Voyager Baltics

We've cruised 75 days on Regent. In our experiences, the Compass Rose menues, while always excellent, seem to be less so on the first and last nights of the cruise. The "best" menus seem to be on formal nights. So if we were sailing on your cruise (we've already done the Baltics--spectacular trip) we'd book the specialty restaurants on the first and last nights of the cruise. Pat

I agree with Island Cruiser in terms of the two nights when Compass Rose is not quite as excellent as normal. The two "best" nights, in my opinion, are the nights of the Captain's Reception (usually the 2nd night) and the Captain's Farewell (usually the 2nd to the last night). Some cruises do not have "Formal" nights -- so, this is another way to determine which nights you would want to make sure you dine in Compass Rose.

Agree with above about the "best" menus in Compass Rose. We try to book Signatures or Prime 7 for the first night of the cruise, and on the cruise we just finished, we had a great late dinner in La Veranda on the last night. It was strangely deserted, so we almost had an exclusive dining experience and lots of attention.

You never go wrong with Compass Rose, in my opinion, after many cruises with Regent. I just like go elsewhere if it is available, from night to night. I try everything available on the ship just once, usually, and spend the rest of my nights in CR.

This is exactly what this forum is intended to provide to members. Thanks for the input. This is in contrast to individuals bragging about their car purchases.....

The "car" thread was really meant to be funny. This month is the first time since I joined CC that there has been some humor on Regent:o

The "car" thread was really meant to be funny. This month is the first time since I joined CC that there has been some humor on Regent:o

What?? Did you miss the comedian in Stars Lounge last year? =)

I'd forget about trying to make a dining reservation before this particular cruise. We tried a few hours after the booking window opened & both restaurants were shown as full for each night.

I just looked again this morning & when I log in, it shows Prime 7 is full each night. It does not even show an option for Signatures.

We called Regent and they said that the system "shut down" and the restaurants are only about 20% booked. They also said there was nothing they could do & we would have to check when we get on the ship.

I predict if they have the same kind of people driving the ship that drive their website, we will run aground.

We are also booked on Voyager 7th August for the Baltic.

Itried to make our dining reservations on the day it should have opened for this cruise......interestingly it said all booked out.I rang Regent in UK as clearly it was still the middle of the night for our transatlantic cousins so was interested who had 'filled' all the places.........as said above was told the system was down and had been for some time and to ring back yesterday which I duly did...........still no joy.I was anxious to avoid standing in line for hrs on boarding as we did at christmas.I asked if they could fax/e-mail my requests direct to the Voyager....Nope!!!

They just advised 'keep checking'!

Chris and Sheila

Thanks for all the info. Before I wrote this thread I actually did make reservations for both Prime 7 and Signatures but had second thoughts about missing a better menu in CR on the second night out which is the informal night. I made the reservation at 12:10 AM EST in the US on July 7th. I was not aware of rez problem.

Cat, humor is where you find it.

Archived