IAH to Galveston and where to stay in Galveston?

Apologies if this has been asked a hundred times before. Wife and I are flying to IAH Friday day after Thanksgiving 11/27, arriving 8am. Leaving on RCCL Voyager Saturday, 11/28 @ 5pm. Would like to enjoy some recommended highlights of Galveston, and stay near cruise port if possible. Would appreciate your recommended hotel that provides shuttle to the port. Also advice on transportation for 2 from IAH and return trip on Sunday 12/5. Always appreciate the valuable info shared on these boards!

Apologies if this has been asked a hundred times before. Wife and I are flying to IAH Friday day after Thanksgiving 11/27, arriving 8am. Leaving on RCCL Voyager Saturday, 11/28 @ 5pm. Would like to enjoy some recommended highlights of Galveston, and stay near cruise port if possible. Would appreciate your recommended hotel that provides shuttle to the port. Also advice on transportation for 2 from IAH and return trip on Sunday 12/5. Always appreciate the valuable info shared on these boards!

Most of the hotels that I am familiar with are on the Seawall. I know for a fact that the Hilton and the Holiday Inn Resort at 5200 Seawall will let you leave your car there for free and will provide you with a shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. One of my favorite things about Galveston is you can't get lost. Seawall on one side and the Harbor on the other. If you haven't been there before, you might want to check out The Spot. It is a lot of fun, casual and has an awesome view of the gulf. The Spot is located on 3300 Seawall (about) you can't miss it. The Harbor House is a very nice hotel and is within walking distance to the cruise terminal, slightly pricey and parking your car there is no free. I believe I read on one of the threads it is $20 dollars for the week, not bad at all. I hope this helped!

... Also advice on transportation for 2 from IAH and return trip on Sunday 12/5...

Here are some recent threads that may help:

Houston to Galveston http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=982455

Getting from IAH to Galveston http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1014245

Galveston Car Rentals http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1002348

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Holiday Inn I believe provides a shuttle to the port as well.

For your purposes, since you dont need cruise parking, you could even check out hotwire. At most you wouldnt be more than about 5 miles from the port, so a taxi is pretty cheap no matter where you book.

• 3 months later...

I fully agree on the recommendation for The Spot. We always stop at the Spot for a burger, we have stayed at several different hotels and enjoyed the Galvez very much if you can get a good rate. It's an older hotel with smallish rooms, but very historical and wonderful ambiance.

Archived