Alternate dinner on Mercury.

gsarnow

When we take our cruise to Alaska, we will not be able to get back on the ship for the early dining the day we are in Ketchikan. Is there somewhere else on the ship where we can eat when we get back?

I favor the sushi bar, however, there is also alternative casual dining at the Palm Springs Cafe. The alternative dining features a full waitstaff and the same menu as the Manhatan Dining Room. For the alternative dining in the Palm Springs Cafe you will need to make a reservation. Addtionally there is the buffet at the Palm Springs Cafe and Pizza, Pasta and Salads at Palms Spring Grill, just outside by the aft pool

When did they start serving the same menu in the alternative casual dining? We did a Celebrity cruise in Jan this year and the menu for the alternative casual dining was not the same as the main dining room at all.

Hi,:) alternative dining is available (as the above posters mentioned).

It is casual, but you are served on linen, off a menu that has about

3 entree choices....appetizer and dessert are on there too:)

(not the same menu as the main dining room).

Sushi and Pizza/Pasta are also available.

Enjoy Mercury:)

If you speak with the Maitre d' ahead of time, you will most likely be able to arrange a table during late seating.

DH and I did this knowing we would be too late for early dining after an excursion to Taxco out of Acapulco. We were even 'late' for late seating, so did not have appetizers or soup to help out the waiter despite his protests.

We tipped Herman (the waiter) very, VERY well and filled out an 'Attention To Detail' card about him and the Maitre d' at Guest Services to further complement their helpfulness in accomodating us.

We were repeatedly told that it was no problem, and done frequently.

Have a great time in Ketchikan....make sure you get to Creek Street!

Marlee

Thank you all for your help. I will definitely try to arrange to get a late seating that night because my daughter requires a special diet...Sometime it is amazing to get answers from people on this board. You are all so helpful!

Archived