Mercury Sunset Verandas

BananaAnna

Veranda sizes are listed as 67 sq. ft. or 87 sq. ft.

Cabins are Penthouse deck 1156, 1154, 1152, 1161, 1163

and Panorama deck 8224, 8226, 8228, 8230, 8232, 8265, 8263, 8261, 8259.

Does anyone know which cabin = which size veranda?

Any of these cabins particularly better or worse than others?

Any pictures I can access?

Thanks much!

We are booked in 8232 on the January 10 sailing out of Baltimore. Never been on Mercury before but if she mirrors Galaxy, I know my wife and I will enjoy the coziness of the vessel.

I caught the cruise the second day it was available for purchase. We scored the stateroom for a total of $3100.00 for us both. As we live at the New Jersey shore, it is only a short drive to Baltimore thus increasing our savings (and reducing our aggravation) by not having to endure the usual U.S. Airways adventure from Philadelphia to Florida.

We had become loyal to Constellation thanks to the inimitable Perry Grant. A good vessel is Connie, but what with Equinox succeeding her on the Lauderdale runs, it was time to broaden our horizons - - we are not aficionados of overly large ships.

Looking forward to reading any responses.

Fred & Genny

at the New Jersey Shore

BananaAnna,

I read on a thread that the beds in the sunset veranda cabins do not seperate and become 2 twins and the person next to the wall has to climb over the other to get out of bed. Which may be OK for a couple but not for mom & me. The sunset veranda beds on the Century do come apart.

BananaAnna,

I read on a thread that the beds in the sunset veranda cabins do not seperate and become 2 twins and the person next to the wall has to climb over the other to get out of bed. Which may be OK for a couple but not for mom & me. The sunset veranda beds on the Century do come apart.

We were on the Mercury in cabin 8224 in January 2008. LOVED the balcony. Right next to our balcony was a public stairwell and small deck area. We just took 2 loungers from there and had plenty of room on our balcony for the table and 2 chairs, plus the 2 loungers. There was no noise or disturbance from that stairwell area at any time on our Australia/NZ cruise.

The bed was a pain as it is up against the wall. BUT, given the size of the cabin and the great balcony, I would book it again in a heartbeat. There is a couch in the sitting area that opens into a bed, so you don't have to share the bed with your Mom. I think I've seen on these boards that some couples even use this instead of the regular bed as they find it more comfortable.

We spent almost all of our time on our balcony because it was more protected from the cool breezes in the Aus/NZ waters.

Unless I receive a more definitive answer, it sounds like Panorama deck verandas are the larger ones. While I'd rather have beds that separate (even after 20+ years of marriage) I can live with the 3-sided arrangement. If all else fails, one of us can sleep on the sofa.

Who knows!

I have a 2009 Celebrity brochure, the penthouse deck SV show a larger balcony on the deck plans, so I switched from the panorama deck. We sail Aug 30th and are looking forward to our aft (stern) cabin, big or small balcony, big or smaller bed! But it would be nice to get a straight answer from Celebrity.

We had 1154 for our cruise to Sydney. I will second everything JMB said about the bed. It was the only thing we didn't like about the cabin. The cabin itself is very roomy with the sofa in an area separated from the bed by a screen and the balcony was huge. We had about 15 people on it one day. It is only a hop down the stairs from the buffet area to the cabin. Sometimes when the buffet was crowded, we brought our lunch down to our balcony and enjoyed it there. Very nice cabin. Go for it!

Thank-you for the information teabag, we're in 1161 for the Aug 30th cruise. I thought the cabin location looked good and am really looking forward to that balcony now. After 40 years of marriage I don't think we'll mind the cozy bed.

Veranda sizes are listed as 67 sq. ft. or 87 sq. ft.

Cabins are Penthouse deck 1156, 1154, 1152, 1161, 1163

and Panorama deck 8224, 8226, 8228, 8230, 8232, 8265, 8263, 8261, 8259.

Does anyone know which cabin = which size veranda?

Any of these cabins particularly better or worse than others?

Any pictures I can access?

Thanks much!

There are a couple of links to photos of SVs on the Panaroma Deck in this great site:

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

I'm not sure how accurate the Celebrity brochure measurements are, but I think those SVs on the Penthouse Deck will have the larger balconies as from memory the public deck space they used up to accomodate them when they did alterations to the ship had more depth.

Phil

I love you guys! We were already booked on the Penthouse Deck and are thrilled to find we can get 15 folks on our veranda.

Now if I can just find 13 more people....

Seriously, it is great to be able to get info from folks that have been there, done that. You guys are awesome.

We were on the Mercury in cabin 8224 in January 2008. LOVED the balcony. Right next to our balcony was a public stairwell and small deck area. We just took 2 loungers from there and had plenty of room on our balcony for the table and 2 chairs, plus the 2 loungers. There was no noise or disturbance from that stairwell area at any time on our Australia/NZ cruise.

The bed was a pain as it is up against the wall. BUT, given the size of the cabin and the great balcony, I would book it again in a heartbeat. There is a couch in the sitting area that opens into a bed, so you don't have to share the bed with your Mom. I think I've seen on these boards that some couples even use this instead of the regular bed as they find it more comfortable.

We spent almost all of our time on our balcony because it was more protected from the cool breezes in the Aus/NZ waters.

Glad you enjoyed this cabin we are booked on the Mercury out of Baltimore in this same cabin 11/9/09 and are looking foward to this cabin and cruise. Any other little tips about the cabin.

Glad you enjoyed this cabin we are booked on the Mercury out of Baltimore in this same cabin 11/9/09 and are looking foward to this cabin and cruise. Any other little tips about the cabin.

I hope you like it as much as we did. As I recall, there is no overhead protection on the balcony, so if it rains you get wet. Luckily we had great weather on our trip. The positive side of that is....if you want to get a tan, you are in luck!

You can go up the stairs right next to your cabin and get food or snacks to bring down to enjoy on your balcony (sushi @ 5 each day)

Do a "search" type in 'Mercury 8224' and you can see some pictures. I found these helpful before our cruise.

Have a great time! We will be sailing on the Constellation on 11/9/09.

I hope you like it as much as we did. As I recall, there is no overhead protection on the balcony, so if it rains you get wet. Luckily we had great weather on our trip. The positive side of that is....if you want to get a tan, you are in luck!

You can go up the stairs right next to your cabin and get food or snacks to bring down to enjoy on your balcony (sushi @ 5 each day)

Do a "search" type in 'Mercury 8224' and you can see some pictures. I found these helpful before our cruise.

Have a great time! We will be sailing on the Constellation on 11/9/09.

So you will be on the same cruise as us what cabin are you in did you sign up for the cc party we have a roll call thread going Mercury out of Baltimore 11/09 09 if you have not joined please do.

• 3 weeks later...

On the X website when you go to the deck plans you have to select either before April 9 2010 or after. It appears that the deck plans change and that the balconies get bigger after that date. Does anyone know of a refurb? Perhaps the larger balcony size is after April 2009?

Archived