Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

You need a video capture card, similar to a DVR or TiVO. If no one else beats me to it, I can do it when I get home tomorrow night.

This will be FUN!!!

Not necessary...just plain old computer + software (http://www.keepvid.com - can be used in demo mode without purchase). I've just used it and have the video sitting on my computer. I would upload it to a new uncensored page on YouTube, however, the wacko who filmed it might claim copyright/ownership and get YouTube to take it down.

If you want to download and repost it, go for it. Just takes the time of the video to capture, a minute to convert to wmv or other video format (or maybe YouTube lets you upload FLV format directly and then no conversion is needed), and then a little time to upload.

Howard

I must have been a REALLY bad girl cause I got three obnoxious emails from her, not to mention being publicly called worthless essentially. The woman on the video is bad enough, but this person is coming across as moronic since it seems she's fighting with herself and censoring everyone else. I agree, this video should go viral and watch her really flip her lid! :D

The saga continues. The women is a nincompoop! If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. :eek:

newcatintown, is this the one you mean....

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.

Yes, that is it. Me thinks the wisdom in this situation was nil.

LOL! I love it! Paybacks are going to be a B-I-O-T-C-H! BTW, I got a nasty e-mail too:

help center | e-mail options | report spam

dodgeyoyo22 has replied to your comment on Carnival Cruise Lines threatens passengers with detainment by federal & local authorities:

Their was no mutiny, and we wanted to be treated fairly with integrity and honesty. Not be lied too. Stay off my page you slut. Your humanity level is so disgusting, I don't need or want comments from the likes of you on MY PAGE. Don't like what you saw, no one forced you to watch so don't. END OF STORY!

As a male of the species, I think I should be offended at being called a slut. However, since this ship is an American vessel in her universe, maybe slut is a compliment :)

this woman should have been detained by security. first of all, the ship is registered in Panama and is not bound by u.s. laws. second, it was traveling in international waters and not bound to u.s. laws. third, maritime law states that the captain is responsible for all actions on his vessel at sea. fourth, the cruise contract states that the cruise line is allowed to change, alter, or cancel any port of call without notice. fifth, its not as if the passengers were confined to their cabins. they had two additional days at sea. i can see where it may have put a damper on the cruise, but by no means would it have ruined it.

this is just another venting by people who think that the world revolves around them. she is probably on the condo board also back home. i would hate to live under her rule.

I repeat - this moron gives morons a bad name. This loudmouthed %$%!)*$@%)_@! knows nothing and thinks she knows it all.

Read the contract, idiot. As I said before, we had Costa Maya cancelled, along with every other ship that day because seas were washing over the pier and the port authority closed the port. Oh well - get another DOD and relax. That's what vacations are for.

My respose actually didn't get dumped....it's still there and it was:

Wow, it's too bad that your cruise was ruined; I have loved our past Carnival cruises. However, it's a good thing they didn't act that way on an airplane forced to land at a different airport.....They would have been led off the plane in handcuffs.

Maybe now I'll go in "for the kill"!!:mad:

Looks like the author of this You Tube video is removing any comments that are not supporting their idiot "protest".

As someone posted on the other video link....guess the First Amendment only applies to people who agree with their actions.

What a bunch of losers....

Wow, it's too bad that your cruise was ruined; I have loved our past Carnival cruises. However, it's a good thing they didn't act that way on an airplane forced to land at a different airport.....They would have been led off the plane in handcuffs.

Please point her to the "Shadow" video! ;)

Looks like the author of this You Tube video is removing any comments that are not supporting their idiot "protest".

As someone posted on the other video link....guess the First Amendment only applies to people who agree with their actions.

What a bunch of losers....

Thats why the shadow video was created.

I can almost visualize her frantically e-mailing and calling the you-tube police asking for its removal.

Oh please........yeah I couldn't watch it all....but I watched the first half......you know....that's how long it took them to find someone to read with a voice. :p

I've always said if I was stuck on a ship for 7 days at sea I'd love it...well we got that with my 200+ group on Splendor in April.....no Mexican Ports but they took us to cold, wet San Fran :eek::D......but guess what?...we weren't working and we were on a cruise ship with friends and had a blast!:D

Cruises.......as is life......is what you make out of it....your choice.;)

Yes Randy,

And we have have put our 50% compensation towards another cruise ALASKA 7 September 2010,

Really excited Balcony 4219 and then about 3 weeks in Canada afterwards.

Would seriously look at Your Dream cruise but we are going to Puerto Vallarta 2 weeks, Ixtapa 1 week and Acapulco 1 week April/May 2010 -

4 weeks timeshare- booked about 18 months ago

Thank God most of the nutters on our cruise got our at Long Beach.

My husband and I would have a bigger beef than than loud mouth lady,

we flew all the way fRom New Zealand for our swine flu cruise- but hey some people just feed off anger-

in up dying young:mad:

I have read through this entire thread. I agree 100% that this was a horrible display. I also agree that Carnival is in no way to blame and the Captain was only doing his duty to his ship, crew and passengers. I also hope these people, especially that one woman, have sworn off Carnival forever so I won’t have to ever have them ruining a cruise of mine or anyone else again. I do, however, have a question.

Now, this is just a question, not a statement on what I think Carnival should have done or should do in the future. When this sort of thing happens, and by that I mean, when there is a very last minute itinerary change, does Carnival or any other line for that matter, ever do anything to make these kinds of things less jarring? I’m not talking about when they know a change will be made and they have time to inform people before they board. I’m talking about when it happens so late that people don’t find out about it until they get on the ship. I mean if passengers are informed before they get to the ship they have the option of rescheduling or getting used to the idea. But when it’s sprung on them I can see people getting emotional about it. NOT that it justifies what we have seen here by any means.

Does any cruise line give or do anything for the passengers to sort of cut this thing off before it escalates? I agree 100% that the line is not obligated to do anything extra and that the line and the Captain are 100% within their rights to make necessary changes. I was just curious if they ever throw a bone to the passengers like “we understand this is an unwelcome surprise and we apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused you. Please accept this complimentary ….whatever the ship/captain decide on…”. I don’t know, there is a very long thread on here about Carnival possibly cutting out the free drinks at the Captain’s party and many people are up in arms about that. Maybe they could give everyone a complimentary drink of their choice. Free booze seems to calm people down. I’m not sure if I even worded any of this in an understandable fashion.

Seems like such a little thing, I know and I’m sure there will be those that scream… “THEY EXPECT THAT THIS ONE STINKING BOTTLE OF BEER MAKES UP FOR MY ENTIRE RUINED CRUISE BECAUSE I MISSED MY 6 HOURS IN SAN JUAN!!!!!” It’s just so unfortunate when this kind of thing happens. It makes the whole line look bad and it’s not fair to anyone, especially the 3000 other people who were on that ship!

When this sort of thing happens, and by that I mean, when there is a very last minute itinerary change, does Carnival or any other line for that matter, ever do anything to make these kinds of things less jarring? I’m not talking about when they know a change will be made and they have time to inform people before they board. I’m talking about when it happens so late that people don’t find out about it until they get on the ship. I mean if passengers are informed before they get to the ship they have the option of rescheduling or getting used to the idea. But when it’s sprung on them I can see people getting emotional about it. NOT that it justifies what we have seen here by any means.

Does any cruise line give or do anything for the passengers to sort of cut this thing off before it escalates? I agree 100% that the line is not obligated to do anything extra and that the line and the Captain are 100% within their rights to make necessary changes. I was just curious if they ever throw a bone to the passengers like “we understand this is an unwelcome surprise and we apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused you. Please accept this complimentary ….whatever the ship/captain decide on…”. I don’t know, there is a very long thread on here about Carnival possibly cutting out the free drinks at the Captain’s party and many people are up in arms about that. Maybe they could give everyone a complimentary drink of their choice. Free booze seems to calm people down. I’m not sure if I even worded any of this in an understandable fashion.

Just hang around during Hurricane season. Year after year, I've read people posting like this was the first time this has happened to anyone (cancellations or changed ports), and they're going to ........"<FILL IN THE BLANK>"

Even after being told ports are not guaranteed, the ire raises and raises, yet they eventually go away.

It's not the first time this has happened to anyone.

And it's not like you NEVER read a token here or there, but if they did that every time, it's US that pays for that.

A cruise that starts and ends in the same place is not TRANSPORTATION. You are simply paying to be ON BOARD "X" number of days. Anything you would do at a port is extra, at your own expense.

In the Swine Flu "scare", it was the first time I saw options being given out pre cruise, albeit with deadlines.

Don't bother. In spite of all her spouting about the 1st amendment she has now changed the YouTube settings so that she has to approve all comment before they are posted, and you know that if you disagree the comments will not be there.

On our swine flu cruise 26 April - 3rd May we had flown in a day late from New Zealand due to Qantas mechanical failure.

We didn't even know swine flu existed until half way to Mexico.

It Cost us $5700 for our airfares,

We tried to get compensation for the difference after the 50% we got from Carnival for another cruise from our insurance for but were told we had a cruise and we had flown on the plane. The fact we didn't go to Mexico cut no ice. And therefore insurance was of No Use.

To use carnivals 50% offer we will probably have to spend another $5000 on airfares.

We also had a second cruise booked on Carnival Paradise to Baja -

when we found out we would only go to Catalina we cancelled and got Most of our money back in form of a credit-

we went to Santa Barbara instead.

Still have to fly to USA to use it (the credit) but we have combined the two for an Alaskan cruise 7 Sept 2010

It is good to be given an option to cancel because at least then you have a choice.

For cruises to Places in hurricane season and places known to have unrest I think you have to be philisophical.If you know this when you book then you have to live with the outcome of ant itinerary changes.

Archived