Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

Just be careful you two.. I think.. THINK youtube has rules about 'copyrights and ownership' of digital material...;)

Just be careful about how much you bother this lady.. and really is she worth it??

Just saying!!

Nobody is harassing anyone. Period. Everything is based on fact.

Furthermore, simply copying a video and reposting doesn't mean you are committing copyright infringement either. Perhaps if she ran to the youtube police they MIGHT pull it. Who knows? But, so what. My guess is either by the time that happens the hype will be over anyway and we are messing around with a newer and exciting topic anyway.

And for those of you who just cant get enough, there's now a 4 part series... Sigh/LOL

I love their logic.

"We paid for 4 ports, and got 2, so we are due 50% back"

BWA HA HA! :D

I have read through this entire thread. I agree 100% that this was a horrible display. I also agree that Carnival is in no way to blame and the Captain was only doing his duty to his ship, crew and passengers. I also hope these people, especially that one woman, have sworn off Carnival forever so I won’t have to ever have them ruining a cruise of mine or anyone else again. I do, however, have a question.

Now, this is just a question, not a statement on what I think Carnival should have done or should do in the future. When this sort of thing happens, and by that I mean, when there is a very last minute itinerary change, does Carnival or any other line for that matter, ever do anything to make these kinds of things less jarring? I’m not talking about when they know a change will be made and they have time to inform people before they board. I’m talking about when it happens so late that people don’t find out about it until they get on the ship. I mean if passengers are informed before they get to the ship they have the option of rescheduling or getting used to the idea. But when it’s sprung on them I can see people getting emotional about it. NOT that it justifies what we have seen here by any means.

Does any cruise line give or do anything for the passengers to sort of cut this thing off before it escalates? I agree 100% that the line is not obligated to do anything extra and that the line and the Captain are 100% within their rights to make necessary changes. I was just curious if they ever throw a bone to the passengers like “we understand this is an unwelcome surprise and we apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused you. Please accept this complimentary ….whatever the ship/captain decide on…”. I don’t know, there is a very long thread on here about Carnival possibly cutting out the free drinks at the Captain’s party and many people are up in arms about that. Maybe they could give everyone a complimentary drink of their choice. Free booze seems to calm people down. I’m not sure if I even worded any of this in an understandable fashion.

Seems like such a little thing, I know and I’m sure there will be those that scream… “THEY EXPECT THAT THIS ONE STINKING BOTTLE OF BEER MAKES UP FOR MY ENTIRE RUINED CRUISE BECAUSE I MISSED MY 6 HOURS IN SAN JUAN!!!!!” It’s just so unfortunate when this kind of thing happens. It makes the whole line look bad and it’s not fair to anyone, especially the 3000 other people who were on that ship!

I was on Royal Caribbean once and we departed late because of a porters stike...nothing with the cruise line...but the next night there was a letter in our room with a postcard of the boat and a plate of fruit and chocolate to apologize....it was very nice of them espically since it wasnt their fault!

She called me a dumb slut - then threatened to "report" me to Youtube. Too funny...

The psychoanalytic term for it is "projection"...that is why she called you a dumb slut.

Just google for the wackos id and check out the casualencounters link.

Howard

And for those of you who just cant get enough, there's now a 4 part series... Sigh/LOL

Oh my goodness.

I take back what I said in my last post here. This thread has not yet peaked. LOL! Looks like we are now entertained with Cruising Idiocy-The Miniseries now. :D

The loud mouth lady asks, "What are we supposed to with a lousy $20?"

Answer: 10 dollars on the pass line and another ten on the Yo Eleven!

Come on SEVEN/ELEVEN!!!!!! :D

I was going to suggest perhaps some "touch up" for those roots! :eek:

I placed on her site... "Read your contract! Idiots..."

This is what she sent to me:

Only a true idiot would act like an d!@# on someone else page... paint it any color you want, you are just as guilty of being an idiot as the people you are calling that. STAY OFF MY PAGE. THANK YOU!

And this is what I sent to her:

Only a true nutcase will send me an email about a response on a PUBLIC site where freedom of speech is welcome since we live in America.

Please stay away from Carnival...I don't want you ruining my cruise.

And stay away from me. :)

This is in response to your email that you sent to me. Now please don't let me have you banned for harrassment....

You shouldn't place a video on a Public site that allows responses..... You can dish out the heat but can't take it... SAD!

I will place this on the cruise website where we are discussing this....should be an interesting discussion.....

It really is funny... I have never gotten an email like that on YouTube... (I haven't been on there long though...but still)

Actually the First Amendment does not apply to her page/site nor does it apply to Carnival cruise lines as both are private property and both can censor your speech or disallow you to assemble. So she does have the right to censor comments on her Youtube page. However that still does not make her right or those who were pro-testing en-masse correctly. Also if anyone tried to challenge charges on their credit cards they are possibly committing fraud as their contract with Carnival was clear. Besides if you were truly upset take it up with Carnival on a one-on-one basis as you would with any company you have a disagreement with just as you would if you had a problem with any other company as a customer.

I was on Royal Caribbean once and we departed late because of a porters stike...nothing with the cruise line...but the next night there was a letter in our room with a postcard of the boat and a plate of fruit and chocolate to apologize....it was very nice of them espically since it wasnt their fault!

You see, that's what I've been trying to say. That postcard fruit and chocolate really can't have cost that much and it probably soothed a lot of emotions. Of course there will be those who will think it's inadequate and demand more but it was a nice touch and sometimes a little thing makes a big difference.

You see, that's what I've been trying to say. That postcard fruit and chocolate really can't have cost that much and it probably soothed a lot of emotions. Of course there will be those who will think it's inadequate and demand more but it was a nice touch and sometimes a little thing makes a big difference.

For a fare sometimes $1000 more for the same cruise on Carnival, they should also feed me my fruit and chocolate while fanning me.

Even if I don't miss a port. :D

I was going to suggest perhaps some "touch up" for those roots! :eek:

Yeah. LOL!

From the looks of some of those folks, and considering there was a lot of drinking going on, I imagine a lot of this went on during the cruise. HAHA!

:D:D

I could not for the life of me...figure out why this thread was still going on until I saw the added video's.

What an absolute waste of energy time and space when it comes to vacation time... what in the hell would possess these people to gather rant an rave like a lynch mob (over they're safety) which anyone of any intelligence knows that he (the captain) is responsible for.

I don't know about most of you but I work extremely hard and find it difficult (in my business) just to be able to take any time off but I know when I do......I'm on frigging vacation, sh*t happens--ports are missed, you leave late, you get there early.....So What!........

Sit your ass on a bar stool grab a corona, lite a butt and enjoy that Lil' bit of valuable time you have....because tomorrow ....you're back in work!:cool:

Nobody is harassing anyone. Period. Everything is based on fact.

Furthermore, simply copying a video and reposting doesn't mean you are committing copyright infringement either. Perhaps if she ran to the youtube police they MIGHT pull it. Who knows? But, so what. My guess is either by the time that happens the hype will be over anyway and we are messing around with a newer and exciting topic anyway.

You might need to consult an intellectual property attorney before you make such claims, one who is good at defending people, because copying and reposting her video is copyright infringement.

Archived