especially for the price they charge.

My DH and I always bring sparkling water (just a preference) and diet ginger ale. We pack it with our beach towels (yes, we bring our own, again just a preference) inside a duffel bag and never had any cans/bottles break. :)

Good luck to all and happy sails!:)

We cruised in April, 2009 on the Grandeur. They offered it on the ship in the same place that you buy the soda cards. This was the first time we saw it. They delivered it to the room.

I am supposed to (according to my team of Doctors) drink "Caffeine Free" cola. I prefer the Diet Rite Cola so I taped two 12 packs together securely and even made a handle for picking it up but it apparently got tossed around a good bit and 3 of the cans were smashed open.

DSCN8484.jpg

Wow, what did you do? - neglect to tip the dockside porter? :D

Have you seen the water package offered on the web site recently? About a month ago, I emailed RCCL asking if they have a water package, and they said no. We would definitley get it if they offer it.

Yes. I saw it on Monday. I have a cruise booked so I went to My cruises, cruise enhancements, beverage packages. I will be cruising on the liberty of the seas and it says from July 4th there will be water, juice and wine and dine packages available for online purchases. I do not know if it can be done on board. There is a breakdown (Date) for each ship for when this starts.

Sorry if this is a "dumb" question but....we are flying into Miami and staying at the Intercontinental the day before our cruise. Once we arrive I don't want to have to worry about finding a cab to drive us somewhere to buy soda bottles. If I pack soda bottles will they explode from the pressure of flying? Wanda

Sorry if this is a "dumb" question but....we are flying into Miami and staying at the Intercontinental the day before our cruise. Once we arrive I don't want to have to worry about finding a cab to drive us somewhere to buy soda bottles. If I pack soda bottles will they explode from the pressure of flying? Wanda

We stayed at the InterCon...you will love it, btw!

I am pretty sure you can find a few places within walking distance...my DH will know more. I will tell him to post here when he gets home from work.

I am not sure about the bottles exploding, that's actually a good question, LOL :):D

I found it somewhere on the RC website. It was with the soda/wine etc packages. They must be selling liquid gold because the prices were extremely high. I've started to always carry an empty water bottle whenenver I travel. I usually just take the top off and put it in my purse so that when I go through security checks, they don't question it. As I remember, the cruise ship didn't make it easy to fill the bottles, so this year I may buy a sports bottle before I go becuase they have a wide mouth that is easier to fill.

Debbie

They probably would - I would risk it - I've had stuff explode in luggage - not pretty.

You have to go from the hotel to port, have taxi driver stop on the way - or hotel shuttle. The front desk of the hotel should be able to tell you closest place.

What I did was use google map to find my hotel location in Ft. Laud. Then used "SEARCH NEARBY" for liquor store - and found one about a block and a half away with that method. Soda can be had at gas station mini-marts, grocery stores, etc.

What you spend in having the taxi wait is probably less than you'd spend on the extra weight flying.

There is a CVS within walking distance of the Intercontinental Miami, I use it to stock up on odds and ends before leaving for the port.

Great views of the ships from the bayfront windows.

try the poolside restaurant there for a great meal, just lunchtimes tho.

We brought 24 oz refillable water bottles that were used for the entire cruise. To shake it up a bit, we also brought various Crystal Light and Propel flavorings. It worked out perfectly when we went ashore for excursions. Crusing again on FOS this August and plan to do the same again.

Archived