Forward cabin??? We BOOKED!!!! Woo Hoo

MnAsMom

SO we booked the Nick cruise just now... YAY!!!

The guy said we got one of 2 remaining 4 person balcony cabins available... YIKES! Guess that promotion is a popular one!

So our choices were the cabin we picked #9526 (very forward) and the other option was on deck 6 right above the promenade champagne lounge... not far from the pub etc. I read a review that said the pub was LOUD well into the night!

Please tell me we aren't going to hate the really forward location..... we had no choice otherwise and I figured being sandwiched between cabins was better than over shops/bars.

LOL the booking guy was really nice and my husband popped in and said how about the jr suite. It isn't part of the promotion and is going for almost $9000!!! My hubby said "come on... you know your not gonna book it... cut it in half!" the guy just laughed. My husband said call us if you decide to drop the price and he said he would put an * near our name. He said we sounded like really nice people.... never hurts to ask!

SO we're booked.... my 8 year old is gonna flip out when we arrive at the ship and he realizes that it's the NICK cruise. He was just thrilled watching the ship on the travel channel this week!!!! I can't wait to see his face... gotta have the camera rolling when we arrive!

What a good mom, you are! Will you adopt me, please? ;)

You are going to have a fab time. As far as being really far forward, I wouldn't worry about it. My last forward cabin was at the very, very front of the Carnival Celebration, Riviera deck, and while there was movement, it wasn't that bad. Until the last day, when we hit 12-foot swells, and at that point, EVERYONE on the ship felt the movement! (No lie, there were stacks of barf bags set up in all the elevator bays for people, and the hallways were lined with Do Not Disturb signs on cabin doors, behind which you could hear stereophonic retching from all sides.)

Good thing about having a balcony cabin far forward is that you have a much lower chance of having smokers upwind from you, so you'll actually be able to USE your balcony. :)

I'm sure your cabin will be fine. However, the Champagne bar isn't loud!!!

Aahhh... should we be trying to call back and switch then? I am worried about the motion... I'd hate for my kids to be getting sea sick cause we chose the wrong cabin!!!

SO you don't think the deck 6 cabin would be noisy over the champagne lounge? I read a review about someone who was on deck 6 above the pub and said he ended up just going down and hanging out in the pub till it closed cause it was loud in his room and he might as well just go down and enjoy the cause of the noise. Thats what caused me to shy away from being over a "lounge". Wish I had had a chance to research it before we got on the phone.... was kinda put on the spot!

what do you think? Do I stress about the deck 9 room or just leave it how it is?

Thanks

WOOHHOOOOOO!!!!!! :D:D:D

Congrats!!!!!!!! Your kids are going to flip! You better take video!

How wonderful this is going to be! I am so excited for you.

So how long till you leave? A few weeks?

I think they are going to flip.... my 8 year old is just excited about going on a cruise period.... I have a feeling his reaction when he realizes is going to be priceless!!!!

We leave on July 26th.... so 2 weeks from tomorrow! Now I have shopping and planning to do. What to do in the ports... I have a rough idea. Need to book the dolphin thing in PV since I am sure booking through the ship will be WAY more expensive. I want to buy one of those over the door shoe rack things to try to keep things a little more organized in the room. We hit Old Navy and picked up a few polo collared shirts for my 4 year old for dinners in the dining room (need to drag the containers out and see if any of his brother hand me down pants will work for him). My hard to fit 8 year old is the one who might be difficult. I gotta find him some decent pants... he is an elastic waist shorts wearer!!! LOL I picked up a couple of pairs of pants and a shirt for myself. Got a dress last week. Ahhh now I feel overwhelmed .... so much to do/plan and only 2 weeks to get it all done! But we're very excited to say the least! I can't believe we booked FINALLY! It has been 10 years since we cruised on our honeymoon!

I think they are going to flip.... my 8 year old is just excited about going on a cruise period.... I have a feeling his reaction when he realizes is going to be priceless!!!!

We leave on July 26th.... so 2 weeks from tomorrow! Now I have shopping and planning to do. What to do in the ports... I have a rough idea. Need to book the dolphin thing in PV since I am sure booking through the ship will be WAY more expensive. I want to buy one of those over the door shoe rack things to try to keep things a little more organized in the room. We hit Old Navy and picked up a few polo collared shirts for my 4 year old for dinners in the dining room (need to drag the containers out and see if any of his brother hand me down pants will work for him). My hard to fit 8 year old is the one who might be difficult. I gotta find him some decent pants... he is an elastic waist shorts wearer!!! LOL I picked up a couple of pairs of pants and a shirt for myself. Got a dress last week. Ahhh now I feel overwhelmed .... so much to do/plan and only 2 weeks to get it all done! But we're very excited to say the least! I can't believe we booked FINALLY! It has been 10 years since we cruised on our honeymoon!

Congrats on the suprise and the real short time you have to wait it out! I've seen video on here of little ones being surprised by a cruise AS they get there! The look on their face says it all. totally priceless. If you can take video as you'll have it for years to come to look back on.

It sounds like you have alot of things to do to pass the time and before you know it, it'll be time to leave! Have fun and be sure to report back how it was. Please and thankyou.

Archived