Guarantee cabin assignment

choochella

We booked an inside II guarantee for our next fall cruise. We normally book this category, but choose a cabin on the Lido deck. We like being on the same deck as the pool. We booked too late and there were no cabins available on the Lido deck. This is the reason we booked the guarantee, hoping for an assignment to the Lido deck. I just checked our personalizer, and Princess has assigned us an inside II on the Riviera deck. Since final payment is not due, what are the chances that we may be moved again? Has anyone ever been in this same situation? I am hoping that some cabins may become available after final payment and Princess would start shuffling cabins around again. Right now, the entire cruise is on waitlist. We would be satisfied with whatever cabin we get, but were really hoping for either an II on the Lido deck, or a possible upgrade to another category. Anyone's experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Karen

Your stateroom assignment can change again before you sail. BUT, normally once assigned a stateroom, this is where you end up. You can always hope or watch the prices and availability. Since it's before final payment, you might be able to do some switching yourself and not have to keep your fingers crossed that the cruise line will assign you what you want. Keep your eyes open on available staterooms, you never know before final payment how many will cancel and the category and deck you prefer might just show up after final payment date and you can take care of this yourself instead of hoping the cruise line will assign you the deck you want to be on. Good Luck!

We booked an inside II guarantee for our next fall cruise. We normally book this category, but choose a cabin on the Lido deck. We like being on the same deck as the pool. We booked too late and there were no cabins available on the Lido deck. This is the reason we booked the guarantee, hoping for an assignment to the Lido deck. I just checked our personalizer, and Princess has assigned us an inside II on the Riviera deck. Since final payment is not due, what are the chances that we may be moved again? Has anyone ever been in this same situation? I am hoping that some cabins may become available after final payment and Princess would start shuffling cabins around again. Right now, the entire cruise is on waitlist. We would be satisfied with whatever cabin we get, but were really hoping for either an II on the Lido deck, or a possible upgrade to another category. Anyone's experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Karen

There is always a chance of an upgrade, but not much of one. You will almost certainly be on the Riviera deck.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was hoping that maybe what is happening with us may have happened to someone and they would reply with their experience.

Toto, I will definitely keep an eye on the availability of open cabins. I realize the Riviera deck is only one deck below, so not a big deal. Like I said, it was our fault for booking so late. Who knows, maybe, just maybe, Princess might just move us again. But it seems like we will probably have this cabin if nothing else opens up. I'll keep checking.

We were upgraded from an inside (at a higher level than our guarantee) and later to a balcony. Or, as we said, yay and hurray! The last upgrade happened maybe a week before the cruise.

We were upgraded from an inside (at a higher level than our guarantee) and later to a balcony. Or, as we said, yay and hurray! The last upgrade happened maybe a week before the cruise.

Wow, that was great!! I'm not holding my breath, since the upgrade fairy hasn't been to kind to us. But, there's still hope. And, since Princess has already assigned our cabin, I'm not sure they would move us again.

Before you were upgraded, did you already have a cabin assignment, then were upgraded?

Karen,

Those double assignments are few and far between, and it is technically possible for you to get one....but bear in mind that II cabins are already on waitlist for your cruise and this is before final payment. Princess in not allowing any more bookings in your grade and thus there would be little or no reason for them to need another II cabin and thus have little or no need to move you. Your thinking that there might be some shuffling after final payment is still a chance, so keep looking daily (and perhaps twice a day especially week after final payment is due) for something to open up. Waitlist and booking levels DO change, as right now Cat I. J. KK is not wailist, just GTY. Sorry I can't offer something more specific. :(

Karen,

Those double assignments are few and far between, and it is technically possible for you to get one....but bear in mind that II cabins are already on waitlist for your cruise and this is before final payment. Princess in not allowing any more bookings in your grade and thus there would be little or no reason for them to need another II cabin and thus have little or no need to move you. Your thinking that there might be some shuffling after final payment is still a chance, so keep looking daily (and perhaps twice a day especially week after final payment is due) for something to open up. Waitlist and booking levels DO change, as right now Cat I. J. KK is not wailist, just GTY. Sorry I can't offer something more specific. :(

Thanks, Cheryl. I will make sure to check twice daily after final payment. You just never know. I hear stories all the time about different upgrades for people. I just never know if their upgrade was done after they were already assigned a cabin. We normally always book the cabin we want, but our dumb fault for waiting too long to book this cruise. Final payment is due in two weeks, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Karen

I took everyone's advice and kept checking for available cabins on the Lido deck. Guess I was in the right place at the right time today because I checked and lo and behold, one Lido deck II was available today. I hurriedly called my TA and had us moved. Also had us marked no upgrade. So, I guess perserverance pays off. We would have been happy with the II on the Riviera deck, but really wanted the Lido. Thanks folks for all of your help. :)

Archived