What Does Your Room Look Like At End Of Cruise

Another vote for a neat cabin....except for the bed.

We unpack...putting everything in its place and use one suitecase as the "dirty clothes hamper" during the cruise.

I do wish I that had taken a picture though of the cabin across from us on the Fantasy years ago. It was 4 kids ( 14-19) and the parents were up the hall.

Every time that door was open, it looked like they literally opened every suitcase....dumped the contents into the floor and then left the suitcases on top of them. You could not see one inch of the floor...you could not see the beds....I do not know how the cabin steward moved in there...much less cleaned. It was this way the entire cruise.

If kids a bit older it could have been mine - lol - serioulsy, not quite that bad because I wouldn't be able to stand that even not staying in the room, but way too much stuff out. However, at the start of every cruise they tell the room steward to only clean the bathroom, and I give them an over the door organizer so counter is clear & easy to clean. Steward is told to leave the rest untouched...don't make bed, vacumn, etc. Before disembarking they leave everything in nice order.

On the other hand, my husband & I probably would both be diagnosed with having a bit of OCD with regard to the need for order. Everything hung up or in drawers, bring pop-up hamper for dirty clothes, counter & desk must be kept clear. That is why I let my kids break loose on that orderly requirement when on vacation.

Steward is told to leave the rest untouched...don't make bed, vacumn, etc. Before disembarking they leave everything in nice order.

Sounds like a plan to me. They probably know where everything is and having the room straightened up would be useless.

No pics but we're not as compulsive as some of you. Clothes are hung or folded on shelves. Bottom of closet with no shelves serves for throwing (not folding) dirty clothes. Suitcases are under the bed.

dh's stuff is on the bathroom shelves and my "stuff" (hair, makeup etc) are on the vanity/desk in the room. Booze and glasses sitting around too.

Shoes are usually by the sofa where they were taken off.

We leave books and things laying around on the tables, we never make our own bed and usually unmake it in the afternoon for our nap. So it winds up being made twice a day.

We are on VACATION :D:D:eek: We clean and tidy and pick up after ourselves the rest of the year. We're too busy having fun.

Nothing left in the room but what was there to start with when we leave though.

Counters cleared all trash in the trash cans...but we don't waste our time making up the bed.

OUr stewards always take great care of us and we take good care of them.

I would say our room would probably be "average" for a cruiser, not a holy mess, but not OCD clean either.

Maybe I'll make some pictures next time to show that lived in look. I usually only take pictures BEFORE we move in.

happy sails!

I just cannot stand clutter either home or in my cabin. It drives me nuts.

My DD 17..... Good God her room looks like two clothing stores exploded *LOL*

My DW and I have our own bathroom off our room, so she has pretty much taken over the upstairs bathroom. Good Lord the piles of makeup and lotions and whatnot. How you can even move around in there?

Her best friends Mom tells me her daughter is no better. *LOL*

The two girls claim they are going to get an aparment togeher when they go to college.

I can see them both now living like those old ladies in Grey Gardens *LOL*

Our cabin stays pretty clean when we are in it... my husband is in a wheelchair so clutter on the floor and such doesn't work....

Last cruise I had two 16 year old girls in a cabin by themselves and oh dear lord .... I went in there to shower one day and almost had a heart attack:eek:... I tipped their steward very well at the end of the cruise for what he had to deal with:rolleyes:

Ours looks Ok except for a few papers on the desk & our books. We put the suitcases under the bed & I start a garbage bag for the dirty clothes. The bathroom is neat but I do throw used towels on the floor so they bring me fresh ones.:D

The main thing I don't think we could go without a tub for a whole week for 3 yr old. Unless things change she HATES the shower. If all the pools are salt water then we are going to have to wash her after every swim.

How about a sponge bath in the shower? You would just need to pack a little basin or a collapsible canvas bucket.

I've only been on one cruise, but how is this for pathetic...after a couple of days I found the toilet brush and even started giving the toilet a little cleaning before we left the room! I'm just not used to having someone clean up after me! (I did let them make the beds and fold the toilet paper into that little point!)

I dare anybody to beat my BIL's cabin. I have posted several times on what a slob he and his 2 kids are. By the first evening, I always hand his steward an extra $20, as I am so embarrassed on how quickly they mess up a cabin. They are a "drop it and leave it" family. Unfortunately, his housekeeper doesn't travel with him, and he refuses to pick up after himself, or train his kids to do so, either. (they are now 8/9) He feels, and I quote "I am keeping someone employed by being a pig." And when they visit my family's cabin, I threaten their lives to keep things neat. (usually an impossible feat, as they drop their food all over my floor, leave wrappers on the floor, leave their clothing on my floor - you get the idea!) But I still love them, no matter how their clean-up habits make me cringe.

Crikeys!!!!

A stalker!!!!

:eek::eek:

Im not a stalker, but i did not know any other way to post something that you would read.

perhaps you should reread your reply to me on the other board and you wouldnt be saying huh???

Im not a stalker, but i did not know any other way to post something that you would read.

perhaps you should reread your reply to me on the other board and you wouldnt be saying huh???

Frankly, whatever it was it's soooo yesterday's news.

I rarely go back to dead horses.

As soon as we get our luggage, everything is unpacked and put away in the drawers or hung in closets. We take a folding "dirty clothes" hamper and when we take off something it goes in there. The cabin is always straightened up before we go out, if we had a vacuum, my wife would vacuum every day....... About the only thing the room steward has to do is make the bed and empty the trash....... & make towel animals.

Doug

G'ma- this has nothing to do with this post, but i hope that you will be checking back on it... i just posted on the smoking balcony post on the RCI board that has been closed because of all the fighting back and forth, i posted a very nice peacful post about simply trying to negotiate with your neighbors and to politely try to work things out that would be beneficial to all concerned and your reply of BUTT OUT was very rude, i do not know you or have ever exchanged information or ideas with you before, and im not sure why you felt the need to be so rude, it was not deserved as i was not attacking anyone with my comments.it was simply a suggestion as to how everyone can get along- Perhaps you had a bad day and that is not your normal attitude, i hope so.. good day. RED

I, over this past weekend, also received a very rude and nasty response from G'ma to a simple, legitimate question to which she had no knowledgeable answer. She simply grasped the opportunity to, once again, berate and chastise those of us using this board as an informational tool. I was informed in a response to my thread, that her negativity is nothing new on these boards. As another poster suggested, and G'ma herself endorsed, we should put her on our "ignore" list via this site. Perhaps, if all of us that are offended by her sharp "tongue" use this venue, she will be gone for good!

I, over this past weekend, also received a very rude and nasty response from G'ma to a simple, legitimate question to which she had no knowledgeable answer. She simply grasped the opportunity to, once again, berate and chastise those of us using this board as an informational tool. I was informed in a response to my thread, that her negativity is nothing new on these boards. As another poster suggested, and G'ma herself endorsed, we should put her on our "ignore" list via this site. Perhaps, if all of us that are offended by her sharp "tongue" use this venue, she will be gone for good!

Sadly i am reading more and more of similar opinions...but youre right we should all use the ignore feature.. but i have a feeling it wont help

I wouldn't put g'ma on ignore because I enjoy reading her comments. Often times I agree with her because she's right on the money, other times I'm surprised by how curt she comes across, but at least she's consistent and has strong views.

We, too, leave the room well-maintained.

That's why I have a cabin steward...to keep things tidy.

Not that we're un-tidy...we're actually quite civilized and orderly.

Our cabin looks like this at the beginning..

Cabin6207-243.jpg

...and at the end too.

...but you're right we should all use the ignore feature..

but i have a feeling it wont help

Oh don't say that! The Ignore feature works well.

I've had it deployed now for months on end. ;)

By far the greatest percentage of those on my Ignore list

are those ppl with overly-long and unduly ornate Signatures.

Plus a few annoyances,too of course..

I am not an organized person by nature, as my house attests, but I would feel badly about giving the stewards extra to do.

Also, by slipping the suitcases under the bed, and putting dirty clothes in them as we used them, packing was done very easily. Basically, we only had one suitcase and our carry-ons to fill, as the others were already full!

Archived