Navigation Charts

I love buying them in the art auction but they are getting pricy lately. Anybody else have them and from what ships? did you get a bridge tour with the captin too? On the ruby last month we were on the bridge when we pulled out of princess cays it was awsome.

Princess auctions 1 signed and stamped by the navigational officers each cruise.

I would never buy one from the art gallery, its a rip.

I love buying them in the art auction but they are getting pricy lately. Anybody else have them and from what ships? did you get a bridge tour with the captin too? On the ruby last month we were on the bridge when we pulled out of princess cays it was awsome.

You could pick up appropriate chart(s) at any yachting supply store, and bring it/them with you to plot yourself. Allow a bit of lead time to allow store to order less common ones.

I bought the navigational chart from my Med cruise this past may at the art action and didn't feel I was ripped off at all. It should be noted that the proceeds from the sale of the charts goes to charity to help needy families and Princess does not take a commission or make any profit on these. That is not true of the other art work of course.

they start at 90 and have seen them go as high as 800, yet the avg is around 300 from what i have seen

It went for about $1500 on an Antarctica cruise several years ago on the Golden Princess.

I spent 12 years as an officer with P&O / Princess and have no idea how many (canceled) charts I gave away during the free bridge visits. We used to use them for all sorts of things, like makeshift posters or just to protect something like I would use an old newspaper at home now.

I think it's great to see money being raised for charities in this way. It would never have crossed my mind to do something like this with them but then maybe if I had more of an imagination for things like this I'd be able to afford to cruise more often nowadays.

I spent 12 years as an officer with P&O / Princess and have no idea how many (canceled) charts I gave away during the free bridge visits. We used to use them for all sorts of things, like makeshift posters or just to protect something like I would use an old newspaper at home now.

I think it's great to see money being raised for charities in this way. It would never have crossed my mind to do something like this with them but then maybe if I had more of an imagination for things like this I'd be able to afford to cruise more often nowadays.

They usually hang the one that is going to be auctioned somewhere in a public area during the voyage. When it comes up for auction, the officers will have signed and dated it. Quite the momento and, as has been said, getting pricier. On my first voyage, we missed out by a few dollars... it went for $60.... now I never see them go for less than $300 :eek:

Archived