Radiance Room Choices - Need experienced help!

I am currently booked in JS 1044, but I have noticed that some other JS's have come available after final payment passed. Hopefully someone who knows the floor plans can help me choose.

Here are my new choices...

I am thinking about switching to 1544 or 1546, but I want to make sure I am making the right choice. Also... what is the blank space next to 1568?

Thanks!

I am currently booked in JS 1044, but I have noticed that some other JS's have come available after final payment passed. Hopefully someone who knows the floor plans can help me choose.

I am thinking about switching to 1544 or 1546, but I want to make sure I am making the right choice. Also... what is the blank space next to 1568?

Thanks!

I like 1546...close to the Atrium and elevators.

Thanks!

We've stayed in 1544 and 1546 and 1548..........these are all cabins midship and on the starboard side. Your current cabin, 1044, is on the port side, midship. Just depends on what side of the ship you prefer. We are just partial to starboard. All the JS cabins are the same except for which side of the room the bed is located.

There really is no blank space.......just the way the ship was put together.:)

We've stayed in 1544 and 1546 and 1548..........these are all cabins midship and on the starboard side. Your current cabin, 1044, is on the port side, midship. Just depends on what side of the ship you prefer. We are just partial to starboard. All the JS cabins are the same except for which side of the room the bed is located.

There really is no blank space.......just the way the ship was put together.:)

Thanks. I may switch just because of the adjoining room I have now.

Why do you prefer starboard? Just curious.

The "side" of the ship really makes no difference...there's no way to tell which way the ship will dock at any given port. And, while sailing, the views from each side are equally as good. I would take 1548--it's closest to the elevators!

Thanks. I may switch just because of the adjoining room I have now.

Why do you prefer starboard? Just curious.

I guess we just like starboard because when we get off the elevator or come up/down the stairs we know which way to turn.:D

I think you will like either 1544 or 1546.

The "side" of the ship really makes no difference...there's no way to tell which way the ship will dock at any given port. And, while sailing, the views from each side are equally as good. I would take 1548--it's closest to the elevators!

I have to disagree with you. On our April b2b cruise from Buenos Aries to Valparaiso and then Valparaiso to San Diego we wanted to be on the land side going along the coast. This is true of other itineraries as well.

You are correct as the ship does not always dock on the port side.

The OP didn't list 1548 as an option, so I don't think it's available.

I guess we just like starboard because when we get off the elevator or come up/down the stairs we know which way to turn.:D

I think you will like either 1544 or 1546.

I have to disagree with you. On our April b2b cruise from Buenos Aries to Valparaiso and then Valparaiso to San Diego we wanted to be on the land side going along the coast. This is true of other itineraries as well.

You are correct as the ship does not always dock on the port side.

The OP didn't list 1548 as an option, so I don't think it's available.

I just found out 1548 IS available, so I jumped on it. I am curious about the thick wall between it and the GS next door. Are there any noticeable differences? Thanks for all of the help!

I just found out 1548 IS available, so I jumped on it. I am curious about the thick wall between it and the GS next door. Are there any noticeable differences? Thanks for all of the help!

In our 12 cruises on Radiance we have had cabin 1548 4 times. It is the best cabin on the ship as it is the closest to the Centrum. Though, 1546 and 1544 are also great.

It really isn't a thick wall between cabin 1548 and 1550..........it just looks that way on the deck plans. There are no noticeable differences that we ever saw.....and it never prevented us from having a wonderful cruise.

• 11 months later...

We were in cabin 1576 on Jewel just last week. There was definately some noise from above at various times during the day and evening. Not enough to wake us up at night, but it was certainly loud enough that you could hear them moving around upstairs. Also we could hear the people in the cabin next to ours (snoring and doing *other* things)... We did not notice this problem on our last trip on the Explorer.

Archived