Two more Canadian cruises disappear

buckirj1

Both 7 day October 2010 NE/Canada cruises are gone. That stinks:mad: Does anybody know if they've been cancelled and if so, what the replacement will be? Is the Glory scheduled for drydock? Looks like the last Canada run is September 25, 2010 with the next cruise on 10/17 to the Bahamas out of Norfolk.

With everything that is going on with the cruise lines and the changes they are making to cut cost. So as to not have to make most people go crazy by raising prices. They can't really afford to offer what might not be selling. If they can put the ship back down on a caribbean run and sail with more passagers, don't you think that is the best thing to do for their business.

I guess these type cruises are not selling because they cancelled our 9 day summer cruise 2009 to Canada. We were so disappointed. The only way I found out was I noticed they were no longer on the website.

Were you actually booked on this cruise or just planning to go on it? If you were booked and paid for it, I would be extremely upset too if they did not notify me about a cruise cancellation so we could get a refund or rebook on another cruise.

My DH and i were booked to go on the Glory June 10, 2010 to Quebec and we received a call last week informing us that the cruise was cancelled because there was not enough interest in it. I said "but it's a year away maybe there will be more interest when it comes closer" We did get a full refund and when we book another cruise we will receive an on board credit of $100 total. We didn't book yet but we just have to give them our old booking number when we do book. At least it was a year notice and not last minute cancellation.

I think I read on Cruise Critic News a few months ago, that this summer would be one of the best times to hit Alaska...due to the over saturation of cruise lines there. They pointed out that several lines are pulling out ships, because they were loosing money, renting for 75% less than what they were two years ago.

The article said to expect cruise prices to go up next Summer, as there would be less availability.

Looks like another article on Cruise Critic might turn out to be prophetic...

Thanks for the tip. I am in the 'early planning' stages of a family Alaska trip for Sept 2010. Any related tips appreciated!

~GG

I often see others post that they hope prices go down AFTER they book.

I have to admit...I take perverse pleasure in booking, and then watching prices go up 2-3x what I paid!;)

I often see others post that they hope prices go down AFTER they book.

I have to admit...I take perverse pleasure in booking, and then watching prices go up 2-3x what I paid!;)

Ditto!:D I have never had a price decrease.

despite huge saving s avail to our recent Alaskan cruise with NCL..the

ship still sailed way short of capacity..no crowds at all..:D

later on the ship we heard that they were 500 passenger s short of

capacity..

and we did nt even get a call from the upgrade fairy :mad:

I'm ok with it since I don't cruise to cruise home, however if all they are going to be offering is Caribbean, I sure do home they start offering up some different ports. One can only go to Cozumel so many times.

Other lines do a nice itin to that part of Canada...check it out. I like Carnival but if they can't give me what I want...I will find it elsewhere...or better yet, if they raise prices too much, I get to travel somewhere else that is not price gouging:D

Carnival are you listening?

Other lines do a nice itin to that part of Canada...check it out. I like Carnival but if they can't give me what I want...I will find it elsewhere...or better yet, if they raise prices too much, I get to travel somewhere else that is not price gouging:D Carnival are you listening?

I agree. I would love to go to Canada but the summer months when families can travel they don't do fun Canadian cruises. I want PEI during the summer months - not fall when families can't go. I'm sure there are other Anne Shirley fans out there.

If you will check with some of the other lines that Carnival owns you will see that they are still going to have the Canada cruise. The last time I checked Holland was doing the route. I think that you are going to see Carnival avoiding duplication where they can. If you think about it Carnival owns two of the lines with the biggest "presence" in Alaska... Princess and Holland. It makes sense that they don't move their Carnival brand boats from the profitable Caribbean to Alaska when they already have plenty of boats there. If you notice Carnival and RCCL are really the only two lines with multiple boats in the Caribbean in the summer. So many of the lines pull the bulk of their fleets to Europe, Alaska and the East Coast then.

OP here: sorry about the overly dramatic title. It just seems odd Carnival would cancel a cruise over a year away...and those cruises out of NY are consistently popular. I realize other lines offer NE/Canada cruises, but those other lines don't offer Carnival's value. It's ironic because not long ago there was an article stating that Canada was the next big cruise destination. Uh-huh.

OP here: sorry about the overly dramatic title. It just seems odd Carnival would cancel a cruise over a year away...and those cruises out of NY are consistently popular. I realize other lines offer NE/Canada cruises, but those other lines don't offer Carnival's value. It's ironic because not long ago there was an article stating that Canada was the next big cruise destination. Uh-huh.

FYI--this is the second time CCL has cancelled this itinerary..

I was booked for June 2009--cancelled

Then booked for 2010..cancelled...

If you are looking into going to Canada during the month of september the Queen Mary (cunard lines) just slashed their prices over 50%. A inside for a 7 night runs about $695.00 per person. I believe they run two and are called fall folliage cruises...

I wish I can go but I'm only off in the summer...

the ship has some positives and a few negatives compared to a Carnival Cruise.

FYI--this is the second time CCL has cancelled this itinerary..

I was booked for June 2009--cancelled

Then booked for 2010..cancelled...

update....my PVP did not know it was cancelled..till I called him about email received.....and I still did get get my deposit credited back to my credit card .... not the best customer service....

Archived