The cruise is not official until ???

Another member of the multiple highs of "I'm on a cruise".

The first being turning off my computer at work and walking out the door. Always get a day before leaving home in so I can finish packing and get the manicure/pedicure and schedule it so I can sleep in that day - another high. Leaving home brings on another cruise high. If we are flying, there is yet another cruise high after getting through security at the airport. Then there is arriving at port the night before and checking into the hotel. Seeing the ship in the morning. Hearing the bing bing of the seapass card. The end of the muster drill. And the high of all highs that is "I'm on a cruise" is sail away on our balcony sipping our pre-ordered champagne. Maybe this last event is actually "it", and the rest is "foreplay"?:D:D:D I just enjoy it all.

My vacation cruise begins the moment I book my cruise and go on cc to the cruise site...from then on I am cruising in my imagination until the cruise actually begins. I feel that people that don't use cc are missing out on part of their cruise experience.

The first time i use my sea pass to get onto the ship! I can't wait until November!

Hi ... we are on the same cruise! How exciting for your children!!! This will be our 2 sons 3rd cruise, they are 16 & 18 and our daughters 2nd cruise, she will be 5 once the cruise gets here!

For me its;

1) leaving the gates of work on the last day, when we usually go, yahooooo!!

2) open a bottle of something nice when we get home, finish the packing and then head to the pub for something nice to eat and a few drinks, or get food ordered in, whatever we feel like.

3)After check in at the airport.

4) Driving up to the port and seeing the ship for the first time, brings tears to my eyes.

5) And it really starts once we have checked in at the port and I know we really are going on a cruise!!

6) Stepping on board and heading to the pool area for a large drink and a ciggie, arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh feel the relaxation kicking in already.

When final payment is made, I am assured that it is actually going to happen.

Then another wave of excitement starts as excursions are booked and paid for.

Finally, flying down a day early makes me pinch myself a few times.

At the sight of the ship sitting in port, I know it is for real and I am not in some wonderful dream. My cruise has begun!

like many of you it is in stages, I always get the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to have on our balcony after the muster drill for sail away, so that is normally the official beginning. But we are just about to do our first Alaskan cruise and muster drill isn't till 8:00 with sail away at 9:00. That bottle of champagne will be long gone by then.

All our cruises have always had a mid afternoon meeting on sail away day of our CC friends in the Schooner Bar to get the party started off right

Archived