Bringing wine onboard

Frankie Sue

We are thinking of of cruising with Princess and I would like to know if there is a restriction on how many bottles of wine you may bring onboard or if there is a corking fee to bring wine onboard.

A new Princess cruiser (maybe)........

We are thinking of of cruising with Princess and I would like to know if there is a restriction on how many bottles of wine you may bring onboard or if there is a corking fee to bring wine onboard.

Technically you are allowed to bring aboard one bottle/PP but some folks find ways to take more. The corkage fee only comes into play if you bring your own wine to the diningroom.

The Passage Contract does not state any limit on the number of bottles of wine carried on.

Until you get some security person who won't let you through with more than two. Let someone who's "been there" tell you about it. It really depends on port of embarkation.

Would we be able to bring one of those boxes of white zin on board and just keep in our frig for drinking in our room only??? We will be on the Emerald sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. We live in Florida so can tote the box on the bus with us??

What do you think?? I guess if they said no, we wouldn't be out much money.

Would we be able to bring one of those boxes of white zin on board and just keep in our frig for drinking in our room only??? We will be on the Emerald sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. We live in Florida so can tote the box on the bus with us??

Shouldn't be a problem. We embarked in Ft. Lauderdale and took a box without any problems.

No problem carrying it on

We just got off the Island going from Vancouver to Whittier and we took 4 bottles of wine in our carry-on. We made no effort to hide what it was and no one said a word. Like the other poster said, the corkage fee only applies when you take the wine to the dining room. And it is applied sparingly there. Of the four bottles we took to the dining room, we only got charged for 2 corkage fees. Nothing like a chilled bottle on the balcony.:)

Enjjoy, Kenn

We carried six bottles on board the Golden in May, in a nylon wine tote. It never occurred to me to try to "hide" the bottles in a suitcase. We consumed five of the bottles in the dining room, but were charged the corkage fee only twice. Our lovely dining steward was tipped extra accordingly.

Below are the rules on the PCL website (should the embarkation personel wish to enforce them)

Alcohol Policy

Alcohol purchased at any port of call, including the port of embarkation, may not be consumed onboard. It will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your cruise, prior to your disembarkation. You may bring wine or champagne onboard to celebrate special occasions (limit: one bottle per person). If consumed in the dining rooms or alternative restaurants, each bottle will be subject to a $15 corkage fee*.

Archived