Do you need advice about Stockholm?

acjb

acjb

Boy you certainly opened up a big deal by volunteering to supply info. But, do we really appreciate it.

ON the HoHo boat or bus, can we pay for that when we board, do we need to have a ticket in advance and in what currency can we pay for it, say, on board. Can we use a Credit card, euro's US dollars or must it be in the local currancy??

We're in Stockholm on 30th July & are interested in visiting Drotthingholm Palace. I believe the boat departs from City Hall...do you know departure times? Is there a family ticket...boat & entrance combo we should purchase?

Thankyou

Can you recommend a good fish restaurant or 2? Casual place, middle level , or fine dining are all OK with us. A nice view/atmosphere is a plus. Thank you.

I don´t know any special fishrestaurant. But I know One with a very spectaculare view. It´s called "Gondolen".

http://www.eriks.se/start.asp?lang=2

I have not been there by myself so I don´t know if the food is good.

But it is very popular so It should maybe be!!

Thanks acjb for all information..

I plan use the HOHO boat where you can hop-on and hop-off at the various stops as often as you like...

I want visit Vasa Museum, Skansen museum, Tivoli Gröna Lund, Old town and Royal Palace.. do you believe I can see all these in 5-6 hours?

thanks..

The Vasa Museum, Skansen and Gröna Lund is very close to each other. 10 Minutes by walking. Then after Gröna lund you can take a 10 minutes long ride with ferry to old town so I think you can make it in 5-6 hours. But it depends how long time you spend on every place. My advice is to have more time for "Skansen" than for example the Vasamuseum.

Thanks for your reply. The HOHO boat sounds interesting. Have you heard any critique about it? Do you know if it takes you any place different than the HOHO buses? Thanks for the information and your help.

The boat take another route than the bus I think.

The only thing I can say about the Hop on hop off bus and boat is that it looks more fun to go by boat than be on a bus with headphones listening to some recorded voice.

acjb - Could you please tell me the best way to get from Gamla Stan area to the City Hall and how long it would take. And then from the City Hall to the Ice Bar in the Nordic Sea Hotel. And then from the hotel how long is it to get back to the port? Thanks for your help. Know what we want to see, just don't know how much time to figure to get around.

I think you should get a good map and take a walk :-).

Depending on where in Gamla (old) stan (town) you are, it should not take more than 15 minutes to the city hall. In other way, you can take bluebus number 3 for a 3-4 minutes ride.

From the cityhall to the Ice bar it is about 10 minutes walking distance. If you don´t want to walk, you can take a cab.

From the ice bar to the port is hard to answer, it depends witch port you departing from.

Hi!!

We are defining the details for next Cruise which will stop in Stockholm from August 17 (8am) to August 18 (2pm).

We already got a Stockholm Card (24h) to use it for both sites fees and local transportation.

We should be at S167 Pier - Stadsgarden.

Based on our researches we developed the following plan:

1) We plan to walk to Gamla Stan: I can see we can reach it half an hour and it seems a nice walk; walking also to avoid to activate the Card too early to use it both days.

2) Then we could stay in Gamla sourrondings waiting for changing of the guard (maybe including city hall or Royal Palace)

3) After (aroung 1pm or as soon after the changing of the guard)) we'll move to Skansen by bus #47 (I can see ferry from Slussen is not included in the card) We prefer start with Skansen due to the fact it's a "open-sky" attraction and most of it close at 5pm and I think it coulb be nice to spend a long time here

4) if we have time (I suppose yes) we'll go to Vaasa which closes ad 6pm

5) then back to the centre/ship; not sure if we have time to take the historical canal tour at 6.30pm.

6) any suggestions for the evening? We'll have a dinner on the ship but after we'd like to spend the evening in the town of course, maybe I suppose Gamla is the right place?

7) the second day we'll go back to Gamla (by bus) and take the canal tour at 10.30am (if we missed the day before) and visiting City Hall and Royal Palace. I think we'd have enough time to be back to the ship at 1pm.

8) in case we cannot visit Vaasa the 1st day, we'll anticipate canal tour the 1st day and visit Vaasa the second.

Any advices?

1. Thats right. It should not take more than 30 minutes.

3. Skansen is opened until 10 pm, but you are right a lot of the houses closes at 5 pm.

6. You can find a nice and cosy bar in Gamla stan.I recomend it if it is nice weather. Its between the ferrys to "Djurgården" and the castle. You have there a nice view to the water and your ship. I dont remember what its called, but if its nice weather you can take a walk in gamla stan at the waterside on the shipside. You will not miss it.

7. If you do the canal tour the second day, i don´t think you have enough time for booth the city hall and the castle.

Edited by acjb

Hi, I want to purchase a travelcard before boarding bus 76 in Frihamnen. Do you know if there is somewhere nearby where I can purchase one? Thanks.

I don´t know if it is any place you can buy a travelcard there. If not you have to buy a single ticket in a machine at the bus stop, and then in the city buy a travelcard. You can not buy tickets on the bus.

We're in Stockholm on 30th July & are interested in visiting Drotthingholm Palace. I believe the boat departs from City Hall...do you know departure times? Is there a family ticket...boat & entrance combo we should purchase?

Thankyou

I think this is a very nice tour.

Here is all your answers :-)

http://www.stromma.se/en/Skargard/Stromma-Kanalbolaget/Day-cruises/Drottningholm/

Don´t miss to talk a walk in the beautiful garden at Drottningholm palace.

acjb

Boy you certainly opened up a big deal by volunteering to supply info. But, do we really appreciate it.

ON the HoHo boat or bus, can we pay for that when we board, do we need to have a ticket in advance and in what currency can we pay for it, say, on board. Can we use a Credit card, euro's US dollars or must it be in the local currancy??

Hello.

I answered a simular question earalier on this topic.

I think you will find it. It was a internet link. Good luck.

The Vasa Museum, Skansen and Gröna Lund is very close to each other. 10 Minutes by walking. Then after Gröna lund you can take a 10 minutes long ride with ferry to old town so I think you can make it in 5-6 hours. But it depends how long time you spend on every place. My advice is to have more time for "Skansen" than for example the Vasamuseum.

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the "bombardment" of questions

Can you typically walk up and get tickets to a Hammarby Fotbol match at the Soderstadion? Or do we need to purchase the tickets in advance?

We are going to be in Stockholm on July 20th and are considering going to the game.

Thanks for your help.

Aunt DD

I will be in Stockholm from 10am to 5pm on the Emerald Princess. I would like to see the Gamla Stan, Skansen, and the Vasa Museum. Is it realistic to see all these sites? If so, what would be the best transportation. Also do we need Kronas?

I appreciate your help

Alphie

I think you should get a good map and take a walk :-).

Depending on where in Gamla (old) stan (town) you are, it should not take more than 15 minutes to the city hall. In other way, you can take bluebus number 3 for a 3-4 minutes ride.

From the cityhall to the Ice bar it is about 10 minutes walking distance. If you don´t want to walk, you can take a cab.

From the ice bar to the port is hard to answer, it depends witch port you departing from.

acjb - Thanks for the great and helpful info. I believe we will be docked at Frihamnen. Do you know about how long it will take to get back there from the Ice Bar? Is it walkable or should we take a cab?

Can you typically walk up and get tickets to a Hammarby Fotbol match at the Soderstadion? Or do we need to purchase the tickets in advance?

We are going to be in Stockholm on July 20th and are considering going to the game.

Thanks for your help.

Aunt DD

It is not so often it is sold out, but if you are unlucky it will be.

Here you can buy ticket to be shure to get the tickets.

http://www.ticnet.se/html/browse.htmI?l=EN&cat=96&siteCat=2

I will be in Stockholm from 10am to 5pm on the Emerald Princess. I would like to see the Gamla Stan, Skansen, and the Vasa Museum. Is it realistic to see all these sites? If so, what would be the best transportation. Also do we need Kronas?

I appreciate your help

Alphie

If you arrive at "Stadsgårdskajen" with the ship ( I have seen Emerald Princess there a lot of times this summer) you can take the hop on hop off boat from there to "Djurgården". Djurgården is an island there you find booth Vasa Museum and Skansen. It is only about a 10 minutes walk between them. After that you can take the hop on hop off boat to Gamla Stan and then back to the ship. Plan more time for Skansen than for Vasamusem is my advice. It is realistic to see this 3 things in one day, but it depends how much time you will spend on every place.

I think The boatticket for one day cost about 10 euro. But I´m not shure.

It could be good to have some swedish money with you. In a lot of places you can pay with credit card, but some money is good to have.

acjb - Thanks for the great and helpful info. I believe we will be docked at Frihamnen. Do you know about how long it will take to get back there from the Ice Bar? Is it walkable or should we take a cab?

From the icebar, I think it is about a one hour walk, but it is not so easy to find the way to Frihamnen if you dont know the town.

You can ask someone after bluebus number 1. It have a bus stop not so very far away from the icebar. It have a stop at Frihamnen.

If you don´t want to go with bus, I recomend you to take a cab. But be awake. Some drivers like to take to much money. I recomend

"Taxi Stockholm", "Taxi Kurir" or "Taxi 020" they are the biggest and most serious taxi companies in Stockholm.

I hope that you all understand me even when my english are not absolutely perfect.

I have had no problems understanding you (and you'll note that I'm not trying to talk in Swedish!). Thank you for starting this thread. I'm not going until next summer, but if I start reading now, I'll hopefully have a plan by then! :D

I don't know at which port the NCL Jewel docks. Do you? If so, how do we get to the HOHO boat?

Lynda

If NCL Jewel docks at Stadsgårdskajen, you have the ho ho boat just a couple o minutes away. If you arrive to Frihamnen, It´s best to go with bus from there into the town and in the town take the hop on hop off boat.

To witch port NCL Jewel arrrive, it depends on whitch date you comming.

http://www.stockholmshamn.se/evant.htm here you can look after the ship and whitch port you comming to.

If NCL Jewel docks at Stadsgårdskajen, you have the ho ho boat just a couple o minutes away. If you arrive to Frihamnen, It´s best to go with bus from there into the town and in the town take the hop on hop off boat.

To witch port NCL Jewel arrrive, it depends on whitch date you comming.

http://www.stockholmshamn.se/evant.htm here you can look after the ship and whitch port you comming to.

The Jewel will dock at Frihamnen on Aug. 11. Is the bus to town close by? Where do we purchase bus tickets? Where do we get off to get on the HOHO boat?

Also I think you recommended going to an island in the archipelago (Vauxhall). Where do you get that transportation?

This will be our second time in Stockholm. We loved your city!

Thanks for your help.

Lynda