Tea and coffee service ensuite??

Hot Water Kettle with French Press.

Assorted Tea Bags included as well.

Not sure what type of coffee is provided. I am assuming Seatle's Best. Hopefully someone with first hand information can post. I won't have firsthand knowledge until Saturday ;-)

Can anyone tell me exactly what 'Tea and coffee service ensuite' includes? Is it a frenchpress type of thing or just a hot water kettle with instant coffee?

Thanks in advance... Lori

If you are in a Junior Suite there is a kettle and tea bags. Grand and Owners Suites also have a french press and Seattle's Best coffee, regular and decaf.

I don't get it. On their web site it says coffee/tea service in the Junior Suites. So how come there isn't a french press and coffee in the JS along with the kettle and tea bags?

I'll be in a JS in Oct. and plan to ask the room steward for a french press. I'll bring my coffee from home. Hope that works. The french press is really nice and makes great coffee. Had one in a RFS last year and enjoyed making coffee whenever we wanted.

Hot Water Kettle with French Press.

Assorted Tea Bags included as well.

Not sure what type of coffee is provided. I am assuming Seatle's Best. Hopefully someone with first hand information can post. I won't have firsthand knowledge until Saturday ;-)

Thanks for the info. I will be excited to hear about your trip when you get home. We will have our first JS ( & 1st Hump) onthe Mariner next month and I am hoping for the French Press....

Will you be in a JS or higher?

I don't get it. On their web site it says coffee/tea service in the Junior Suites. So how come there isn't a french press and coffee in the JS along with the kettle and tea bags?

I'll be in a JS in Oct. and plan to ask the room steward for a french press. I'll bring my coffee from home. Hope that works. The french press is really nice and makes great coffee. Had one in a RFS last year and enjoyed making coffee whenever we wanted.

I agree with you. It states on the web site Tea & Coffee ensuite. in the JS....:confused:

Because it's in your cabin 24/7 and you can make it when you feel like it and not have to dial room service and wait.

So.... It is listed as a JS perk, but it is not available in the JS??? At least not on the Mariner.

Oh well, I guess I will continue to do room service for our coffee. I just thought it might be kind of neat to try out the french press.

It won't spoil my trip one way or the other, but they should change the web site if for no other reason than to stop making the room attendents explain that they are not available to JS. :eek:

I was in a JS on Mariner in April and my cabin attendant told me that only the GS and higher get the french press. Why it says on the website that JS do is anybody's guess.:rolleyes:

It isn't the first time that the brochures and even the website has contained misinformation. RCI really needs to hire better proofreaders to find and eliminate many of the errors which their printed material contains and someone needs to be more careful about verifying the accuracy of what appears on their website. That said, some of the errors are really not of earthshaking importance and we need to recognize that they, like the rest of us, are not perfect. I think that most of us would agree that regardless of what is indicated on the RCI website, the problem of the lack of a French Press in a Junior suite ought not to be elevated to a level higher than it deserves.

So.... It is listed as a JS perk, but it is not available in the JS??? At least not on the Mariner.

Oh well, I guess I will continue to do room service for our coffee. I just thought it might be kind of neat to try out the french press.

It won't spoil my trip one way or the other, but they should change the web site if for no other reason than to stop making the room attendents explain that they are not available to JS. :eek:

We had it on our Radiance b2b this past April. All the JS cabins had the electric tea kettle with various teas. I was told that this new service in JS cabins was just implemented in March of this year.

LOL. So the privilege of being able to make your own :D

Yep, and you can get packets of hot chocolate and have that if you are not a coffee or tea drinker. Just remember to pack a few marshmallows when you leave home.:p

I ended up bringing my own French Press and coffee. It was a bit messy to clean up; I threw the used grounds in a ziploc baggie.

When I had a GS on Vision, our steward(ess) took care of cleaning it. In the JS on Mariner, that was my job...since it was my pot.:p

I have seen a new kind of mug that you can make coffee in. It has a drip cone on top. I am thinking about trying it next time.

Even though I do order coffee from room service, it is still nice to make a pot whenever I want a cup or two.

We have enjoyed the French Press style coffee and tea maker since it was first introduced to us.....in the RS on the Monarch of the Seas....several years ago.

They installed it while we were on a 4 night cruise out of LA.......and wanted to know our thoughts.

It's wonderful.......as my wife drinks coffee.........and I drink tea. I can make her coffee in the French Press.....then boil water and make my tea, and never have the coffee taste that comes when the ship brings me hot water in a coffee container..........that is just aweful to me....taste wise.

We have been spoiled with Royal Caribbeans suite service......in more ways than this!:)

Rick

I am now confused. Are you saying there is a kettle in JS cabins or is it just the coffee press that is in doubt?

We had a JS last year on Navigator Med cruise and we had nothing to make tea or coffee with.

We are in the same JS in September on Voyager. Will we be getting a kettle? Is this something new?

It would be nice to know beforehand and we will bring our own coffee.

Today I'm going to call RCI and ask about the coffee/tea in JS question. Maybe I'll call 3 times just to see if I get 3 different answers:D! I'll call Crown and Anchor too.

I'll let you know what answers I get.

JS now has tea kettle but NO Coffee Press.

The Kettle in the JS is newly implemented across the fleet - I think it was added early this year.

To score a coffee press you have to stay in a GS or higher.

Again-COFFEE and tea service is listed as a JS perk on the web site. If there's no coffee then they need to change their information. It won't ruin my cruise and is not the end of the world but I hate it when the cruise line gives out wrong info on amenities in the rooms.

French press available for anyone's use on the April sailing of AOS!:D;)

Hubby and I probably won't use our french press in our OS, so if you are sailing with us, join our roll call and let me know if you want to use our french press! We'll just get room service in the morning!

(I guess I'll have to let our cabin steward know we're doing this huh? I'd hate to be charged for a missing french press!)

A bit off topic I know, but I've had to check out Wikipedia to work out what a 'French Press' is. It's been intriguing me for ages, anyway now I know, we refer to it as a 'cafetière' here in the UK!

A bit off topic I know, but I've had to check out Wikipedia to work out what a 'French Press' is. It's been intriguing me for ages, anyway now I know, we refer to it as a 'cafetière' here in the UK!

Thank you SO much for this....I was beginning to think I was stupid as I didn't know what a 'french press' was :confused:

Little did I know I actually have one in my kitchen...that will confuse my husband when I ask him if he would like his coffee made with the french press :D

Archived