The Definitive Shareholder Benefit Thread - Read This First!

VibeGuy

She sounds a bit cold despite being polite. ...

... I cannot believe that we are now on Sept 20 and Liza is still processing passengers sailing in the upcoming 10 days...

I'm inclined to cut her a little slack. With the recent announcement of Onboard Credits (equal in value, but not combinable with shareholder credits), everybody who ever wore a uniform is sending her a copy of their DD214 or Gray ID Card. I'm sure she's up to her chin in paperwork right about now, and is processing as quickly as she can. As far as I know, she hasn't missed anybody yet, so she's doing a great job!:D

Edited by captbill

So this is the first time since Feb 2009 we return to sail Princess... I emailed Liza at her old email address and left a message on her voice mail California time 9:30am.

She called me back California time 3pm, informing me the email needs to be sent to shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com. It will take 3 to 5 business days to process the request. I told her I used the note written down in my "cruise file" for her old email address. She said I need to read shareholder annual report... Somehow, she does not sound as nice as in previous occasions I contacted her on the same subject. Granted it was almost 2 years ago.

She sounds a bit cold despite being polite. I suppose that she knows the price we paid is very low, but it is not a Flash that much I know because our agent told me we qualified for an agency credit of $75. Our agent said Flash sale does not get agency credit. Well, if it is not Flash, then we are entitled to the shareholder credit benefit...

I asked her whether fax would be quicker. She said No. I asked that would it be enough time for our Oct 9 sailing which we just purchased Saturday night. She said Yes as she is now still processing for Sept sailings.

I cannot believe that we are now on Sept 20 and Liza is still processing passengers sailing in the upcoming 10 days...

I will say that I have never had much of a delay (24-36 hour max) in getting the confirmation. I'm sure she is just bombarded with requests and she may be overwhelmed. I don't think she has any way of knowing the price you paid unless you submitted your actual cruise confirmation. She's only one person....give her time.

I'm inclined to cut her a little slack. With the recent announcement of Onboard Credits (equal in value, but not combinable with shareholder credits), everybody who ever wore a uniform is sending her a copy of their DD214 or Gray ID Card. I'm sure she's up to her chin in paperwork right about now, and is processing as quickly as she can. As far as I know, she hasn't missed anybody yet, so she's doing a great job!:D

What is that OBC, for military folks?

How would that have anything to do with us shareholders?

Or because the aforementioned OBC is also processed by her, so she is overwhelmed by the paperwork?

Sorry I haven't kept up with the development. Haven't planned on a cruise this Fall after having done the Transatlantic East Bound on Eurodam this past April and 4 weeks landtrip in Greece / Turkey afterward, we have no plan to do another cruise (also because we have to do some landtrips before year ends) - but the sudden price drop is too dramatic when I found that out by accident, so we immediately purchased it on Saturday night. I did not realize the email address has changed. Good thing she returned my message. I am grateful by that but she does not sound like in the past hence I am a bit surprised.

Edited by nho9504

What is that OBC, for military folks? An OBC available to retired and active military in USA and Canada. Same amounts as stockholder OBC.

How would that have anything to do with us shareholders? Just that a cabin cannot get both the stockholder OBC and the military OBC.

Or because the aforementioned OBC is also processed by her, so she is overwhelmed by the paperwork? Also true

See above in red

She is handling it all. :(

Oh, no wonder she isn't as friendly. I was wondering how in the world there are suddenly so many shareholders? This explains why.

If everyone who sends in the requests has his / her booking number and other details clearly laid out to match with their docs, the process should not take too long to do one. I guess this is expecting too much from people... I can see her workload suddenly increases many folds. Anyone in that situation has the right to be frustrated.

Edited by nho9504

Just got our Shareholder OBC along with this message of NEW INFO ON WHO/WHERE TO CONTACT:

Effective immediately all future shareholder benefit applications please send documentation to fax number 661 753 0151 or email addresses shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com for processing.

We should not email Liza McDaniel directly.

Does anyone know if flash rates are excluded from the shareholder credit. Sorry if this was discussed before, but after looking at the first 5 pages and the last 4 pages, I decided to just ask.

TIA

no problem getting shareholder credit when booking with a flash rate, we've done numerous repos that were flash sales and gotten the credit from the stocks

Just got our Shareholder OBC along with this message of NEW INFO ON WHO/WHERE TO CONTACT:

Effective immediately all future shareholder benefit applications please send documentation to fax number 661 753 0151 or email addresses shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com for processing.

We should not email Liza McDaniel directly.

No we should not.

In fact Liza called me after I sent the request to her old email address to tell me re-send the request to the above address. It is the new address in Carnival's annual report about shareholder benefits.

No we should or no we should not...what is the correct email address or FAX number.:confused: I currently have a fax number of 661-753-0180.

putterdude it looks like the number and contact have changed here is a link to the CarnivalShareholder benefits

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

• 2 weeks later...

Liza McDaniel has consistently done a great job handling all these requests.

I doubt there is any way to find out, but I wonder if Cruise Critic members are more likely to own the CCL stick than non-members. I would think so because it is talked about a lot on here. We see posting regularly from people who have bought it.

Per Liza shareholder OBC will not show up on princess.com

Thanks Liza does it show up on the website ?

No, please note we have a new process with benefits you will not longer see OBC on line. Please obtain booking confirmation from your travel agent which identifies benefit as a onboard credit or this email will serve as confirmation. Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151

This may be old hat but I wasn't able to find our Shareholders' Benefit for an upcoming cruise as an OBC in "My Princess" as was shown in the past. So I sent an email off to Yield Management over the weekend and this afternoon got the following response:

Our system reflects shareholder benefit issued to your booking 28SEP10. Please note we have a new process with benefits you will not longer see OBC on line. Please obtain booking confirmation from your travel agent which identifies benefit as a onboard credit or this email will serve as confirmation that your booking noted below has been issued a $100.00 Carnival shareholder benefit shipboard credit.

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

No, please note we have a new process with benefits you will not longer see OBC on line. Please obtain booking confirmation from your travel agent which identifies benefit as a onboard credit or this email will serve as confirmation. Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151

This may be old hat but I wasn't able to find our Shareholders' Benefit for an upcoming cruise as an OBC in "My Princess" as was shown in the past. So I sent an email off to Yield Management over the weekend and this afternoon got the following response:

Our system reflects shareholder benefit issued to your booking 28SEP10. Please note we have a new process with benefits you will not longer see OBC on line. Please obtain booking confirmation from your travel agent which identifies benefit as a onboard credit or this email will serve as confirmation that your booking noted below has been issued a $100.00 Carnival shareholder benefit shipboard credit.

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Thanks so much to the two of you, for these new answers, as a friend was just asking why his credits weren't showing up on My Princess.

Minette

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151

what does OBC mean?

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151

My question is why? or I should say why not?

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management