What are the secrets of the Crown Princess? Shhhh we won't tell....

Ohio-C-Luver

We're sailing on the Crown Princess for the 2nd time on Christmas 09. We were so busy with a port intensive cruise the first time, we didn't get to explore the ship much. :eek:

We know there have to be some secret places and shortcuts etc on her. Please do confide in us-and tell us her secrets. Shhhh we won't tell anyone! ;)

Thanks!

Have you ever considered that if you need to ask, you are not cleared to know?

Before you get mad, I am just joshing you. I've not been on the Crown Princess, so I don't know either.

Did you know about the secret door leading out on an observation deck above the bridge? It's on the Lido deck, which is the same deck as the pool. Go all the way forward, past all of the forward cabins. On either the port or starboard side, there is a door. Through that door to another door (which is fairly hard to open) that leads to a few steps which takes you on this deck. It's a great place to be during sailaway. But, these doors are locked once out in open waters. It's way too windy and can be dangerous.

Also, did you try the chicken salad at the International Cafe? It's to die for!!

Did you know about the secret door leading out on an observation deck above the bridge? It's on the Lido deck, which is the same deck as the pool. Go all the way forward, past all of the forward cabins. On either the port or starboard side, there is a door. Through that door to another door (which is fairly hard to open) that leads to a few steps which takes you on this deck. It's a great place to be during sailaway. But, these doors are locked once out in open waters. It's way too windy and can be dangerous.

Also, did you try the chicken salad at the International Cafe? It's to die for!!

Thanks Choochella, did not know about the secret passageway or the chicken salad sandwiches (my favorite)! Those are great secrets!!!!! :D

Druke 1 no offense taken, but yes, secrets fall into the need to know catagory.....! LOL!

Surely there are more secrets about the Crown out there????????

love love love this thread, as we are sailing on her 12/5 and have been reading these threads daily for any and all tidbits..please share more with all of us..

Wendy

Pre-dinner drinks in Adagios across from Sabatini's Restaurant - way up high on deck 16 or so, I think. They have wonderful stuffed olives and thin crunchy breadsticks that they bring you as snacks when you order a drink. We never saw more than 2-3 tables filled at any time up there so the service was very prompt....

Using Deck 7 is a painless way of travelling from one end of the ship to the other without having to fight with the stewards trolleys in the narrower cabin passageways.

I hope you found the International Cafe and Vines in the Atrium.

what we did once we were back on the ship from being ashore is to take the stairs up to deck 5 (I think) to the International Cafe and grab a couple of little snacks to take back up to the room with us to have while getting ready. Then from there we would take the center elevators back up to our deck and avoid the crowded elevators.:)

and yes the food there is a secret ......sshhhhhhh:)

We're sailing on the Crown Princess for the 2nd time on Christmas 09. We were so busy with a port intensive cruise the first time, we didn't get to explore the ship much. :eek:

We know there have to be some secret places and shortcuts etc on her. Please do confide in us-and tell us her secrets. Shhhh we won't tell anyone! ;)

Thanks!

I don't think it's a secret but, the pizza is to die for!

Janette

The international Cafe will sell you three LARGE scoops of great tasting gelato for $1.50.

If that's too large a portion for you, ask for one or two scoops. You'll be charged pro rata.

Ask and ye shall receive.

If you prefer inside cabins for economy, you'll find six oversized cat II cabins on the Riviera deck. They sell out fast.

I booked early and managed to snag one for next month's marvelous British Isles adventure! :)

Shhhhhhhhhh - dont tell anyone but the Sanctuary on the Crown is the best place for total relaxation. You will forget where you are and drift off to a peaceful sleep or maybe you just want to be "kid free" for a couple of hours, or maybe you prefer lemon water and a cold towel and a good book. It'll cost you a couple of bucks for the day - or you could pay for the week. SO WORTH IT....in fact, my group booked the Caribbean Princess in August just because they had the Sanctuary on that ship too!! It's in the front of the ship and is probably one of the best kept secrets of all time. L0L

:)

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, Princess does have the best pizza, but it's nice being reminded again before sailing. All those "bits' of information are going with us so we don't miss a thing this cruise!;)

Thanks so much for enlightening us! :D

Jan

Pre-dinner drinks in Adagios across from Sabatini's Restaurant - way up high on deck 16 or so, I think. They have wonderful stuffed olives and thin crunchy breadsticks that they bring you as snacks when you order a drink. We never saw more than 2-3 tables filled at any time up there so the service was very prompt....

The Addiago bar is the best kept secret on the ship.:D

Using Deck 7 is a painless way of travelling from one end of the ship to the other without having to fight with the stewards trolleys in the narrower cabin passageways.

I hope you found the International Cafe and Vines in the Atrium.

Billet, I would like to know how many other people have tried squishing the bug that is actually your avatar? I spent a moment trying to flatten it on my screen before realizing it was yours!

The Addiago bar is the best kept secret on the ship.:D

Absolutely agree! Wonderful place to spend a quiet evening -- good music usually, very quiet, lovely ambiance, attentive waiters. And you can order in dessert from the Sabatini's menu (the tiramisu is awesome) for a small charge. Highly recommended!

Which ones are the oversized cabins on the Riviera deck? My sister is in R336 on the Crown in November.

They are: R403, R407, R507, R508, R514 and R515. R336 is a standard inside. We are booked on the Ruby and booked an inside II guarantee. We were really hoping to be on the Lido deck, which is normally the deck we book, but unfortunately we booked too late. I was hoping that Princess would assign us a Lido deck cabin, but saw on our personalizer that we have R316. So, no Lido or no bigger inside II. :( Our only hope is that maybe after final payment, they will move people around and maybe, just maybe, we might get an upgrade. :D

I don't think it's a secret but, the pizza is to die for!

Janette

Glad to here it, we were on the Caribbean Princess and we had to have pizza every day, it was THAT GOOD!!

Billet, I would like to know how many other people have tried squishing the bug that is actually your avatar? I spent a moment trying to flatten it on my screen before realizing it was yours!

To stop you getting sore fingers or a broken screen you can stop it moving by pressing ESC.

I agree that Adagio's is a real secret. They serve an excellent selection of stuffed olives with your drink and it is a nice peaceful atmosphere away from the madding crowd

Definitely go out on the deck outside of Adagio's for a drink. It is on the aft of the ship - great views! Very quiet - a few tables & fountains. Great place w/o a lot of people!

I have to agree about James - BEST waiter! He is in Crooner's and on the Princess Cay days he walks around saying "HELLOOOO! Anybody want a drink? Don't be BORING! It's your VACATION!" In his cute accent. :) Hopefully he is still there in December. We were on the ship in April. Our whole group still answers the phone HELLLOOOO! when we call each other!

Secret door out Lido deck is a great place to watch from when you are leaving port. You will be able to watch the harbor pilot bring the ship out, and watch the pilot jump out of the ship into his boat - very cool! Great for pictures too!

Archived