Costa Rica

beshears

I've heard about Costa Rica, but really don't know where it is located. Can someone tell me? Is it in the Caribbean, or where?

If you have been to Costa Rica, would you let me know what is the "shortest" time that a cruise ship will go? The reason I ask, I only have a short vacation time, and was hoping I could check it out.

brneyes

I

map_LE8DWC_FTL.jpg

FLL_GCM_CTG_ONX_PRT_RTB_CZM_FLL.gif

Carnival Freedom and Carnival Miracle stop at Puerto Limon, Costa Rica on eight night cruises. Both also include Colon, Panama. Eight night cruises are the shortest that I recall seeing Costa Rica as one of the ports.

Costa Rica is in Central America--it's usually on one of the longer cruises---generally a Panama Canal cruise. It's very lush there...rainforest, and all that.

If you really want to "check it out", you'll need more time than 8 hours or so....that's about as long as any ship will stay in port. Consider a land vacation there!

We spent a week in Costa Rica several years ago, and it is a wonderful country. As others have said, there is the lush greenery of the rain forest, and there also are several volcanos, including Arenal, which is active, nice beaches, mountains, very friendly people... and I could go on and on for hours. Instead of funding a military, they spend their money on land conservation and ecology. As much as we love cruising, I would love to go back on another land vacation.

Thank you "everyone" for replying.

Question, if flying from the US, can you give me a "gestamate" how many hours to get there? We would probably have to "transfer" but, would it take more than 8 hours as my time (vacation) is short.

Also, does anyone know if they do the all inclusive for a few days?

brneyes

• 2 months later...
Thank you "everyone" for replying.

Question, if flying from the US, can you give me a "gestamate" how many hours to get there? We would probably have to "transfer" but, would it take more than 8 hours as my time (vacation) is short.

Also, does anyone know if they do the all inclusive for a few days?

brneyes

From Kansas City the shortest flying route is about 8 hours, with a transfer in Atlanta. So 16-20 hours of your vacation would be getting there and returning (including getting to airports check in and time between flights). At $600 or so RT not a cheap weekend getaway:(

I just got off of the Freedom and LOVED Costa Rica and Panama. I just saw this map that includes Roatan, another favorite of ours. Does anybody know which cruiseline does this itinerary? I would love to look into it!

Celebrity offers two Ultimate cruises of the Caribbean. This is one of them. The Equinox is sailing there in 2010. See my sig....

Archived