Dinner reservations on line

Acrusa

Just checked my ALREADY BOOKED on the O web site. Beside MANAGE YOUR TRIP and the other thing's, it also included MAKE DINNER RESERVATIONS. When I clicked onto it, it said sorry error. I called O and he said they are going to have it on line soon, not now.

Just checked my ALREADY BOOKED on the O web site. Beside MANAGE YOUR TRIP and the other thing's, it also included MAKE DINNER RESERVATIONS. When I clicked onto it, it said sorry error. I called O and he said they are going to have it on line soon, not now.

Do you know if this feature will be for the MDR or the specialty restaurants?

Do you know if this feature will be for the MDR or the specialty restaurants?

It is open seating in the GDR so I would think it is for the specialty dining rooms where reservations are required.

Time will tell

It is open seating in the GDR so I would think it is for the specialty

That is correct Lynn

They just don't "do"' reservations in the Grand Dining Room, as we found out in '07 when we did the Baltic with college friends (a group of 15).

That is correct Lynn

They just don't "do"' reservations in the Grand Dining Room, as we found out in '07 when we did the Baltic with college friends (a group of 15).

Thats not true.We where on the Natica last year in July. Met 2 other couples,arranged for a table in the GDR had it held for us for the cruise.

That is correct Lynn

Harry the Magician entertaining on the Nautica lives in Houston. He reserved the Captain's table in the GDR for a Texas Table. My wife and I had a great dinner there with 10 other people from Texas.

We also had dinner in Polo with a couple staying in an Owner's Suite. They had reservations to dine with the Captain in the GDR; so, ther are some special circumstances where a table can be reserved in the GDR.

Harry the Magician entertaining on the Nautica lives in Houston. He reserved the Captain's table in the GDR for a Texas Table. My wife and I had a great dinner there with 10 other people from Texas.

We also had dinner in Polo with a couple staying in an Owner's Suite. They had reservations to dine with the Captain in the GDR; so, ther are some special circumstances where a table can be reserved in the GDR.

If you have a large group they will set aside the larger table & you should ask in advance...I think they only have 2 tables for 10 . (I could be wrong)

If you dine with the Captain he does reserve his table but if he is not using it then others are seated there.

On the 1st night the CC group manged to get a table for 10

Lyn

We just returned from the Regatta Baltic sailing. We requested a table in advance for 8 of us so that we could discuss our plans for our private tours etc. Theytold us they would not take reservations so we had to sit 4 at one table and 4 at another. There were tables available for a party of eight.

We just returned from the Regatta Baltic sailing. We requested a table in advance for 8 of us so that we could discuss our plans for our private tours etc. Theytold us they would not take reservations so we had to sit 4 at one table and 4 at another. There were tables available for a party of eight.

The main reason for that I suppose was , it is easier to seat people as they arrive in tables for 8 as opposed to a 4 table. Most couples traveling alone will opte for a large table for 6 or 8, or a table for 2. A 4 table is hard to seat seperate couples.

The main reason for that I suppose was , it is easier to seat people as they arrive in tables for 8 as opposed to a 4 table. Most couples traveling alone will opte for a large table for 6 or 8, or a table for 2. A 4 table is hard to seat seperate couples.

Either way..they would NOT give us a reservation for a table of eight or any other reservation be it for 2,4,or 6.

If you do not mind eating early, you can get the same table in the GDR every evening. One of our party of six would leave our cocktail hour early to be in line at the entrance to the GDR by 6:15 for the 6:30 opening. Since we knew the table number from a previous voyage, we simply asked for that table. On one occasion, we had to take a table nearby but with the same wait staff.

If you are not sure or if it is your first voyage with Oceania, there is a table chart at the Maitre D’s desk which you can check before the dinner hour.

Don

Either way..they would NOT give us a reservation for a table of eight or any other reservation be it for 2,4,or 6.

That should not be. Maybe it was a new staff on board but we had no problem pursading them. In the GDR.

Thats not true.We where on the Natica last year in July. Met 2 other couples,arranged for a table in the GDR had it held for us for the cruise

I suppose that the Maitre D' has some discretion (especially with a table for 6 of which there are many), but the official policy is no reservations in the Grand Dining Room.

Pertinent to the main topic, however, I suspect that the online reservation system will begin when they start taking Marina reservations.

I suppose that the Maitre D' has some discretion (especially with a table for 6 of which there are many), but the official policy is no reservations in the Grand Dining Room.

Pertinent to the main topic, however, I suspect that the online reservation system will begin when they start taking Marina reservations.

I think your 100% accurate about this being mostly for Marina reservations.It is a 1200 passinger ship so I think that would make sense, and I also think they will be charging for the specialty restaurants.Just a guess.

Archived