Hole In the Floor?

SeaBlue1978

I know that a LOT of people did not like the hole in the floor on the M Class ships. I am not sure why. DH and I enjoyed the fact that we could sit in the Martini Bar or Champagne Bar, in the evenings and listen to the dance band play.

On the Solstice Class ship is there any live music to be heard while in these locations?

If not do you have any suggestions for where we could have a before dinner drink and hear live music on the Solstice/Equinox?

Thank you!!!!

I know that a LOT of people did not like the hole in the floor on the M Class ships. I am not sure why. DH and I enjoyed the fact that we could sit in the Martini Bar or Champagne Bar, in the evenings and listen to the dance band play.

On the Solstice Class ship is there any live music to be heard while in these locations?

If not do you have any suggestions for where we could have a before dinner drink and hear live music on the Solstice/Equinox?

Thank you!!!!

We sailed on Solstice for three weeks and found that the music is targets Jazz lovers. If you are happy with that you'll appreciate the ships. We have decided to stick to to M-Class ships, including Infinity which has closed the "hole".

For those who like dancing or listening to dance music there are more options on Celebrity's other ships.

We sailed on Solstice for three weeks and found that the music is targets Jazz lovers. If you are happy with that you'll appreciate the ships. We have decided to stick to to M-Class ships, including Infinity which has closed the "hole".

For those who like dancing or listening to dance music there are more options on Celebrity's other ships.

We are about to visit the Equinox before it commences its sailings and hoped to see what "dancing" opportunities ( in the flesh) are offered. Reading your response ... we wish we had asked you for more details personally as we sailed the same cruise with you in the Caribbean in March...recognised you from your former avatar........ looks like Solstice class won't be a viable option for us if there is no equivalent to the Rendezvous lounge / type music. Jazz is not appropriate for dancing really.

It seems a pity to bring on a new class and not provide what they have successfully offered on their older vessels.

We really like M class so it won't be hard to continue booking that class anyway so we won't be all that disappointed.

We are about to visit the Equinox before it commences its sailings and hoped to see what "dancing" opportunities ( in the flesh) are offered.

I didn't know Celebrity promoted dancing naked "in the flesh". :eek::D:eek: I must have missed that (probably a good thing too). At least I understand the abbreviation 'X' now. :D

I didn't know Celebrity promoted dancing naked "in the flesh". :eek::D:eek: I must have missed that (probably a good thing too). At least I understand the abbreviation 'X' now. :D

Spirits Dancing in the Flesh was the last Santana album recorded for Columbia, and was seen as a "guitar rock" album compared to previous recordings. It only reached eighty-five in the Billboard Top 200.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirits_Dancing_in_the_Flesh

Are you just irritated by my posts Woodofpine ?... or do you just simply feel attracted to my posts and have to read EVERYTHING I write ?

I agree it was perhaps the wrong choice of words to describe what I meant...but it is self explanatory nonetheless as long as you don't take it literally!

Are you just irritated by my posts Woodofpine ?... or do you just simply feel attracted to my posts and have to read EVERYTHING I write ?

I agree it was perhaps the wrong choice of words to describe what I meant...but it is self explanatory nonetheless as long as you don't take it literally!

I think it was a joke. At least I had a giggle snort over coffee this morning - especially the 'X' comment. :D;)

woodofpine

Quote:

I didn't know Celebrity promoted dancing naked "in the flesh". I must have missed that (probably a good thing too). At least I understand the abbreviation 'X' now.

The March 14th sailing of Constellation 2010 is the clothing optional cruise.

http://www.eturbonews.com/2380/five-stars-now-a-bare-necessity

http://www.bare-necessities.com/hawaii_main.html

Whatever "floats your boat"

Lucky... White Heather? Never kiss and tell... Relax... I just get a rise out your posts. Makes me... Woodofhickory! ;):D;) How's your bagel?

I wondered how you came by your post name? It obviously has no instant recognition of what it means ( well for me anyway) unlike some of the names on these boards....what am I missing here?

See...I don't get the "wood of hickory "either except that our son won the hickory golf "thing" at his club... I got the message there...type of early golf club made of hickory wood...apart from that, what's the significance? More flexible than pine? BTW I don't go for bagels..I'm stuck on croissants.

. we wish we had asked you for more details personally as we sailed the same cruise with you in the Caribbean in March...

If you wish to email me directly:

I can be reached through XatSea @ gmail . com (without the spaces)

If you wish to email me directly:

I can be reached through XatSea @ gmail . com (without the spaces)

Thanks for that...will be in touch..we are aboard the naming ceremony pre- inaugural of Equinox 29th July/ 31st July..and from the deck plans nothing looked ( to me anyway) to be the equivalent of Rendezvous on M class and C class ships ....so we were reluctant to book Solstice class until we see what is actually offered.

Therefore we were very pleased to receive the invitation to be aboard the ship without booking a cruise in due course but info from someone who has already been dancing on this type ship is the best info you can get !

The main reason was that you could hear the Karaoke. Dance band music or jazz is nice, another strangled rendition of "New York, New York" isn't:eek:

Phil

Oh, come on, Phil! You don't wanna miss Aunt Nel from Connecticutt's version of

"I Will Survive", do you???;)

I wondered how you came by your post name? It obviously has no instant recognition of what it means ( well for me anyway) unlike some of the names on these boards....what am I missing here?

See...I don't get the "wood of hickory "either except that our son won the hickory golf "thing" at his club... I got the message there...type of early golf club made of hickory wood...apart from that, what's the significance? More flexible than pine? BTW I don't go for bagels..I'm stuck on croissants.

Lucky White Heather... One of these days I'm going to butter your croissants! What sort of jam is your preference?

Flexibility, I don't know about; but hickory is certainly harder than pine. As for the name... like your son's golf "thing", "woodofpine" was someone's animal thing... actually "woodofpinelauro" AQHA Overall World Champion... decades ago. AQHA is the American Quarter Horse Association. Historically, it's the equine breed that raced 1/4 mile sprints, tamed the west, rodeo workhorse, etc. over here. I don't know how the moniker stuck - but it did. I told you mine - say again, what about Lucky White Heather?

So, whereabouts Edinborough are you? north-south-east-west (Much east would make you a swimmer!)

Lucky White Heather... One of these days I'm going to butter your croissants! What sort of jam is your preference?

Flexibility, I don't know about; but hickory is certainly harder than pine. As for the name... like your son's golf "thing", "woodofpine" was someone's animal thing... actually "woodofpinelauro" AQHA Overall World Champion... decades ago. AQHA is the American Quarter Horse Association. Historically, it's the equine breed that raced 1/4 mile sprints, tamed the west, rodeo workhorse, etc. over here. I don't know how the moniker stuck - but it did. I told you mine - say again, what about Lucky White Heather?

So, whereabouts Edinborough are you? north-south-east-west (Much east would make you a swimmer!)

Thanks for that info...now I appreciate the name.

As far as LWH is concerned..if you know anything about Scotland at all , you'll know already they talk about the heather that grows all over the highlands...the purple variety.

In Ireland... if you find a 4 leaved clover instead of a 3 leaved one you consider that to be lucky...Scotland has the same thing with heather... white heather is supposed to be more rare, so if you find any you are termed "lucky".

We live 10 miles south of the capital city...which is why I was absolutely honest when I said "near" Edinburgh..note the correct spelling please!

We love the hold in the martini bar floor on the M Class ships. Didn't know people didn't like them.

What would one do for music/entertainment while in the Martini bar if the hole is closed up?

Hi Anne Maria

They have another band on Infinity just for the Martini crowd..

Archived