renew vows on CCL?

Toni12345

Has anyone ever renewed their vows on CCL? Me and hubby going on our first vacation alone. We will be married 15 years this Sept. He is away from me right now, I'm in NC he's in NY due to the economy he went back to NY to work:( I would love to renew our vows and surprise him. Please let me know your thoughts and how to do it.. THANK YOU

I am not married but I can provide an answer for you...

From the Carnival FAQs...

Can I renew my marriage vows onboard?

spacer.gifYes! Say "I Do" all over again. Carnival Weddings provide Renewal of Marriage Vow ceremonies for couples already legally married.

Our Renewal of vow ceremonies are performed by the Ship's Captain during the cruise*. We can provide an intimate setting for two, or invite your friends and family for this special celebration, followed by a reception. Additional amenities also available.

The Renewal of Marriage Vows Ceremony is symbolic in nature and has no legal nor binding effect. Couples with different last names are required to furnish proof of marriage. *Arrangements for the time and location of the ceremony will be made onboard with the Group's Coordinator. We will be unable to grant requests to perform the ceremony on Embarkation days or Formal nights. It is understood and agreed that Carnival Cruise Lines and it's Ship's Captain(s) (collectively "Carnival") shall use their best efforts to accommodate requests for a particular time and location of the ceremony, however, should a circumstance arise whereby the Ship's Captain is unable to perform the ceremony, or the time and location of the ceremony must be changed, Carnival will neither reschedule the ceremony or it shall be conducted by another level of management at the sole discretion of Carnival. Carnival shall have no liability for any compensation or other damages to the wedding couple or any of their guests due to any change.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/vow_renewal.aspx

I hope it's a wonderful experience...

:)

Mach

We had looked into this option for our 25th anniversary last year. It was pretty expensive (imho). If we had a "group" celebrating with us, it would have been more cost efficient. We ended up renewing our vows privately, on our balcony.:cool::eek: But really - we re-read our vows, had a nice glass of wine. I surprised dh and had our cabin decorated (the bon voyage shop does a fantastic job) had a cake delivered to the cabin, and we just enjoyed each other's company. (we had a quad cabin with our teens - sent them on their way for the evening) If you don't have a balcony, there are plenty of private places on a ship you can celebrate and renew! We had no one "officiate" except the moon and stars and beautiful ocean. It was perfect!

My husband and I did this for our 10 year anniversary...not on Carnival but Princess. It was really nice....nicer than I thought it would be. I do not know what Carnival charges - but I thought it was reasonable 9 years ago (:eek:).

Have fun planning it and ENJOY!

I just did a search, and found the wedding vow renewal package (this price is from 2008) was $385. This included a 2-tier wedding cake, (feeds 8-10)a certificate of vow renewal, bottle of champagne, 2 engraved champage flutes, a short ceremony performed by the captain, and an 8 x 10 photo, with the opportunity to purchase more. Hope this helps!

We renewed our vows on the Freedom last year, it included all that pe4all mentioned above plus flowers, a bouquet for my wife and a rose for my lapel, they also decorated the table with petals.

The staff was great and I thought it was well worth it.

Pictures below Freedom with the kids

Papanh

Archived