Please Let's Thank Kween Karen's HAL Angel.....

sail7seas

We have all been following Karen's stressful story and have worried so for her getting the TA to forward her payment to HAL.

Throughout the whole saga, Karen kept telling us how wonderful the not named lady at HAL has been in helping her.

I think most of us who have followed this story would agree Karen's story would not have ended happily without the huge assistance of the lady at HAL who helped her all week.

Let's all send a giant Thank You to her for such outstanding work and her successful result.

Thank you, Ma'am, whoever you are. :)

I have always said that for us, HAL is 'all about the people'.

You should be Seattle's Employee of the Month!

What a wonderful thread, Sail. Absolutely agree. Perhaps Karen can link this thread to let Seattle know what a sterling employee they have.

Kudos to our mystery lady, for going above and beyond!

This just reconfirms that which we HAL Mariners know...the people who work for HAL (in any capacity) are caring, compassionate, efficient, and certainly go above and beyond the "signature of excellence". It's the service and attitude and helpfulness of HAL employees that keep us coming back.

The lady in Seattle who guided and helped Karen through the entire fiasco deserves a very special award (maybe a free world cruise with all tours and OBC paid for? :)).

I agree completely.

The mark of a great company is not always that they do everything right, its how they handle situations where things have gone wrong. HAL was presented the opportunity to really screw this up or show a desire to go to bat for their guests. Thrilled to see they chose the latter. How easy would it have been for this employee to say, "we didn't receive all of the monies owed us, too bad for you"? And legally they would have been correct, but instead they took full advantage of the chance to show Karen what fantastic customer service looks like. This can only help HAL.

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, noble Holland America miracle worker!:)

I'm convinced that the n'er-do-well travel agency had only a limited amount of cash on hand, and that you made them shake some loose.

I agree with all the comments and suggestions. The wonderful HAL customer service lady was just great and a tribute to HAL! I also hope that Dutch sees this and forwards the compliments to the main office.:):)

I agree completely.

The mark of a great company is not always that they do everything right, its how they handle situations where things have gone wrong. HAL was presented the opportunity to really screw this up or show a desire to go to bat for their guests. Thrilled to see they chose the latter. How easy would it have been for this employee to say, "we didn't receive all of the monies owed us, too bad for you"? And legally they would have been correct, but instead they took full advantage of the chance to show Karen what fantastic customer service looks like. This can only help HAL.

This sums the situation up so nicely.

Thank you Tracy at HAL HDQTRS>

Rich

I agree - the reason we sail on HAL is the fantastic staff they have. When you are spending your hard earned money, you sure feel better about it when you feel appreciated for your business.

Keep up the good work HAL and extra credit to the wonderful agent who aided Karen.

DaveOKC

The Hal rep Tracy was amazing. This kind of customer service is almost nonexistent today and the people who do provide it should definitely be acknowleged.

My DH and I are on a TA in October on the Noordam, third sailing on HAL. In going over many posts about HAL we were starting to feel that this could become our preferred cruise line. After the wonderful job Tracy did we feel even more that way.

Nan

Definitely TRACY deserves recognition for her work. IMHO though there were a bunch of people behind the scenes at HAL working out the details of how to make this happen for Kween Karen and others in the same position.

KUDOS to Tracy!

KUDOS to everyone else at HAL involved in resolving this so the affected pax can take their dream cruise!

Add my praise and appreciation for Tracy's handling of this!

My guess is that we've all seen the kind of "customer service" that makes us realize money is more important than people to so many companies. Probably a lot have become jaded, as I have. Seeing this from HAL is refreshing. It's SO the right thing to do! Thanks again Tracy!

Archived