The Definitive Shareholder Benefit Thread - Read This First!

VibeGuy

I bought my stock yesterday, my husband faxed in the required paperwork. I asked for an e-mail confirmation & WOW!!!! barely a few hours after it was sent this morning- it was POSTED!!

KUDOS to Princess!!

Bernadette

Liza McDaniel is a gem and I hope she knows how much we appreciate her.

Ok - we are in. Just bought 100 shares at $32.35 - getting ready to fax the info to Princess for our July 21st cruise....yeah!!!

I used Ing Direct Sharebuilders and did it all online...pretty easy....I figure with just the cruises we have booked so far (3) we will be getting $600 OBC in uner 2 years - great return on the investment.

Thanks all - let the cruising begin.

Dolores

Congrats Dolores and welcome to the CCL family. :D

Thanks to everyone for all the good advice and information. Wish we had known this info earlier as we will be sailing the Panama Canal for our 10th cruise on Princess in November. We are now in the process of purchasing the 100 shares, more cruise credit for the Canal.

Think of all the lost credits............but on the bright side will add $100 to the $100 FCC along with the Princess rewards credit of we hope $500 by the time we sail.

Thanks to everyone for all the good advice and information. Wish we had known this info earlier as we will be sailing the Panama Canal for our 10th cruise on Princess in November. We are now in the process of purchasing the 100 shares, more cruise credit for the Canal.

Think of all the lost credits............but on the bright side will add $100 to the $100 FCC along with the Princess rewards credit of we hope $500 by the time we sail.

Don't worry about what might have been. Just look forward to what will be.

Ok - I know you are not supposed to watch stock everyday...but it is all over the news that the market dropped ovr 200 points today....wish I would have waited to buy my CCL stock today instead of last week:(

I know - still getting the $100 OBC in July - so that is a bonus...just venting:o

And you'll get $250 in February and another $250 in fall of '11. That more than makes up your shortfall. Stop looking at the stock; doesn't mean a thing now. You own 100 shares; you reap the OBC.

Ok - I know you are not supposed to watch stock everyday...but it is all over the news that the market dropped ovr 200 points today....wish I would have waited to buy my CCL stock today instead of last week:(

And it could have just as easily gone up. If it keeps going down, we'll consider it a sale, and buy more!

Ok - heading back up a bit today.....so with my OBC for my cruise in 2 weeks, I am at least even with my purchase price.....

I know - I will try to stop looking at the prices, but it keeps calling me:o

Ok - heading back up a bit today.....so with my OBC for my cruise in 2 weeks, I am at least even with my purchase price.....

I know - I will try to stop looking at the prices, but it keeps calling me:o

Put earplugs in and go have some wine. ;)

I'm considering purchasing shares of CCL for shipboard credit. I understand certain documents should be faxed to Princess. Since I am not able to fax, is there somewhere I can take the the information to pay for faxing or can they be mailed?

Most UPS stores have fax machines but they will charge on a per pay basis. I don't remember how much is was. To email the request you would need to be able to scan in your proof of stock ownership and proof you have the cruise booked and paid for and then attach those documents to the email to Princess.

Have a great next cruise.

Most UPS stores have fax machines but they will charge on a per pay basis. I don't remember how much is was. To email the request you would need to be able to scan in your proof of stock ownership and proof you have the cruise booked and paid for and then attach those documents to the email to Princess.

Have a great next cruise.

You may also be able to download your account statement to get the proof of ownership.

Hi all,

Very informative information. We're seriously considering buying the 100 shares of CCL before our next Princess Cruise this fall. Three questions not previously discussed:

1) Any minimum requirement to purchase the CCL shares prior to Cruise Final Payment or can they be purchased just prior to cruise embarkation ?

2) Do the CCL shares need to be retained until the end of the cruise to get the CCL OBC, or can they be sold prior to the cruise departure ?

3) Any restrictions as to the type of brokerage account the CCL shares are held, (i.e. Employer's 401K, Standard IRA, & ROTH IRA are all valid) ?

Thanks to all who respond.

Hi all,

Very informative information. We're seriously considering buying the 100 shares of CCL before our next Princess Cruise this fall. Three questions not previously discussed:

1) Any minimum requirement to purchase the CCL shares prior to Cruise Final Payment or can they be purchased just prior to cruise embarkation ? As long as you can provide proof of owenership at least a week before the cruise starts, you are OK.

2) Do the CCL shares need to be retained until the end of the cruise to get the CCL OBC, or can they be sold prior to the cruise departure ? You can sell them if you wish, but why? You really should not buy them in the first place just for a one time OBC, but also because you believe it is a good investment.

3) Any restrictions as to the type of brokerage account the CCL shares are held, (i.e. Employer's 401K, Standard IRA, & ROTH IRA are all valid) ? All these type are valid.

Thanks to all who respond.

See above in red

2. As Caribill said, you can sell them at any time after you send off the information for the OBC. However, it may not be worth it, especially if you will get a $75 or $100 credit. The commisions plus even a $1 drop in the price would cost you more than the credit. Even with the $250 credit for the longer cruises, CCL could drof $2.50 before you sell it.

I would assume anyone selling it right away would make sure the stock was up and not down at the time of sale so they didn't lose from what they have in it. Our commissions were diddly (less than $10 each to buy or sell), and if we didn't want the stock, and didn't intend to do cruising with Princess, we would sell it if we no longer needed it for the benefits.

That said, we will prob do anther Princess cruise in May, so we'll hold onto it.

2. As Caribill said, you can sell them at any time after you send off the information for the OBC. However, it may not be worth it, especially if you will get a $75 or $100 credit. The commisions plus even a $1 drop in the price would cost you more than the credit. Even with the $250 credit for the longer cruises, CCL could drof $2.50 before you sell it.

I would assume anyone selling it right away would make sure the stock was up and not down at the time of sale so they didn't lose from what they have in it. Our commissions were diddly (less than $10 each to buy or sell), and if we didn't want the stock, and didn't intend to do cruising with Princess, we would sell it if we no longer needed it for the benefits.

That said, we will prob do anther Princess cruise in May, so we'll hold onto it.

There is no way to guarentee the stock will ever trade again for more than you pay. You could wind up holding for a long time.