MS Century compared to MS Solstice

stevenr597

My wife and I are thinking about booking a cruise to Europe. Two ships we are considering are the MS Century and the MS Solstice. We know that the Century is an older ship, but have read that it has been updated. How does this ship compare to the Solstice which we have heard fantastic things about. We have cruised on several different lines including twice on the Millenium. Last year we were on the Queen Victoria and how does Celebrity compared to Cunard.

My wife and I are thinking about booking a cruise to Europe. Two ships we are considering are the MS Century and the MS Solstice. We know that the Century is an older ship, but have read that it has been updated. How does this ship compare to the Solstice which we have heard fantastic things about. We have cruised on several different lines including twice on the Millenium. Last year we were on the Queen Victoria and how does Celebrity compared to Cunard.

The Century is MUCH smaller than the Solstice. The Century is smaller than the Milennium class ships. Prior to its renovation, it was identical to the Mercury. The Solstice and Equinox are the largest ships in Celebrity's fleet.

However, food and service should be consistent across all of Celebrity's ships.

I've sailed on the Century 3 times, latest one was after the remodel. I sailed on the Solstice in January. While we enjoyed our last Century sailing, I prefer the Solstice hands down. Cabins, Specialty dining, Spa facilities, public rooms, etc, etc, etc, cannot be compared. Just read some of the reviews for both ships and you'll see why.

We sailed on the third sailing of the Solstice in December, so she was still "New". We sailed on the Century in January, and she was in very good condition. The Solstice is the newest and largest in Celebrity's fleet, but the Century has plenty to offer also. Century carries 1000 fewer guests.

The itinerary might make a difference in my choice.

You would have a great cruise on either ship!

Charlie

have been on Century twice post refurb--once to W Medit & have been on Solstice once & returning for E medit..... Only benefit to Century is that it is smaller so fewer pax getting on & off at ports. It still feels much older than Mercury which has a better design & updated pool deck in comparison!

Solstice is lighter , brighter & livelier--unless you are truly a fan of a smaller older ship!!

I think it's next to impossible to compare these two ships. Both of them are my favorites in different ways. I would look more toward the itinerary than the ships. We came back in May from the Med on Solstice and the itinerary was incredible.

We have been on Solstice twice and Century three times and honestly like them both for very different reasons. If the ship itself attracts you, Solstice wins hands down. It is described as the best new ship to debut in years for a reason.

Archived