10:10 AM return home flight...Allegiant Air

helovesyou

Me and my step-mom are booked on the Carnival Freedom 11/07/09 out of FLL. The ship returns the following sunday at 8:00am. Allegiant Air's return flight leaves out at 10:10 am. I have a feeling I'm cutting it too close. Would this be possible or do I need to allow for more time?

I also have another question. I've been looking at Delta flights priced at $270.40 total PP R/T. Is this a good price or should I be waiting a little closer to November?

I don't travel alot so I'm not up to speed on airline pricing. Thanks for your replies:-)

-Karen

I would think 10h10 is a little early for my comfort. I have been once had the panic of juggling an award air booking at sea because we were 8 hours late coming into Norfolk (and knew it from about halfway from San Juan -- we did a straight sail north into very heavy seas on the Maasdam a coupla years back). November is the tail end of hurricane season. Who knows what port diversions your itin might incur. You have left yourself very little buffer, IMHO. That said, if you are a Vegas girl, Port Everglades is very organized in turning ships around, and the airport is minutes away.

As for your Delta flights, you've neglected to mention your origin, but for kicks and giggles let's assume it's somewhere in Tennessee? 270$ all-in seems pretty reasonable to me. I've posted this before, but with (a) oil prices seemingly climbing, (b) capacity reductions in the industry and © demand increasing as we come out of the recession later this year, I personally only see prices going up.

There are fare tools (see the sticky above) that can give you some idea for the historical pricing on the route you are looking to purchase.

Enjoy your cruise!

Scott.

Can you make it? Yes. Do you eed everything go go perfectly? Yes. Are you likely to be looking for another flight? Yes.

We got to For Lauderdale on the Pacific Princess. We were due in at 7am. The first people got off about 10 minutes to 8. Add an hour and you are cutting it real close. If you are slow getting off (I assume you will carry your bags), you will miss it. If you have trouble finding you car service (again you must have a car waiting),you will miss it. Traffic problems on the way to the airport? Lines to check in or get thru security? again you will miss your flight.

In my experience, two hours time from ship to 757 is too little. Though US Airways and Delta have cut back at FLL a bit over the last couple of years, Fort Lauderdale is still an overcrowded airport for its size, and you are likely to run into congestion trouble at that time of the morning (although I don't believe Allegiant Air is HUGE at FLL).

Still, you would probably be safer to go ahead with the Delta flight if it gives you more time to spare. 270 isn't a bad fare out of FLL, which can really get up there. My philosophy with booking flights centers around booking the instant I feel comfortable paying a certain amount- and if it goes down, tough loss.

Good luck with your flights, and have a great cruise with your Stepmom!

Allegiant has ONE flight on that Sunday....and if you miss it, the next Allegiant flight is on Thursday. Do you want to risk waiting 4 days (at least) to get out of town? Or to pay walk-up fare on another airline? Further, the 4 day wait is if there's availability AND Allegiant allows you to travel even if you miss your regular flight (I haven't read their CoC for specifics on missed flights).

Penny wise, pound foolish, IMO.

Allegiant has ONE flight on that Sunday....and if you miss it, the next Allegiant flight is on Thursday. Do you want to risk waiting 4 days (at least) to get out of town? Or to pay walk-up fare on another airline? Further, the 4 day wait is if there's availability AND Allegiant allows you to travel even if you miss your regular flight (I haven't read their CoC for specifics on missed flights).

Penny wise, pound foolish, IMO.

I believe 11/7 is a Saturday.

Scott, if your ship really gets in at 8:00 AM you will not make a flight that early as the ship needs to be cleared along with the passengers. If that is the only flight, then I would select another airline.

Keith

I believe 11/7 is a Saturday.

Which is the cruise departure date. Note this from the original post:

Me and my step-mom are booked on the Carnival Freedom 11/07/09 out of FLL. The ship returns the following sunday at 8:00am.

Thus, Allegiant's single flight on Sunday is the operative issue.

Ship arrives at 8am and 3000 of your friends are trying to get off the ship at the same time and you need to be at the airport at 9am if you want your luggage to make the flight plus 500 people at security trying to get through the gates with you. 90% chance you wont make a 10:10am flight. Pick a flight after 12noon to be safe.

Thank you so much for your replies. I think I will just go with Delta and forgo all the stress. Delta is still at $228 +tax so I'll go ahead and book it. I appreciate all the replies. You've been very helpful.

-Karen

Archived