What is your Relaxation Ritual?

BroncosFan2010

• 2 weeks later...

I picture myself sitting on my balcony, watching the waves and the world go by. I do this every now and then between cruises. Then, as I pack, I just get to my "happy place" and there is less stress in packing. I also retreat to my "happy place" while at the airport - thus no stress threre. After boarding the ship (the earlier the better) I head to the Windjammer for lunch, find my dining table assignment, then head to my cabin for my first peak of my balcony; just to make sure it is real. By the time sail away arrives, I let out a big sigh, everything is right with the world. Perfection, at least for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a cruise playlist on my iPod. I love to listen to it while sitting out on the balcony watching the ocean.

I loaded a beginning meditation podcast on my IPOD and found it to be extremely relaxing when combined with the sea air on the balcony~

Jennifer

PS: Which Bronco's are you talkin about?

I'm actually worried about being able to relax. I never rest on vacation, I'm always in GO GO GO mode, don't want to miss ANYTHING... drives her nuts! I keep hoping once I surrender myself to the sea I'll realize that there is only so much one can do on a ship and get some good R&R... until we hit the first port and we have 4 port days in a row!

I'm actually worried about being able to relax. I never rest on vacation, I'm always in GO GO GO mode, don't want to miss ANYTHING... drives her nuts! I keep hoping once I surrender myself to the sea I'll realize that there is only so much one can do on a ship and get some good R&R... until we hit the first port and we have 4 port days in a row!

Sounds like me! I drive DH nuts! The key is to go on a LONG cruise!

I listen to cruising music on my Ipod while waiting to board the ship. Once I'm on I do grab a celabratory drink then I go to my cabin & see if it's ready put ALL of the distracting electronic gadgets away like cell phone and anything else. I take a walk around the ship to familarize myself with the ship & plan my days activites after the muster drill.

I have a cruise playlist on my iPod. I love to listen to it while sitting out on the balcony watching the ocean.

I never thought of doing this. Great idea! What kind of music do you put on your playlists?

My relaxation seems to go in steps.

Arriving at the terminal

Getting on board

Lunch

Sailaway

That point where you see no land

Good night's rest

Melting away in the sun the next day to the hum of the engines

• 4 weeks later...
My relaxation seems to go in steps.

Arriving at the terminal

Getting on board

Lunch

Sailaway

That point where you see no land

Good night's rest

Melting away in the sun the next day to the hum of the engines

It is rather nice to have your 1st day aboard be the day at sea.

sometimes we will get a couples massage to put us in the mood. Just being away from our home with good scenery does it for us too. But me put me on my balcony with a bottle of Jim Beam and a Bottle of Coke and I am a happy man sitting there with my wonderful wife watching the sea go by.

:D

sometimes we will get a couples massage to put us in the mood. Just being away from our home with good scenery does it for us too. But me put me on my balcony with a bottle of Jim Beam and a Bottle of Coke and I am a happy man sitting there with my wonderful wife watching the sea go by.

:D

I could never convince DH to do couples massage. He would not want a man touching him, and I would not want a woman touching him! :p

I usually try to pack a couple of weeks ahead of time, so at least that is not adding to my stress...

We both have high stress jobs (or at least we both did until my partner got laid off last week)...:mad:

We always take a trip to the local Borders or Barnes and Noble a few days ahead of time and buy the books that will come with us...

We like finding a place by the quieter pool in the shade and we hang out there, listening to music on our iPods, reading our books....

We also try to book a spa treatment sometime during the trip...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived