Please Let's Thank Kween Karen's HAL Angel.....

sail7seas

Karen, I think you live near Seattle, why don't you ask Tracy if she'd like to meet for lunch, treating her to lunch will be a nice way to express your gratitude. Just a thought.

I'm glad that Tracy was able to help you resolve this.

HAL's Angels in this case Tracy, came through again. Isn't it great in this day and age of me, me, me, to witness service above and beyond. This could so easily have had a different ending and again I am so happy for Karen.

I had posted back in 2006, my experience with a HAL's Angel. not nearly so dramatic, but to me just as important. We had disembarked the Statendam in Auckland NZ. Two hours into our long flight home, I realized that I had left my moneybelt in our stateroom safe along with $1000 in travellers checks. These were old checks and the numbers were long gone (silly me) so I couldn't cancel them.

On arrival home, I contacted the HAL office in Seattle, and a very nice lady said she would "look into it". I thought for sure that would be the end of that but no, a week later I recieved a phone call from her saying that the moneybelt and contents had been located. and was on it's way to Seattle and from there it would be forwarded to my home. In just over two weeks it was returned to me, I was ecstatic to say the least.

I'm sure there are others with stories to tell, why not post them here and give HAL a well deserved pat on the back, which I think they would appreciate in these trying times. :)

We are planning a 14 day Alaska, and it was between HAL and another line. After reading how customer-friendly they are, there is no doubt that we will be cruising with HAL! Thank you, HAL, for all of your friendly support!

Maria

Another chiming in to say "THANKS!!!!".

Too often, it is individuals who have an unhappy experience who get gobs of attention from telling their story. It's so nice when the good experiences get this kind of notice!

We have all been following Karen's stressful story and have worried so for her getting the TA to forward her payment to HAL.

Throughout the whole saga, Karen kept telling us how wonderful the not named lady at HAL has been in helping her.

I think most of us who have followed this story would agree Karen's story would not have ended happily without the huge assistance of the lady at HAL who helped her all week.

Let's all send a giant Thank You to her for such outstanding work and her successful result.

Thank you, Ma'am, whoever you are. :)

I have always said that for us, HAL is 'all about the people'.

You should be Seattle's Employee of the Month!

It's her job , isn't it?

It's her job , isn't it?

JMHO....... (and it seems the opinion of many others) that in this day and age, it is rare to find people who go so far and wide above and beyond what they 'have' to do in order to earn their pay check.

I don't know Tracy's title or job description and really don't care. This lady did a remarkable job and that is what matters.

I am among those who like to compliment people for job well done; not only complain and criticize those who fall short.

I'm happy so many have takent the moment to make positive comments and I hope there is some method by which Tracy sees this thread.

I have followed the saga for a few days and am very impressed with the level of concern and service from Tracy and HAL. Please print out this thread in a few days and send it to HAL and Tracy so they know how very impressed we all are, and I as a long time cruiser have not seen this level of service in a very very long time.

Kudos to Tracy! And to HAL as well for creating an atmosphere where going the 'extra mile' is common place.

Hal was within it's rights to just cancel Karen's reservation for failure to make the final payment. Instead they went to bat for her and got the issue with this shady TA settled.

I hope HAL puts Tracy on a free cruise for her outstanding customer service!

It's her job , isn't it?

No her job was to notify Karen of the situation, Tracy was not responsible for making the agent pay. HAL could have cancelled Karen's booking, or told Karen to pay up and deal with the travel agent herself.

Had Karen been in a similar situation and the cruise line hadn't intervened this would not have been sorted out so quickly and in Karen's favor.

On cruise ships we tip when it is deserved to recognize a job well done.

Karen, I think some way of expressing gratitude to Tracy would be great which is why I suggested lunch, since you are in that area (sorry, I don't know how far you are from Seattle).

On the other thread I'd suggested writing a letter to HAL, I know you plan on doing this.

Well done, Tracy. To go out of your way for a client on your day off is going above and beyond the call of duty.

I hope this is remembered when it's time for your performance review. You deserve whatever good comes your way.

Tracy did a thoughtful, professional job. It is a pleasure to know that HAL employees will do the extra work for their clients.

Let's not forget Dutch by Association (DBA) for chiming in unasked at the beginning of this saga with some advice. That, too, was surely appreciated.

I've been lurking during this entire discussion. But I do want to jump in now and join the chorus of appreciative thanks to the Holland America rep who was so helpful. Giving credit where credit is due is of the utmost importance in a world where criticism often has a louder voice than praise.

Archived