Civitavecchia to Rome Airport

newmexone

We will be arriving at Civitavecchia at 5:00AM, Nov. 14th on the Azamara Quest. We are booked on a 9:10AM flight back to the States. Is this a problem? There are 4 of us traveling together and we plan to have a car ready to pick us up at the dock. Thanks.

This flight is too early. You should arrive to the Airport at least 2 hours before your flight since it is an international flight and I would have recommended 2 1/2 hours. You should also allow one hour for the drive from the port to the airport.

Keith

We will be arriving at Civitavecchia at 5:00AM, Nov. 14th on the Azamara Quest. We are booked on a 9:10AM flight back to the States. Is this a problem? There are 4 of us traveling together and we plan to have a car ready to pick us up at the dock. Thanks.

We just got back from Civitavecchia and our Ship also arrived at 5:00AM, we had a private car waiting for us for 6:00AM, we were off the ship by 6:15AM, we had a flight leave at 9:50AM. Our driver had us at the Airport by 7:15AM and we made a stop for coffee at the Port area before we left. You could do it, you will be there long before all the other passenger from the ship and zip right thru the lines. When we got to the Airport there were no lines at all. We saw an hour later people from our cruise arrive at the Airport.

We had taken our luggage off the Ship we did not set it out the night before and requested Express departure.

I have a 10:20AM flight and I thought that was early. Most recent Celebrity cruises report that they are off the ship about 6:00AM. I have my driver coming at 6:50AM. I am trying to decide if I need Express debarkation and carry my own bags. That being said, 9:10 AM is very early.

I would not do a flight this early. You MAY make it, if everything goes well. But if one step in the process goes wrong (e.g., your disembarkation is delayed, your private driver is late, there is traffic, there are lines at the airport), you will most certainly miss the flight.

Archived