East Carib Feb 9-19, 2010; many children?

rbm

Has anyone been on a 10-day cruise over President's Week (in the US)? We're counting on a quiet and relaxing cruise before embarking into parenthood ourselves although recently heard of some issues (depending on your point of view) with the ships being quite full of young children. Since this cruise covers the holiday season in the US we're now concerned about the number of potential children.

Thanks.

Has anyone been on a 10-day cruise over President's Week (in the US)? We're counting on a quiet and relaxing cruise before embarking into parenthood ourselves although recently heard of some issues (depending on your point of view) with the ships being quite full of young children. Since this cruise covers the holiday season in the US we're now concerned about the number of potential children.

Thanks.

Presidents Day in the US is no big deal, only a one day legal holiday. No need to worry, unless its over spring break.

Host Dan

If Regent is running a children's programduring President's week, there will be children on board. I believe you will be on the Navigator -- a lovely ship -- quite small. While I do not think there will be as many children as on Alaska cruises, this is their vacation time. . . . ... We cruised the Eastern Caribbean the week after President's week this year -- it was lovely -- quiet and relaxing -- the way you hope it will be. Any chance of changing the date?

P.S. Host Dan --I checked school calendars for another poster yesterday. Most are closed down for a week. I know it differs state to state.

I can't see a "kids sail free" or "kids sail cheap" promotion associated with that cruise. That's a plus, if true. It's also 10 days, which is also a plus.

We had quite a few kids on our two Caribbean cruises, one on Voyager, one on Navigator, both a couple of weeks before Xmas (i.e., while school was out.) Really, it wasn't a big problem, no problem at all most of the time. I found that most children were with extended families and had plenty of supervision and company.

Looks like a great cruise, by the way!

We were on an E Carib RSSC voyage over Christmas with quite a few children on it. Never had any problems with the kids all we interacted with were well mannered and mostly fun to be around. Unlike the drunk lady who fell on her you know what in the elevator one night. DW and I still laugh about that.

Have fun and enjoy a wonderful cruise.

Thanks.

The week after President's Day is winter break for many schools in the East. We've been on the Navigator during this week in the past. Yes, there were a few children, but I wouldn't give it a second thought. They were extremely well behaved and did not affect our cruise in any way.

Archived