Most fun 3 or 4 day cruise.....

My family and I want to take a precruise to our cruise....lol.... we want to go on a 3 or 4 day cruise, but I can't decide which is best... :(

(out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale)

What cruiseline is the cheapest/most fun for kids?

What cruise ship would you recomment for a 3 or 4 day cruise?

Which did you find more fun going to the Bahamas or there is one that goes to the keys and then mexico?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Believe it or not, you will often find the four day to be less expensive than the three. I think this is because more people book the three because they can take less time off work. I have done a couple of fours, but only one three. I found the three very unsatisfying...Get on and sail late afternoon, in port next day....the next day at sea, and everyone seemed to be desperately trying to do everything and have a good time...Actually working at it...Not relaxing at all. Go for the four.

Have only done the short ones on Carnival, from Jacksonville and Port Canaveral. (My one night CTN on NCL doesn't count). EM

For our first "short cruise", we took a 3 day on Carnival Fantasy out of Florida.

The next one we went on was Carnival Sensation.

I would def. recommend using Carnival, and leaving somewhere from Florida.

They have some awesome deals from there.

My oldest daughter and I went on a 4 night out of miami on majesty of the seas (RRCL) we had a ball !!!.My daughter and I thought wow to their children's programs on board.My daughter thought that next time she would bring her son's along with us. They had the children do a little skit right before one of the main shows. It was so cute. Kids seem to really have a great time on this ship.

Thanks all for your help!!.... We decided to just drive to key west for a mini vacation before my oldest goes back to school and for my husband's birthday.... We live in South Florida so it's not too bad of a drive..... it was hard to find a cheap hotel near Duval st... My husband wants to go to Fort Jefferson at the Dry Tortugas.... I have lived in Florida my whole life and this is only the 2nd time I have been there.... The first time we were there only for a night....

I have to wait for a half a year to go on our cruise....:( lol.....I have absolutely no patience....

The best 3/4 day cruise is on RCL's Majesty of the Seas out of Miami, which hits CocoCay (their private island) and Nassau. Carnival does not do a private island stop, and NCLs private island (right next to CocoCay) does not have as many ammenities.

The kids will have a blast at the CocoCay water park, and will also enjoy the Atlantis water park.

Archived