When are you notified of port changes?

Cheryl Anne

This will be my first cruise Caribbean Princess 2/05/05 Eastern Caribbean. I have nticed many posts that the Princess Cays is not ready up to January 19, 2005. When and how do they notify you about the change. I have no life so I have been super researching the islands etc. I am going with 3rd and 4th time cruisers so I know it is going to be a real goooooood time. Kinda Girls night out 7 times.:eek:

I don't think there's a definite date by which you'll be notified about whether or not you're going to Princess Cays since it was totally destroyed by two hurricanes this fall. Once it's rebuilt, the beach imported and then everything inspected, it'll be ready. There have been too many rumors going around about when it'll be ready so it's best to not plan on it and then be pleasantly surprised if you do.

Cheryl Anne,

Our travel agent says that Princess has been consistently notifying her via email of port changes 10 days prior to sail date. Our port change showed up on Cruise Personalizer about 2 weeks prior.

With or without a stop at Princess Cays, I'm sure you'll have a great time with your friends! We leave on Sunday on the Star, yahoo!!

Mrs. Tiki

Please also remember that a port change can happen for many reasons. We have been told while on the ship just hours before we were to arrive in a certain port. Sea conditions always play a big part in arrival and visiting ports. Agreed, Princess Cays is a totally different matter, but if you read your cruise contract, they have the right to change, switch or cancel any port for almost any reason they deem.

Does anyone know what the alternate port for Princess Cays would be if Puerto Rico is already a planned port?

I just got back from the Star Princess and we went to Nassau instead of Princess Cays. From what I gathered from the ship's crew - the ship will only go to Nassau if there is space available to dock, if not - there would be an extra sea day.

How many ships can dock in Nassau? Because I checked cruisecal.com and there are currently six ships scheduled to be in port in Nassau on the day the Star is scheduled to be at princess cays. (Feb. 20 cruise) So if the island is not fixed do you think we might be able to go the Nassau? DH would prefer a port to another sea day.

Cheryl, we are on Dawn Princess Jan. 19 and the 29th. sailings. For about 2 weeks now, on the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess email site, it has said that Princess Cay is out, and Nassau is in place of it. We are getting in at 7AM and Leaving at Noon. So not much time there, but at least it is another port.

Just keep checking the Cruise Personalizer and this site you started. Good Luck.

I thought I read somewhere on here that Princess was substituting San Juan for Princess Cays on some sailings? Maybe that's an option if Nassau is full.

I think Nassau can handle up to six or eight ships. When we were there on the Sovereign of the Seas in 2003, we were docked with the Carnival Fascination, the Disney Wonder, the Explorer of the Seas, a Princess ship (not sure which one) and a Celebrity ship (also not sure which one).

Archived