Addicted - Next Cruise

Now that I am official not a first time cruiser, I am so focused on planning our next cruise. But I don't want to fly, and prefer to leave out of NYC. We loved the Miracle and would not mind sailing on her again, but next year she is doing the same sail. Any suggestions on what we can do. We are a young couple in our mid 30's still who still love to have fun, party, dance and all that stuff (we are New Yorkers), and our son who is 8 may come with us. Either way can you help???!!!:confused::confused::confused::(

I LOVE going out of NYC (quick train ride from NJ).

Ships that sail from NY besides Miracle (LOVED it in May) are Carnival Triumph to Canada--various itineraries and # of nights (doing that in 3 weeks), PRINCESS out of Brooklyn. Norwegian sails out of NY too with various itins during various months.

Out of Bayonne are Royal Caribbean, and next year Celebrity's back.

We do still fly to FL to catch a Caribbean cruise in the fall though.

Seems that sailing from NY is more $$ but balances out once you pay to fly anywhere else.

ENJOY!

Love the Miracle. How is RCCl and all the others would we have fun. How are the activities. The miracle has spoiled me and what I want in a cruise. I am still on a cruise high, and I think I am getting on my husbands nerve because all I talk about is the cruise and wanting a baby. He said I cannot have both.

Now that I am official not a first time cruiser, I am so focused on planning our next cruise. But I don't want to fly, and prefer to leave out of NYC. We loved the Miracle and would not mind sailing on her again, but next year she is doing the same sail. Any suggestions on what we can do. We are a young couple in our mid 30's still who still love to have fun, party, dance and all that stuff (we are New Yorkers), and our son who is 8 may come with us. Either way can you help???!!!:confused::confused::confused::(

The Miracle is a beautiful ship. Book the same cruise next year. This time do different excursions in the ports of call. It's the same, but, it's not. We have been to Cozumel 5 times and have yet to do the same excursion. Slowly but surely we are getting to see the entire island. Another option would be to drive to Baltimore and sail on the Pride. Either way you can't go wrong. Good luck and have a great cruise whichever way you choose.:)

we did our second cruise on the same ship as the first but not same itinery. ithink it was a bad idea.had a great time but the whats around that corner freshness was not there .ships sail out of boston not all that far from new york .

We've done most of our cruising from NY and gone to Bermuda several times on different cruise lines and obviously we luv the place.:) Next year we going with a CC Group on the Miracle in May and can't wait to go!:D If you're looking for a return trip; checkout the info in my signature below.:cool:And remember, being a cruise addict is a good thing!;)

and I think I am getting on my husband's nerve

because all I talk about is the cruise and wanting a baby.

He said I cannot have both.

Husband is right.

Go for the cruise -much less expensive, especially in the long run

and not even half as much work as a baby! :D

Lol i totally understand what your going through... i havent even been on my 1st cruise yet and im looking to book another. I was looking at baltimore salings. about 3-4 hr drive from new york. and $70 RT bus tickets if you dont want to drive. im personally going to drive to Bmore. But then again i love flying so most of my sailings are going to be from Florida lol

That is a thought. Bus to Baltimore. I wonder how far the port is and how far do I have to bus in. Does anyone know about Princess crusie line or any other cruise line. We may have to bring our son with us. we like to have fun and party. Can we party on the other ships, We are still young

Try NCL...they sail out of NY as well. I totally enjoy both lines and as a matter of fact have enjoyed my NCL cruises possibly a bit more than my CCL ones :)

RCCL also has sailings out of Bayonne ...don't limit yourself.

I know I should not limit myself, but I am afraid to fly at this point in my life and I loved how easy it was to get to the port before and after sailing. Baltimore and Jersey would be fine. I see RCCL is a bit more expensive and their oceanview looks a bit smaller than CCL. I looked at princess but was not sure about the ages on board. CCL had a variety. Bring on the advice. I loved your advice before which help me choose our first cruise and it was a wise choice. I am counting you family

I know I should not limit myself, but I am afraid to fly at this point in my life and I loved how easy it was to get to the port before and after sailing. Baltimore and Jersey would be fine. I see RCCL is a bit more expensive and their oceanview looks a bit smaller than CCL. I looked at princess but was not sure about the ages on board. CCL had a variety. Bring on the advice. I loved your advice before which help me choose our first cruise and it was a wise choice. I am counting you family

The Dream sails out of NYC in November.

All my past cruises were out of NY, but I didnt want to do the Eastern Carribean again (did it 3 times), so this was my first time I went out of Tampa, it was great we (10 of us) did the western carribean and it was fantastic, we were on the Legend july 12-19.

That is a thought. Bus to Baltimore. I wonder how far the port is and how far do I have to bus in. Does anyone know about Princess crusie line or any other cruise line. We may have to bring our son with us. we like to have fun and party. Can we party on the other ships, We are still young

The port is right near the heart of town - the heart of Baltimore is the inner harbor. If you go there, especially if you have kids, you need to make time to see the aquarium - it is fabulous. hey have a nice children's museum too. Also, if anyone is a baseball fan, the Orioles staduim is right there too. I think there are lots of hotels that offer park and ride, so if it was me, I would opt for that rather than the bus.

I love NCL as much as Carnival. They have cruises on the Dawn to Bermuda which is great fun. I love the Dawn. Great ship.Their cruises are the same price point as Carnival. Good luck with the cruise bug. We have had it since 2002. No cure for it.:p

Archived