Transportation at Brooklyn Pier

Can you please tell me if there is a yellow cab area at the Brooklyn Pier?

ALso, does anyone know how far the subway stop is from the pier?

We would like to take a car service to the pier but perhaps a yellow cab on departure. Even willing to take the subway to Queens if not too far from the terminal.

Thanks , appreciate any help in this area.

:o

Some cabs are waiting but make sure you get directions prior to leaving so your able to explain to the cab medallion drivers the way to go too.

Carservices and/or Limo may be your best as an agreed upon cost basis is done prior.

Subway..

Well even since Brooklyn became part of NYC in 1898 A.D. they have not had good inter-borough transport to the Red Hook Section.

Even US NAVY Seamen had to use there legs mostly to go back and forth best.

Pier 12 was the old ROAD SALT pier after the US NAVY left.

So yes the Subway is not the answer either are buses.

Maybe one of your friends which has a vehicle can drive youall and back too.

The easiest is self driving then parking if you own a vehicle.:cool:

Can you please tell me if there is a yellow cab area at the Brooklyn Pier?

ALso, does anyone know how far the subway stop is from the pier?

We would like to take a car service to the pier but perhaps a yellow cab on departure. Even willing to take the subway to Queens if not too far from the terminal.

Thanks , appreciate any help in this area.

:o

Thank you for the prompt reply.. I ask about the subway because 311 told me to take the F train at Smith 9 stop....... into Queens

I am only interested in getting home.. I can arrange for a car service to take us but they cannot guarantee that we will not wait several hours to be picked up on departure date.

My concerns are that if family agrees to pick us up they will get caught up in a long line of other private cars and limos. If you have experience at this pier please pass it on to me

Thanks

The 311 advisor is mistaken. :eek:Look at a NYC Subway Map.

Family probably would be the best way for pickup and also drop off.

A time once clearing US Customs on your return may be about 1/2 to 1-hour .

Having a cell phone, usable for just that purpose may be a benefit as not many public pay phones are in the Cruise terminal.

---

A way to see is to take a drive there when a ship is in and just drive through and see .

Dry runs do benefit you and your family too.

The Longshoremen do a great job there.

Most of all have a great Cruise!

The Boys Scouts MOTTO once agin is such a truism.

Be Prepared

Thank you for the prompt reply.. I ask about the subway because 311 told me to take the F train at Smith 9 stop....... into Queens

I am only interested in getting home.. I can arrange for a car service to take us but they cannot guarantee that we will not wait several hours to be picked up on departure date.

My concerns are that if family agrees to pick us up they will get caught up in a long line of other private cars and limos. If you have experience at this pier please pass it on to me

Thanks

Thanks

We had family drop us off and pick us up from Red Hook on a recent June cruise. They were able to maneuver around cabs and limos to easily meet us outside the terminal. We did walk all the way to the end of the sidewalk, past many other people waiting for rides/car service. We were also one of the last groups off the boat - around 10:40, so not sure if that made a difference for better or worse.

If you can get a ride, worst case is tell them to not enter the terminal if it looks very backed up - you can go out and meet them on the street.

Returned on June 29th.

Walled off the ship with our bags.

No lines at customs.

Took all of two minutes.

While traffic was controlled, had to wait about 15 minutes for a cab.

When we drove out, saw about 30 cabs waiting to pull in.

All in all, was one of the best transfers we had at Brooklyn.

The 311 advisor is mistaken. :eek:Look at a NYC Subway Map.

Family probably would be the best way for pickup and also drop off.

A time once clearing US Customs on your return may be about 1/2 to 1-hour .

Having a cell phone, usable for just that purpose may be a benefit as not many public pay phones are in the Cruise terminal.

---

A way to see is to take a drive there when a ship is in and just drive through and see .

Dry runs do benefit you and your family too.

The Longshoremen do a great job there.

Most of all have a great Cruise!

The Boys Scouts MOTTO once agin is such a truism.

Be Prepared

cabs at the terminal are hit and miss sometimes there are plenty sometimes there are none. The cruise terminal has hired livery cabs/black cars which will take you for just about twice what either a yellow cab will cost or twice what Arecibo will charge.

Arecibo doesn't do reservations you call when you finish with customs immigration and they come normally pretty quickly(7187836465). I use them a couple of times a week and they are really no problem.

yes you can take the f/g train to Smith and 9th street-the highest subway stop from the street in NY and then catch the B61 and walk in from the walkin entrance at Pioneer and Conover street- the bus stops at Pioneer and Van Brundt. Its a half mile walk(I posted pictures before)....

You can do this backwards theB61 to Smith and ninth street then the F train to manhattan(not the G its the Brooklyn Queens crosstown and never makes it to Manhattan)....

see the cabs they really do come to Brooklyn,....and yes I know its the QM2...

IMG_2143.jpg.59da6c349011d24d6c10b5b925a8e5ac.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg.968272ea563ba8725ebd4ce43e5ff9c7.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg.94bfab054aa75acb5039c67274708957.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg.9d6b2702dd8e8d42512e37dbca0e7adc.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg.2c2c873972c0747e03e7b121e2810f50.jpg

Archived