Weather in October?

elaineb

We are planning a cruise next October 9th. I don't do well in sun and extreme heat, so thought this might be a good time for me. Has anyone cruised the Greek Isles around that time and what is it like? Also how were the seas? Thanks in advance.

Nice weather temperature-wise, although be aware that if your cruise is going to Delos/Mykonos, the spring is the best time because the seas can get a bit choppy in that area in the fall and the tenders will not be able to run.

We missed both last September due to rough seas, but the sea was like glass in early June when we returned this year, a major reason why we chose to cruise then rather than the fall, my usual top choice for vacationing because of the cooler temperatures.

Nice weather temperature-wise, although be aware that if your cruise is going to Delos/Mykonos, the spring is the best time because the seas can get a bit choppy in that area in the fall and the tenders will not be able to run.

We missed both last September due to rough seas, but the sea was like glass in early June when we returned this year, a major reason why we chose to cruise then rather than the fall, my usual top choice for vacationing because of the cooler temperatures.

Wow, I would really hate to miss Mykonos. That's why I'm leaning towards this cruise because it has both Mykonos and Santorini. We could put it off until Spring 2011......:(

Wow, I would really hate to miss Mykonos. That's why I'm leaning towards this cruise because it has both Mykonos and Santorini. We could put it off until Spring 2011......:(

There should not be any problem with Santorini, but apparently Delos/Mykonos are missed a bit in the fall. You can search the Med thread and see the number of times it was mentioned as missed from August through October last fall, but, of course, the posts are all anecdotal and I do not know how you could get actual percentages.

Archived