Anchor Vs. Engines?

Looking for a cheap getaway, I am considering the Jan 24th cruise to Western Caribbean on Carnival Valor. On Rivera deck, there are only rooms available right near the anchor or the engines. I'm looking for opinions on which would be the better alternative?????

are you looking at 1A's or inside 4's?

if the 1A's I would look at those located by the aft elevators.

As the friend who is trying to convince her to go on this cruise, I know that she is looking at category 4A. Would you still pick the aft?

Id pick the aft, even with the vibrations (thrusters, not from engines), because the aft elevator is more convenient, both to the dining room, and the buffet, which is close to the main pool too.

I have only heard the anchors on the port side, not on the starboard side and I was recently again on the starboard side and except for one day of tenders that was noisy near us, never once heard the anchors on the other side of the ship.

I got used to the vibration in the floor, which is worse going in and out of ports (because the ship uses the thrusters to maneuver), not because the vibration is from the engines which are not located in the aft.

As the friend who is trying to convince her to go on this cruise, I know that she is looking at category 4A. Would you still pick the aft?

in a heartbeat- very convenient. the only time we ventured forward was at night to see a show in the lounge-- everything else was located aft

Archived