Majesty stateroom size comparison

xsnowman99

Last year we sailed on Majesty out of Charleston..had a CC cabin which it says was 145 sq ft. We want a quick getaway (running away from house being on market, cleaning etc) out of Baltimore. Our CC cabin was small..one of us (that would have been me) had to step over the corner of the bed to get out. I cannot even imagine how much smaller the 109 sq ft rooms are? Any info anyone can share? We are looking at maybe an H or GG or F (do not want to be on obstructed floor)

Also, if you do a guarantee room, would they ever move you up one grade to an obstructed room if your orginial category was on an unobstructed floor? (there is an H category as guarantee on Atlantic deck available)

thanks for any help. I am really ready to put this to bed...I have been researching for a week. My boss will be glad for me to move on to office 'stuff'.

As always, CC boards are a great resource!!

In May we had an obstructed oceanview (superior) on the Majesty, 145 sq feet and it wasn't too bad. My parents had on obstructed that was 109 square feet and I was really glad ours was larger. We had about twice the closet space they did; they had no fridge and about half the drawer space we had. Mom kept most of her clothes in her suitcase which she kept under the bed. They had their room set up with twin beds and there was very little room between the beds.

No way around it, they're small.

Along with stepping over the corner of the bed, you will now also have to crawl up and over your bed buddy to get out of bed. :eek: There's always the option of leaving the beds seperated which leaves a walkway.;)

Also, if you do a guarantee room, would they ever move you up one grade to an obstructed room if your orginial category was on an unobstructed floor? (there is an H category as guarantee on Atlantic deck available)

Unless I'm looking at the deck plan wrong, there are no cabins on Atlantic Deck (deck 5). And, I don't remember any cabins on that deck when I was on the Majesty. Regardless of that however, if the obstructed view room is considered a higher category then the guarantee one you book, you absolutely can be moved to the obstructed view cabin. Even though you (and most of us) would disagree, NCL considers that an "upgrade". If you don't want to end up in an obstucted view, I wouldn't book guarantee.

CG

2 years agp we were ""upgraded"" from an inside to OV Problem was it was the small (109) foot cabin. What a difference! My DH and I are not tiny so the thought of crawling over each other was not too appealing. Lucily I had not booked a Guarentee so went to desk to complain and request my old room back. ""But its an upgrade mam" Ship was booked but we did get our old room back Guess someone else got the "upgrade""

Well, after much collection of information and consideration, I think we have decided to go with Category E on viking deck...stateroom 883, which shows it is 30% obstructed. I am not so excited about the smaller size (109 sq ft), however, I am very claustrophobic and an inside would definitely not work. At any rate, we only sleep and change clothes in the room.

Thanks to everyone again for the invaluable help! I love CC and the wonderful people who give you the information you need!

Happy Sailng....L

Hi everyone, this will be our 2nd cruise on NCl, we are booked for New England/Canada in Sept.09..Little bit concerned abour size of our room and we are 3 rather "Large" girls, have booked an inside room on Deck 6..Any info would be appreciated.....love NCL...:p;):D

What's your cabin number?

Archived