Kids In Cabins

We typically take one or two of my son's friends with us on our cruises. On Princess, as long as one of the kids is 16, they can "legally" have their own cabin.

I have been advised by my TA that Carninval's policy is that either both have to be 21 or one has to be 25, or their room must be next to or across the hall from the parents.

On our next trip we will have 2 18-year olds and 2 17-year olds. All have been on cruises with us (primarily Princess) and know the drill....no noise in the cabin after 10 PM, don't let the door slam, keep it picked up for the room steward and be respectful to crew and other passengers. Not a lot to ask to be able to go on these trips with us and they know it.

I can book our balcony with me and one kid and the second cabin with my husband and one kid, but what to do about the third cabin? There are no interior cabins next to our balcony cabin (already booked) on the Panorama Deck. I know, ultimately, I can move our balcony to another deck or else where on our deck, but we really know where we want to be. Plus, the boys do enjoy some autonomy on these trips. They aren't babies who need to be watched every minute of the day and night. In fact, two of them are legal adults.

I'm looking for reasonable solutions, not to start a rant about teenagers on cruises. So, please, if you hate having to share your vacation with teens, start your own thread.

Any creative cruisers out there? Just looking for some advise.

Thanks for the help.

What most seem to do to get around this is have one parent assigned to each room, when you are on the ship where you sleep is then your problem.

Oops should of read the whole thread just realized you were looking for 3 cabins

A good TA would know how to handle this. I'm not a TA but have read enough on CC about this. The TA can simply put one adult and one kid in the balcony, second cabin with 2 underage directly across the hall and one adult and one kid in the third cabin. Once you get onboard, see the purser to get keys switched. Their policy really makes no sense to me. They are trying to keep kids from being rowdy and they have a lot of under 25 college kids that cruise without parents onboard so it their way of keeping control. I personally feel that if you are on the same ship as your parents, it should be allowed. JMHO

I wonder if this will work? It seems like it would.

Balcony cabin where you are booked now = 1 parent and 1 boy

2 inside or ov cabins next to each other: 1st cabin = 1 parent and 1 boy; 2nd cabin = 2 boys. It should be ok if they are next to each other and a parent is booked in one of them.

Edit: I mean this for booking. You can switch cards and sleep where you want to.

2 inside or ov cabins next to each other: 1st cabin = 1 parent and 1 boy; 2nd cabin = 2 boys. It should be ok if they are next to each other and a parent is booked in one of them.

Edit: I mean this for booking. You can switch cards and sleep where you want to.

YEP! This will work. Tell your TA to do it and you don't even need to mention that you will switch it later. You can switch it once you get onboard at the pursers desk.

There are alot of families with more kids than parents who need more than 2 cabins---they DO allow children in rooms by themselves...and you CAN book them without a parent IN the cabin...but you'll have to do that through a real person, not online.

YEP! This will work. Tell your TA to do it and you don't even need to mention that you will switch it later. You can switch it once you get onboard at the pursers desk.

I must have been typing my response while you were and you beat me to it!

Kimberley,

You're right this will work...Thanks.

I may save some money too by booking cabins on a lower deck.

Regards.

There are alot of families with more kids than parents who need more than 2 cabins---they DO allow children in rooms by themselves...and you CAN book them without a parent IN the cabin...but you'll have to do that through a real person, not online.

CB,

Thanks. I did talk to a real person and yes, I can put the kids in their own cabins, but the cabin must be adjoining to the parents or across the hall. This is where we run into a problem.

I hate to say this, but you are going to have to find at least two adjoining rooms somewhere on the ship to make it work.

I know that Carnival has removed 2 people out of their selected rooms if they have booked a specific room that can accomodate 3 or more. They will do this for revenue purposes. You might ask if they move the occupants of one of the adjoining rooms of the one you want to purchase.

Otherwise, start looking at higher catergories to find an adjoining room.

A good TA would know how to handle this. I'm not a TA but have read enough on CC about this. The TA can simply put one adult and one kid in the balcony, second cabin with 2 underage directly across the hall and one adult and one kid in the third cabin. Once you get onboard, see the purser to get keys switched. Their policy really makes no sense to me. They are trying to keep kids from being rowdy and they have a lot of under 25 college kids that cruise without parents onboard so it their way of keeping control. I personally feel that if you are on the same ship as your parents, it should be allowed. JMHO

Fire your TA immediately and get one who actually bothers to learn a cruise lines policies.

On Carnival, children may be in their own cabin provided it is adjacent to or directly across the hall from their parents/guardians.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/minor.html

Fire your TA immediately and get one who actually bothers to learn a cruise lines policies.

On Carnival, children may be in their own cabin provided it is adjacent to or directly across the hall from their parents/guardians.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/minor.html

I was told this only applies to if the adults are actually their parents and legal guaradians, not for the friends of the kids .... but I was thinking this could work, the children of the OP could be booked across or next to the parents in their own cabin and the friends, booked with one adult each to get around the rules. ... and then sleep in different beds once onboard.

Archived