Post cruise excursion from FLL

choochella

So, this is new to us. We have some time to kill after disembarking our cruise this year. (Thanks AirTrans for changing our flight :() Anyway, we were looking into doing a ship board excursion post cruise.

When you do this, can you leave your luggage somewhere safe? I am assuming you meet your excursion driver at the port, correct? Do they then return you to port to pick up your luggage and continue on to the airport? All new to us, so pardon all the questions.

Karen

So, this is new to us. We have some time to kill after disembarking our cruise this year. (Thanks AirTrans for changing our flight :() Anyway, we were looking into doing a ship board excursion post cruise.

When you do this, can you leave your luggage somewhere safe? I am assuming you meet your excursion driver at the port, correct? Do they then return you to port to pick up your luggage and continue on to the airport? All new to us, so pardon all the questions.

Karen

The post cruise excursion buses are right at the pier. Your luggage goes right along with you in the bottom of the bus, so it is secured. After the tour, they drop you off at the airport, you do not go back to the port.

Not sure when your flight leaves, but they have different lengths of tours depending on your flight times and if you are flying out of FLL or Miami.

Thanks, everyone. I knew I could count on you. We'll take a look when the excursions open up.

Just a little FYI. The post cruise excursions from Fort Lauderdale will not usually show up on the shore excursion list online. You will be sent a flyer to your stateroom about half way through your cruise so you can take a look and sign up for one. They have a minimum that need to book these for them to occur, which has never seemed to be a problem before. But you sign up for them onboard, not before, as with the regular excursions.

Yes to the above , you will sign up while on board ship. Last Fall we disembarked in FLL and took the Land and water excursion and enjoyed it very much. You tour by boat around the waterways and get great veiws of beautiful homes by the water. We hope to try one of the other tours this October when we disembark in FLL. (depending on our flight time)

Thanks, folks. Guess I should have looked here before I went to my personalizer. The shore excursions just opened today. I did see where nothing was offered online. So, guess we'll check it out onboard.

Thanks again!

Karen

You do not have to wait to review the available tours. They're displayed on Princess's web site. Not all the listed tours may be offered on your cruise, but it's a good guideline.

If the following link doesn,t work, simply go thru a faux booking procedure.

http://www.princess.com/pb/shorexDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=3007&tourCode=&resType=C&departurePort=&noOfCruiseDays=&noOfTourDays=&travelOrder=&noOfPax=2&shipId=KP&shipName=Crown+Princess&co=US&productCode=CWC070&departureDate=Feb+06%2C+2010&productDesc=Western+Caribbean+-+Roundtrip+Ft.+Lauderdale+++++

You do not have to wait to review the available tours. They're displayed on Princess's web site. Not all the listed tours may be offered on your cruise, but it's a good guideline.

If the following link doesn,t work, simply go thru a faux booking procedure.

http://www.princess.com/pb/shorexDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=3007&tourCode=&resType=C&departurePort=&noOfCruiseDays=&noOfTourDays=&travelOrder=&noOfPax=2&shipId=KP&shipName=Crown+Princess&co=US&productCode=CWC070&departureDate=Feb+06%2C+2010&productDesc=Western+Caribbean+-+Roundtrip+Ft.+Lauderdale+++++

I actually did that the other day before our excursions were available. I did see a few available, but not too many except the waterway tours, and air boat tour. I'm not sure if there are more than those, but we'll check it out when onboard.

Be aware they may not be available to book (or even learn about) until several days into the cruise.

We'll make sure to keep checking. I'm sure these are offered at the shore excursion desk?

I actually did that the other day before our excursions were available. I did see a few available, but not too many except the waterway tours, and air boat tour. I'm not sure if there are more than those, but we'll check it out when onboard.

The listed tours are about it. The Everglades air boat might be a good option. Different, anyway. :)

Any tour would be better than spending the day at the airport. You could also miss the long lines when there are multiple ships in port. The hordes oughtta be creared out by early afternoon.

Last cruise I used express disembarkation because I had a relatively early, 10:30AM, flight. I was at the airport by 7:30! That was a long three hour wait. There's a Starbucks in the gate area. I don't care for their coffee, but a Frappucino with a muffin was good.

Archived