Greek Isles Weather

Beachbum1944

Was looking at the weather in the Greek Isles for this week. Hot and very windy. Is it always windy like this? (10 to 35). We will be cruising early July next year.

you never know what weather will meet next year... normally, July is the more hot month in Greece (this weekend we waiting over 115 degrees in some places)... This week we have strong winds (over 35 miles) but the weekend stop the wind and start 2 very hot days and Monday maybe we have some rains:cool:

you never know what weather will meet next year... normally, July is the more hot month in Greece (this weekend we waiting over 115 degrees in some places)... This week we have strong winds (over 35 miles) but the weekend stop the wind and start 2 very hot days and Monday maybe we have some rains:cool:

Fafos,

What is the weather usually like in late April? We are cruising the last week of April.

Thanks,

Kim

Fafos,

What is the weather usually like in late April? We are cruising the last week of April.

Thanks,

Kim

Normally, is the best time for visit Greece.. temps are between 65-80 degrees with nice sunshine, normal wind, but some times we have rains...

fafos - love your page about your next cruise. LOADS of info.

So is april a better time or aug for weather? We are looking at aug of 2010.

August maybe you meet strong winds special at Mykonos and Santorini and all ports (except Athens) are crowded...

April, May and first days of June are more easy with normal temps but as I've write maybe you have some rainy days...

if you want swimming best months are June and first days of September...

thanks about your feedback:)

Normally, is the best time for visit Greece.. temps are between 65-80 degrees with nice sunshine, normal wind, but some times we have rains...

Sounds great! Thanks for posting.

August maybe you meet strong winds special at Mykonos and Santorini and all ports (except Athens) are crowded...

April, May and first days of June are more easy with normal temps but as I've write maybe you have some rainy days...

if you want swimming best months are June and first days of September...

thanks about your feedback:)

The strong winds starting in late July through September make Delos and Mykonos in particular iffy ports that time of year, which is a major reason we went at the beginning of June this year, so as not to miss those ports as we did miss them both last September. There are many old posts about this problem. Early June worked out great, both for the calmness of the seas, and much more mild temperatures, with some nice light breezes so we baked at lot less than last September.

Enjoy your trip!

Ah April in Greece! It may not be warm enough to swim in the ocean, but it is delightful, I can attest to that. I've also been there near the end of May, early June, and it is nice too, but getting hot by then. Fewer tourists as well.

We are excited! :D:)

We will be there starting 7/3/10. The heat dosen't bother me, but I hope we don't have those 35 mph winds. Very much looking forward to this cruise.

first days of July are easy... you don't have problem with winds..

Was looking at the weather in the Greek Isles for this week. Hot and very windy. Is it always windy like this? (10 to 35). We will be cruising early July next year.

Normally in July it will be very hot in Greek Isles bring plenty of sun screen!

Archived