Warnemunde to Schwerin by rail.

Hi Heinbold,

Sorry for the last minute request but you are the guru of travels from the Warnemunde port.

We are a group of 3 adults & an 11 yr old. Based on all the posts, I've read --- We'd like to follow your advise to go from Warnemunde to Scherwin & Lubeck. We will be arriving on Wed. June 29th at 9am - 11:59pm on the Celebrity Constellation.

I have been reading as many as your previous post and your blog as possible. I have read and studied your information about train tickets. However, to be totally comfortable, we would greatly appreciate a detailed Train time with platforms from Warnemunde to Scherwin & Lubeck. I know you have previously posted this however, it was in 2009 and I'm afraid times and platforms may have changed.

I hope you have time to help us! Thanks so much in advance.

Hi Heinbold' date='

Sorry for the last minute request but you are the guru of travels from the Warnemunde port.

We are a group of 3 adults & an 11 yr old. Based on all the posts, I've read --- We'd like to follow your advise to go from Warnemunde to Scherwin & Lubeck. We will be arriving on Wed. June 29th at 9am - 11:59pm on the Celebrity Constellation.

I have been reading as many as your previous post and your blog as possible. I have read and studied your information about train tickets. However, to be totally comfortable, we would greatly appreciate a detailed Train time with platforms from Warnemunde to Scherwin & Lubeck. I know you have previously posted this however, it was in 2009 and I'm afraid times and platforms may have changed.

I hope you have time to help us! Thanks so much in advance.[/quote']

Do not worry.

The general schedule frame kept all the year the same incl. platform.

In Warnemünde leaves from various platforms. But there is a display like

2010RostockWarnemuendeA12-vi.jpg

So when you enter the platform area from the cruise port side you will see this display showing the next train departure and platform.

Rostock to Schwerin or Bad Kleinen (transfer point to Lübeck) - normally from platform 6

Schwerin to Bad Kleinen (transfer point to Lübeck) or Rostock - normally from platform 2

Bad Kleinen to Lübeck - normally from platform 3 or 4 (odd hours 4 - even hours 3) but the station has only 4 platforms - there is not so much you can make wrong.

Lübeck to Bad Kleinen (transfer point to Rostock/Schwerin) - normally from platform 1

Bad Kleinen to Rostock - normally from platform 2

Bad Kleinen to Schwerin - VARIES - so you must always check the displays and departure board.

Rostock - Warnemünde - same.

Hope it helps:

Check http://www.bahn.de (you can change to English). Warnemünde is Warnemünde just ignore the warning and confirm.

Regards from New Hampshire

HeinBloed

Just got back from Europe and wanted to say thanks again for all the great information on how to get from Warnemunde to Scherwin and walking directions to find the palace. We had a fantastic day and everything went so smoothly. It was an inexpensive day trip that we will cherish. I don't know why more people don't try it, easy and beautiful. Thanks again, this is an invaluable service. Oh, and my family recommends the Kartuffel Haus for a delicious lunch, just up the street from the palace.

Do not worry.

The general schedule frame kept all the year the same incl. platform.

In Warnemünde leaves from various platforms. But there is a display like

2010RostockWarnemuendeA12-vi.jpg

So when you enter the platform area from the cruise port side you will see this display showing the next train departure and platform.

Rostock to Schwerin or Bad Kleinen (transfer point to Lübeck) - normally from platform 6

Schwerin to Bad Kleinen (transfer point to Lübeck) or Rostock - normally from platform 2

Bad Kleinen to Lübeck - normally from platform 3 or 4 (odd hours 4 - even hours 3) but the station has only 4 platforms - there is not so much you can make wrong.

Lübeck to Bad Kleinen (transfer point to Rostock/Schwerin) - normally from platform 1

Bad Kleinen to Rostock - normally from platform 2

Bad Kleinen to Schwerin - VARIES - so you must always check the displays and departure board.

Rostock - Warnemünde - same.

Hope it helps:

Check http://www.bahn.de (you can change to English). Warnemünde is Warnemünde just ignore the warning and confirm.

Regards from New Hampshire

HeinBloed

Another quick question, Heinbold.

Given our cruise information, where would you suggest we go first --- Schwerin or Lubeck?

BTW, your blog on all the cities have been INVALUABLE and immensely helpful. You are doing such a wonderful & generous service to independent travelers.

Thanks so much!!! =)

Another quick question' date=' Heinbold.

Given our cruise information, where would you suggest we go first --- Schwerin or Lubeck?

BTW, your blog on all the cities have been INVALUABLE and immensely helpful. You are doing such a wonderful & generous service to independent travelers.

Thanks so much!!! =)[/quote']

GENERALLY:

longest distance first...

In case of any trouble you have the shorter distance back to the ship and it takes out pressure.

Regards

HeinBloed

So here: first Lübeck and then Schwerin and then back to Warnemünde...

Has also something to do that with schedule:

Lübeck to Schwerin is every hour the service. So bottle neck is always Bad Kleinen - Rostock which is every 2 hours.

GENERALLY:

longest distance first...

In case of any trouble you have the shorter distance back to the ship and it takes out pressure.

Regards

HeinBloed

So here: first Lübeck and then Schwerin and then back to Warnemünde...

Has also something to do that with schedule:

Lübeck to Schwerin is every hour the service. So bottle neck is always Bad Kleinen - Rostock which is every 2 hours.

Thank you so much, Heinbloed, for your prompt replies! I am very excited to try out the German transport and see the wonderful sites. YAY! =D

Thank you so much' date=' Heinbloed, for your prompt replies! I am very excited to try out the German transport and see the wonderful sites. YAY! =D[/quote']

Prompt reply = currently in MA... tomorrow in CO and CA... so same time zone...

Wonderful sites = with my cruising I like to discover the bigger things in each port maybe that's why I cannot stand on the small things around and willing to go further (like next cruise I want to see Angkor Wat and not staying in Sihanoukville...).

German transport = I doing rough annually 17,000 miles on rail... so quite familiar how it works and studied transport management/logistics and started in public transport before I went to cargo transport.

And I love to get the most of now...

So have a safe trip in Europe.

Regards and Good Night from Boston

HeinBloed

Archived