When do you Become Elite

margord

I have seen two things. One says after your 16th cruise and the other says after your 15th cruise. (I know you can do it by days also but was wondering on the amount of cruises needed to become Elite).

I have seen two things. One says after your 16th cruise and the other says after your 15th cruise. (I know you can do it by days also but was wondering on the amount of cruises needed to become Elite).

Elite begins when you board for your 16th sailing. Finish 15 and then it starts with the next cruise. ;)

I'm wondering if this has changed. According to the latest newsletter from Princess: "After 16 cruises or 150 cruise days, you'll become an Elite Member and enjoy a host of exclusive benefits" It's sounding as though you have to complete 16 cruises (or 150 days) before you reach Elite.

I'm wondering if this has changed. According to the latest newsletter from Princess: "After 16 cruises or 150 cruise days, you'll become an Elite Member and enjoy a host of exclusive benefits" It's sounding as though you have to complete 16 cruises before you reach Elite.
I'm pretty sure this is a typo as the Princess website still says 15 cruises or 150 cruise days. The newsletter was most likely written and sent by an outside source, not actually by Princess.

I'm wondering if this has changed. According to the latest newsletter from Princess: "After 16 cruises or 150 cruise days, you'll become an Elite Member and enjoy a host of exclusive benefits" It's sounding as though you have to complete 16 cruises (or 150 days) before you reach Elite.

Since all info about the Captain's Circle still states the original 150 days or beginning with your 16th cruise, I would guess that newsletter was a misprint. Otherwise, it would be changed on the Princess website also.

Princess is so smart....because, everytime I think about booking on another cruiseline, in the back of my mind is the fact that I'm "wasting" the time that I could be adding-up on Princess.

We, of course, have strayed because of time constraints and one reason or another.....but, I find myself hesitating to book on another line because I want to rack-up the sailings!!!!

We strayed for one cruise on a rival line and it cost us. But it helped to verify why we have stayed with Princess since our honeymoon cruise 17 years ago. Consistency. Sadly or gladly I am not sure which, it may be a while before we discover what the lines may have to offer us, except for the opinions we gather on CC, which just like my opinion often seems biased, rightly so.

Princess has fit our style and budget so we are here to stay for all the reasons one becomes loyal to a brand. Great expectations.

And there are the pasta dishes of course, especially the rigatoni with the mushroom cream sauce and the sorbet and the bread and...I digress.

Elite after 15 cruises.........

we like to mix it up...

doing 19th&20th princess cruise in Oct

also 15 carnival, 3 hal, 10 rccl, 7 celb...never had a bad cruise

Rob

1st cruise 1989.......most have been in the last 10 yrs....I think I need some kind of help!!!!!:eek:

Definitely still 15 cruises...Princess does have quite a few typos on their websight (HA_HA)

This is exactly why I asked this to begin with. I saw 16 cruises one place and 5 another. The web says 15. Hope that is correct. Thanks eveyrone.

This is exactly why I asked this to begin with. I saw 16 cruises one place and 5 another. The web says 15. Hope that is correct. Thanks eveyrone.

No need to just "hope". It is correct. My sister and BIL just saw the change in their My Princess area upon completion of #15. One day it said Platinum and the next day it changed to Elite.

Hi All,

What happens if you board your cruise on 149 nights will they give you Elite benifits the following day for the rest of your cruise.

yours Shogun

No, your Captain's Circle status for the entire cruise is your status at the begining or it. So in your example, you would get Elite benefits on your next cruise.

I agree with Paul on this one. If you board on your 149 day, even for a 60 day cruise. Your elite status will not take effect until the next cruise you sail on. It does not come into effect when you hit the magic 150 day mark during a voyage.

Toto & Paul are right...our Platinum status kicked in only after the first leg of our Crown B2B; we were platinum for the second week.

Steve

As long as you book the b2b as two cruises, your Captain's Circle status will be updated at the begining of the second cruise. If you book it as one 14 day cruise, there is no update until the end of the cruise.

Archived