Last Nights Mariner Show on TTT

What did you think?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

I think it was ok...."typical" is more the word. I think if you're a seasoned cruiser, these shows have a "been there done that" feeling to them. If you are newer to cruising, then it would be more exciting. But a lot of the shows about the ships have the same format to them, it seems.

I was disappointed that they didn't show more of the ship in terms of things to do/see. They very briefly showed the 70's party but not what really happens at that party. Likewise with the shows - snippets of the shows would have been nice. I realize the shows change frequently, but it may pique more peoples interest just to have a taste of what the shows are really like. Also they mentioned 9 (I think) specialty restaurants, but only showed Johnny Rockets. What about the shops on the Promenade? The different bars? Heck - they didn't even mention a Meet N Mingle!

I don't think they really covered "why not" - it could have been better.

I was disappointed that they didn't show more of the ship in terms of things to do/see. They very briefly showed the 70's party but not what really happens at that party. Likewise with the shows - snippets of the shows would have been nice. I realize the shows change frequently, but it may pique more peoples interest just to have a taste of what the shows are really like. Also they mentioned 9 (I think) specialty restaurants, but only showed Johnny Rockets. What about the shops on the Promenade? The different bars? Heck - they didn't even mention a Meet N Mingle!

Agree. I watched to see the ship itself; not nearly enough of that.

I thought it was dissapointing also... I could watch the Freedom of the Seas shows over and over, one is on my DVR for life I think.... The one last night was just blah... I think the family was rather Blah and they didn't really show many of the activities or the ship for that matter. I was really looking to see more of the ship, there was just a quick shot of the belly flop contest, the skating, and the dancing in the streets... The dining room didn't even get a full view, just a quick shot of a few tables... Eh... :( It wasn't in HD either which sort of burns me...

Personally, I did not want to see the ship since I have seen so many of that class in person.....not to mention the numerous shows that already exist on Voyager Class ships. I wanted to see the ports since I am cruising the Mex Riv later this year.

But all in all, I think the show was pretty good.

I enjoyed it, mainly because we sailed Mariner 3 times when she was based at PC, and she is my favourite! To me, the things that make Mariner special is the captains (especially Captain Johnny but Captain Per was also very good), and some of the pieces of artwork out on the pool deck. IMO - most of the dining rooms are interchangeable, as it Chops and JRs.

I didn't expect them to show the meet & mingle, since that activity is specific to CC members.

Funny though, the cruise director Abe was the asst. cruise director on Freedom when I was on her. He was great. Glad to see he is a full fledged CD now.

Watching it now thanks to the DVR.

I feel this whole series is supposed to be about cruising, but it is more about the destinations. This is the first show that has featured a lot of "cruising" experience. I love anything on TV about cruising, because it makes my husband anxious to book more cruises!

I watched it in HD. It was on at 7PM local time here on our cable network in HD, on at 10 PM on the same cable network in non-HD & at 11 PM for the DISH network.:confused: I thought it was pretty good - yes a lot about the captain. I was surprised it did not feature the ice show since that is so unique to RCI. Also surprised, since it featured a family that it did not mention the kids & teen programs! Not one of the best I have seen, but I was interested as we are heading back to the MR in September & April. I have been on the Explorer twice but never on the Mariner. We may be switching our April cruise from the Sapphire to the Mariner, so was hoping to see more of the ship features.

I enjoyed the show last night but then again, I enjoy all the cruise shows on the Travel Channel. I cannot tell you how many times they have rerun

"Samantha Brown's First Cruise" and its always fun to watch. I have seen the cabin stewards make those stuffed towel animals for her so many times I should know how to do it!!

As a cruise fanatic, any and all cruise shows are fun. I have never been on the Mariner but I heard that its the suster ship of Navigator so I was

watching to see the similarities. The Promenade stores and all looked

exactly the same.

As previously said, for new cruisers its informational and for us seasoned cruisers its just fun....

Archived